1. To which of the following clients of the Reserve Bank of India does its rates (Bank Rate and Repo Rate) apply ?
(A) Union Government (B) State Government (C) NABARD
(D) NBFCs (E) All of the above (Ans : E)
2. Which of the following terms is used in the field of economics?
(A) Ampere (B) Horse Power (C) Relative Density
(D) Arbitrage (E) Joule’s Law (Ans : D)
3. Wasim Jaffer’s name was in news recently. He is a well known–
(A) Chess player (B) Table Tennis player (C) Lawn Tennis player
(D) Golf player (E) Cricket player (Ans : E)
4. Who among the following is the Chief Justice of India at present?
(A) Justice Sujata Manohar (B) Justice Altamas Kabir (C) Justice G. S. Singhvi
(D) Justice S. H. Kapadia (E) None of these (Ans : D)
5. Which of the following comes under Demand Liabilities?
(A) Current deposits (B) Demand liabilities portion of savings bank deposits
(C) Margins held against letters of credit /guarantees (D) Balances in overdue fixed deposits
(E) All of the above (Ans : E)
6. The Reserve Bank of India recently released Report of the GIRO Advisory Group. Who heads this Advisory Group?
(A) Umesh Bhullar (B) Dinesh Mathur (C) S. Khullar (D) Brahm Dutt (E) B.N. Satpathy (Ans : A)
7. Cheraw, the bamboo dance, is of which Indian State ?
(A) Mizoram (B) Sikkim (C) Arunachal Pradesh
(D) Manipur (E) Assam (Ans : A)
8. Who amongst the following Indian Prime Ministers was honoured posthumously by the Government of Bangladesh for his/her contributions to the independence of the nation ?
(A) Rajiv Gandhi (B) Jawaharlal Nehru (C) Indira Gandhi
(D) Lal Bahadur Shastri (E) None of these (Ans : C)
9. Who among the following is currently the Union Minister of Chemical and Fertilizers?
(A) Ananth Kumar (B) Ramvilas Paswan (C) Jitendra Singh
(D) Manoj Sinha (E) V. K. Singh (Ans : A)
10. Name the person who, at present, is heading the SIT established for Black Money?
(A) R. M. Lodha (B) P. Sathasivam (C) Altamas Kabir
(D) M. B. Shah (E) S. Rajendra Babu (Ans : D)
11. Which Indian shooter won 3 medals in the ISSF World Cup held in Munich?
(A) Abhinav Bindra (B) Gagan Narang (C) Jitu Rai
(D) Samarjit Singh (E) Apoorva Lakhtokia (Ans : C)
12. Which of the following is the capital of Brazil?
(A) Brasilia (B) Sao Paulo (C) Rio de Janerio
(D) Curitiba (E) Recife (Ans : A)
13. Which of the following services is NOT provided by the post offices of India?
(A) Savings Bank Scheme (B) Retailing of Mutual Funds
(C) Sale of Stamp Papers (Judicial) (D) Issuance of Demand Drafts
(E) Life Insurance Cover (Ans : E)
14. Which of the following diseases is not covered under Integrated Disease Surveillance Project?
(A) Cholera (B) Tuberculosis (C) AIDS (D) Polio (E) Cancer (Ans : A)
15. Shushil Kumar who won a Gold Medal at an international event is a famous–
(A) Wrestling Champion (B) Golf Player (C) Table Tennis Player
(D) Weight Lifter (E) None of these (Ans : A)
16. Who amongst the following is the author of the book ‘‘The Name Sake”?
(A) Vikram Seth (B) V.S.Naipaul (C) Arun Bhagat
(D) Anita Desai (E) Jhumpa Lahiri (Ans : E)
17. Indian citizens generally make investments in many schemes. Which of the following is not the name of any such scheme in which investment for the purpose of saving income tax can be made ?
(A) National Savings Certificate (B) White Papers (C) Mutual Funds
(D) Infrastructure Bonds (E) LIC policies (Ans : B)
18. Which of the following has written the book ‘Between the Lines’ ?
(A) V. S. Naipaul (B) Prem Bhatia (C) Kuldeep Nayyar
(D) C. Rangarajan (E) Saul Bellow (Ans : C)
19. Which of the following countries has decided to use the revenue collected from newly discovered oil field to make a Special Sovereign Fund ?
(A) Iraq (B) Russia (C) Iran (D) Indonesia (E) Brazil (Ans : E)
20. Which of the following terms is used in banking and finance ?
(A) Abiotic (B) Demand Deposit (C) Fat scales (D) A diabetic (E) Cathode (Ans : B)
21. Which of the following cups/trophies is NOT related with the game of cricket?
(A) Deodhar Trophy (B) Irani Trophy (C) Subroto Cup
(D) Ranji Trophy (E) ICC Trophy (Ans : C)
22. Which of the following operations is conducted after a gap of every ten years?
(A) Economic survey (B) Estimates of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) (C) Compilation of Human Development Report
(D) Census of Small Scale Enterprises (E) General Census (Ans : E)
23. A Bank’s fixed deposit is also referred to as a–
(A) Term Deposit (B) Savings Bank Deposit (C) Current Deposit
(D) Demand Deposit (E) Home Saving Deposit (Ans : D)
24. Which of the following is not a Credit rating agency of India ?
(A) CIBIL (B) ICRA Limited (C) Fitch (D) Onicra (E) Experian (Ans : C)
25. Names of which of the following rates/ratios cannot be seen in financial newspapers ?
(A) Bank Rate (B) Repo Rate (C) Cash Reserve Ratio
(D) Pulse Rate (E) Statutory Liquidity Ratio (Ans : D)