1. She adjusted quite well with her husband’s idiosyncrasies.
(A) peculiar habits (B) bad habits (C) weaknesses (D) stupid manners (Ans : A)
2. He is employed in an ordnance factory.
(A) orthodox (B) arms and ammunition
(C) electrical and electronic (D) ordinary and common (Ans : B)
3. I cannot believe in the veracity of his statement.
(A) truth (B) usefulness (C) sincerity (D) faisity (Ans : A)
4. Although the boys in his class were naughty, he never resorted to corporal punishment.
(A) harsh (B) physical (C) unjust (D) general (Ans : B)
5. The decision to drop the atom bomb on Hiroshima was a grave one.
(A) serious (B) momentous (C) instinctive (D) impulsive (Ans : A)
6. He is a sycophant who tries to win over politicians.
(A) a psychologist (B) an opportunist (C) an unscrupulous man (D) a flatterer (Ans : D)
Directions (Q. Nos. 7-12) : Each item in this section consists of a word or group of words, in capital letters, followed by four words or group of words. Select the word or group of words that is most similar in meaning to the word or group of words in capital letters.
(A) Pretended (B) Played (C) Developed (D) Failed (Ans : A)
(A) Serious (B) Careful (C) Punctual (D) Hardworking (Ans : B)
(A) Proper (B) Uncommon (C) Noteworthy (D) Precise (Ans : D)
(A) Feeling panic (B) Thorough and rigorous
(C) Taking risk (D) Painful and sorrowful (Ans : B)
(A) Degeneration (B) Deadlock (C) Exhaustion (D) Settlement (Ans : B)
(A) Forbid (B) Forfeit (C) Forsake (D) Forbear (Ans : A)
Direction (Q. Nos. 13-20) : In each of these items, a word has given underlined followed by words listed (a), (b), (c) and (d) choose the appropriate words most similar in meaning to the underlined words. ,
13. The two executioners approached the tree with a red mark on its side.
(A) executive engineers (B) explorers
(C) experimenters (D) those who inflict capital punishment (Ans : D)
14. She takes after her mother.
(A) follows (B) comes after (C) resembles (D) imitates (Ans : C)
15. The spectators looked at the batsman in amazement when he hit sixer after sixer.
(A) shock (B) wonder (C) surprise (D) suspicion (Ans : A)
16. He has an electrifying presence.
(A) attractive (B) fearsome (C) exciting (D) disturbing (Ans : C)
17. I can no longer be satisfied with fictitious good conduct.
(A) based on facts (B) based on imagination
(C) based on works of fiction (D) based on feudal ties (Ans : C)
18. Please do not interfere with my work.
(A) meddle (B) help (C) object (D) copy (Ans : A)
19. People thronged to pay homage to the departed leader.
(A) humility (B) tribute (C) obedience (D) allegiance (Ans : B)
20. The article was so well written that it merited careful study.
(A) deserved (B) encouraged (C) prompted (D) supported (Ans : A)
Directions (Q. Nos. 21-40) : Each item consists of a word or group of words in capital letters followed by four words or group of words. Select the word or group of words that is most similar in meaning to the word or groups of words in capital letters.
(A) Careless (B) Shivering (C) Troubled (D) Weak (Ans : A)
(A) Awkward (B) Inconsistent (C) Silly (D) Ugly (Ans : B)
(A) Deviate (B) Comeback (C) Remove (D) Slow down (Ans : A)
(A) Courage (B) Nourishment (C) Health (D) Wisdom (Ans : B)
(A) To deny (B) To tremble (C) To evade truth (D) To examine (Ans : C)
(A) Environment (B) The holy part (C) Corridor (D) Room for pilgrims (Ans : B)
(A) jogging (B) Brisk walking (C) Travelling (D) Strolling (Ans : A)
(A) Disagreement (B) Despondency (C) Bitterness (D) Difference (Ans : C)
(A) Quiet (B) Economical (C) Shy (D) Generous (Ans : B)
(A) To soothe (B) To wrap (C) To sweep (D) To wash (Ans : B)
(A) Looking out (B) Prospect (C) Outward appearance (D) Scrutiny (Ans : B)
(A) Censure (B) Sentence (C) Banish (D) Berate (Ans : C)
(A) Exaggerated and intentional (B) Extravagant and silly
(C) Unreasonable and malicious (D) Shocking and violent (Ans : D)
(A) Problem (B) Hardship (C) Plight (D) Distress (Ans : D)
(A) To promote (B) To surround (C) To settle comfortably (D) To honour (Ans : C)
(A) Condemnation (B) Disgrace (C) Failure (D) Criticism (Ans : B)
(A) Abominable (B) Harmless (C) Harmful (D) Useful (Ans : B)
(A) Violent (B) Miserly (C) Cautious (D) Quarrelsome (Ans : B)
(A) Thin (B) Even-tempered (C) Worldly (D) Huge (Ans : B)
(A) To learn (B) To exhibit (C) To resist (D) To become infirm (Ans : B)
People Also Visited:
– Reading Comprehension - Multiple Choice Questions and Answers
– Antonyms - Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Answers
– Ordering of Sentences - Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Answers
– Sentence Rearrangement - Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) Answers
– Idioms and Phrases - Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Answers
– Sentence Correction - Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Answers
– Spotting Errors - Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Answers