1. Which of the following cups/trophies is associated with the game of cricket?
(A) Davis Cup (B) Agha Khan Cup (C) Wimbledon Cup
(D) Nehru Cup (E) Ranji Trophy (Ans : E)
2. Which of the following terms is used in the game of football?
(A) Penalty (B) Cover Point (C) Cox (D) Bull’s Eye (E) Half Nelson (Ans : A)
3. Which of the following combinations of the name of countries and their capitals is NOT correct?
(A) Bangladesh-Dhaka (B) Afghanistan-Kabul (C) Canada-Ottawa
(D) China-Beijing (E) Italy-Milan (Ans : E)
4. Which of the following instruments is used to measure intensity of earthquakes?
(A) Seismograph (B) Periscope (C) Manometer
(D) Galvanometer (E) Dynamometer (Ans : A)
5. Who amongst the following is the author of the book “The Miracle of Democracy : India’s Amazing Journey” ?
(A) Mr. Nandan Nilekani (B) Mr. T. S. Krishnamurthy (C) Mr. Madhav Godbole
(D) Mr. Gopal Krishna Pillai (E) None of these (Ans : B)
6. Who amongst the following was the first elected President of the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal ?
(A) Ram Baran Yadav (B) B.P. Koirala (C) Madhav Kumar Nepal
(D) Pushpa Kamal Dahal ‘Prachanda’ (E) None of these (Ans : A)
7. National Sports Day is observed on which of the following days ?
(A) 20th August (B) 29th August (C) 19th July (D) 29th July (E) 20th September (Ans : B)
8. Which of the following States is amongst the top five power-selling States in India ?
(A) Meghalaya (B) Chhattisgarh (C) Maharashtra (D) Kerala (E) Rajasthan (Ans : B)
9. ............ is the rate of which the central bank of a country (Reserve Bank of India) lends money to commercial banks in the event of any shortfall of funds.
(A) Repo Rate (B) Cash Reserve Ratio (C) Bank Rate
(D) Statutory Liquidity Ratio (E) Reverse Repo Rate (Ans : A)
10. How does a decrease in SLR affect the market ?
(A) CRR goes up (B) Liquidity decreases (C) CRR goes down
(D) Liquidity increases (E) Both A and B (Ans : D)
11. Which of the following bodies regulates monetary policy in India?
(A) Planning Commission (B) National Development Council (C) Union Ministry of Finance
(D) Reserve Bank of India (E) None of these (Ans : D)
12. UIDAI stands for–
(A) Unique Identification Authority of India (B) Union of Identification Authority of India
(C) Unique Investigation Authority of India (D) Umbrella Identification Authority of India
(E) Unity Investigation Authority of India (Ans : A)
13. ‘‘World Ozone Day’’ is observed on–
(A) 16th September (B) 16th October (C) 16th November
(D) 26th September (E) 26th October (Ans : A)
14. Which of the following is not a Government sponsored organisation?
(A) Small Industries Development Bank of India (B) NABARD
(C) National Housing Bank (D) ICICI Bank
(E) All are government sponsored (Ans : D)
15. As we all know in India currency market is regulated by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), while “currency futures” are jointly regulated by the RBI and which of the following other banks ?
(A) NABARD (B) SIDBI (C) SEBI
(D) State Bank of India (E) ICICI Bank (Ans : C)
16. Which of the following is NOT a part of India’s Money Market?
(A) Bill Markets (B) Call Money Market (C) Banks
(D) Mutual Funds (E) Indian Gold Council (Ans : E)
17. Which of the following is not correct regarding WTO ?
(A) It officially commenced on 1st January, 1995 (B) It replaced GATT
(C) It is headquartered in Paris (D) It deals with regulation of trade
(E) All of the above (Ans : C)
18. Banks are required to maintain secrecy and confidentiality of customer’s accounts under–
(A) Indian Contract Act, 1872 (B) Banker’s Book Evidence, 1891 (C) Consumer Protection Act, 1986
(D) Banking Regulation Act, 1949 (E) Income Tax Act, 1961 (Ans : C)
19. Which varieity of mango from India was recently banned by the European Union ?
(A) Dasehri (B) Chausa (C) Alphonso (D) Langda (E) Safeda (Ans : C)
20. Which ship was used by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his first defence outing ?
(A) INS Sindhurakshak (B) INS Vikramaditya (C) INS Sagarmatha
(D) INS Harshavardhana (E) INS Vikrant (Ans : B)
21. A bank without any branch network that offers its services remotely through online banking, telephone/mobile banking and inter-bank ATM network alliances is known as
(A) Universal Banking (B) Indirect Bank (C) Doorstep Bank
(D) Direct Bank (E) Unit Banking (Ans : A)
22. target set by UIDAI for issuance of Aadhaar cards upto 2014 is –
(A) 50 crore cards (B) 55 crore cards (C) 45 crore cards
(D) 40 crore cards (E) 60 crore cards (Ans : D)
23. A type of fraud wherein criminals use and innocent persons details to open or use an account to carry out financial transactions is known as
(A) Identity Theft (B) Money Laundering (C) Hacking
(D) Espionage (E) Phishing (Ans : C)
24. Deepak Lathore is related to which of the following sports?
(A) Hockey (B) Cricket (C) Badminton (D) Football (E) Weightlifting (Ans : C)
25. As per the newly released figures India has become the world’s third largest manufacturer of which of the following surpassing USA and Russia ?
(A) Cement (B) Steel (C) White goods
(D) Cars and two wheelers (E) None of these (Ans : D)