Important Antonyms Examplesप्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं में Antonyms से सम्बन्धित प्रश्न पूछे जाते है। Antonyms का अर्थ विपरीतार्थक शब्द होता है। आपको चार विकल्प दिये जाते है, जिसमें से एक दिए गए शब्द का विपरीतार्थक शब्द होता है। यह सभी प्रश्न IBPS Bank (PO and Clerk), NDA, CDS, SSC (CGL, MTS, LDC), MBA, Hotel Management, MCA, UPSC, BEd Exams आदि परीक्षाओं के लिए उपयोगी साबित होगें।
Directions : In these questions, choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word.
1. She did not like her husband being obsequious to his boss.
(a) courteous (b) gentle (c) defiant (d) harsh (Ans : c)
2. The professor had to share a hotel room with a garrulous tax collector.
(a) dumb (b) speechless (c) tongue-tied (d) silent (Ans : d)
3. The ignominy of defeat broke his back.
(a) reward (b) promotion (c) honour (d) transfer (Ans : c)
4. His face bore a blank look all the time while I was telling him about that exciting incident.
(a) a passive (b) an expressive (c) a passionate (d) a mysterious (Ans : b)
5. The judge implicated the investigating officer in the murder.
(a) absolved (b) exonerated (c) explicated (d) liberated (Ans : a)
6. I could see a morose expression on her face.
(a) emotional (b) angry (c) happy (d) critical (Ans : c)
7. The officer had issued explicit instructions to his staff.
(a) inadequate (b) elusive (c) ambiguous (d) queer (Ans : c)
8. Young birds are very vulnerable to predators.
(a) lonely (b) attractive (c) protected (d) powerful (Ans : c)
9. After the interview he was in an upbeat mood.
(a) mournful (b) pessimistic (c) helpless (d) hopeless (Ans : b)
10. This is the most onerous task I have ever undertaken.
(a) brief (b) short (c) complex (d) easy (Ans : d)
11. We have made tentative plans for a holiday.
(a) permanent (b) definite (c) careful (d) elaborate (Ans : b)
12. Her knowledge of Sanskrit appears to be quite superficial.
(a) sufficient (b) perfect (c) deep (d) praiseworthy (Ans : c)
13. Genuine jewellery is available only in this shop.
(a) False (b) Cheap (c) Imitation (d) Duplicate (Ans : c)
14. Our stock of food is greatly depleted.
(a) replenished (b) recovered (c) repaired (d) filled (Ans : a)
15. He received the news coldly.
(a) angrily (b) enthusiastically (c) gratefully (d) bravely (Ans : b)
16. The architect was looking for a monument perfect in modernity.
(a) antiquity (b) construction (c) past (d) history (Ans : a)
17. The terms of the agreement were deliberately vague.
(a) Wide (b) specific (c) written (d) oral (Ans : b)
18. He glanced through the letter perfunctorily.
(a) nicely (b) ceremoniously (c) carefully (d) particularly (Ans : c)
19. It is difficult to know the divine revelations of truth.
(a) mystery (b) myth (c) secret (d) intrigue (Ans : a)
20. Both our education and examinations emphasise bookish knowledge.
(a) marketable (b) technical (c) practical (d) scientific (Ans : c)
Read Articles to Improve English :
● Common Errors Questions with Answers
● Spelling Mistakes Questions with Answers
● Comprehension Passages Questions with Answers
● Cloze Passage Questions with Answers
● Active and Passive Voice Questions with Answers
● Sentence Arrangement Questions with Answers
● Sentence Improvement Questions with Answers
● Sentence Completion Questions with Answers
● One Word Substitution Questions with Answers
● Idioms and Phrases Questions with Answers
● Synonyms Questions with Answers