1. Which of the following taxes was levied on the buying/selling of various commodities on recognized exchanges in India? (It is withdrawn now).
(A) Fringe Benefit Tax (B) Value Added Tax (C) Central Sales Tax
(D) Securities Transaction Tax (E) Commodity Transaction Tax (Ans : A)
2. Which of the following is NOT a banking related term ?
(A) Creditor (B) Outstanding amount (C) Benchmark Prime Lending Rate
(D) Explicit Guarantee (E) Centre Pass (Ans : E)
3. Ricky Ponting who was in news recently is a famous cricketer from–
(A) New Zealand (B) West Indies (C) Australia (D) England (E) None of these (Ans : C)
4. As we all know Govt. is committed to provide employment of 100 days to the rural people in India Which of the acts is enacted for the same?
(A) Competition Act (B) Minimum Wages Act (C) National Rural Employment Guarantee Act
(D) Right to Information Act (E) None of these (Ans : C)
5. World famous tennis star Rafael Nadal is from which of the following countries ?
(A) USA (B) Spain (C) Germany (D) Italy (E) France (Ans : B)
6. Azlan Shah Cup is associated with the game of–
(A) Cricket (B) Hockey (C) Badminton (D) Table Tennis (E) Golf (Ans : B)
7. What is the full form of NFSM, an initiative of the National Development Council of India ?
(A) New Food Security Mechanism (B) National Food Security Management
(C) National Farmers’ Service Manch (D) New Fastest Space Missile
(E) None of these (Ans : E)
8. Financial year in banks is a period from –
(A) January to December (B) May to June (C) April to March
(D) January to April (E) None of these (Ans : C)
9. The navratna status was recently conferred upon.
(A) National Building Construction Corporation (B) Engineers India Limited
(C) Steel Authority of India Limited (D) Bharat Electronics Limited
(E) Both A and B (Ans : E)
10. Which of the following countries has the least Global Peace Index?
(A) Iraq (B) Libya (C) Syria (D) Kenya (E) Congo (Ans : C)
11. What percentage of total global oil reserves is held by the OPEC countries?
(A) 68 percent (B) 75 percent (C) 81 percent
(D) 86 percent (E) 90 percent (Ans : C)
12. Where will Nivea's first ever manufacturing plant in India come up?
(A) Sanand (B) Pune (C) Shimla (D) Dehradun (E) Kolkata (Ans : A)
13. Which of the following States will soon have its first Civil Airports?
(A) Jammu and Kashmir (B) Maharashtra (C) Assam
(D) Meghalaya (E) Sikkim (Ans : E)
14. Which of the following was/were the objective(s) of the Mission Chandrayaan 1 ?
(a) Preparing dimensional atlas of the lunarsurface
(b) Chemical Mapping of the entire lunarsurface
(c) Locating minerals in the soil of the moon
(A) Only (a) (B) Only (b) (C) Only (c) (D) All (a), (b) and (d) (E) None of these (Ans : D)
15. Which of the following rates is not controlled by the Reserve Bank of India?
(A) Cash Reserve Ratio (B) Statutory Liquidity Ratio (C) Cess
(D) Marginal Standing Facility (E) Repo Rate (Ans : C)
16. With which sports is Pullela Gopichand associated?
(A) Golf (B) Billiards (C) Tennis (D) Badminton (E) Squash (Ans : D)
17. What does DTL stand for in the field of banking ?
(A) Demand and Time Liabilities (B) Deposit Term Liabilities
(C) Demand Term Lender (D) Derivative and Term Liabilities
(E) Demat and Time Liabilities (Ans : A)
18. Real time settlement of fund transfer is known as–
(A) RTGS (B) NEFT (C) RECS (D) ECS (E) CCIL (Ans : A)
19. Which of the following is NOT a banking related term ?
(A) SME Finance (B) Overdraft (C) Drawing power
(D) Sanctioning Authority (E) Equinox (Ans : E)
20. Interest rate spreads indicate how efficiently banks–
(A) perform their intermediation role (B) provide value-added services to customers
(C) satisfy their customers (D) keep balance between the asset and liabilities of its balance sheet
(E) All of the above (Ans : E)
21. Former chairman of Tata Steel Rustomji Hormusji Mody, popularly known as Russi Mody passed away on May 16, 2014. In which year did he receive the Padma Bhushan for his exemplary contribution to the industry ?
(A) 1991 (B) 1993 (C) 1989 (D) 1996 (E) 2000 (Ans : C)
22. ‘OSCAR’ Awards are given for the excellence in the field of –
(A) Journalism (B) Social Service (C) Films (D) Sports (E) None of these (Ans : C)
23. Recently the term 4G was very much in news and even a conference on it was organized in India. What is the letter ‘G’ denotes in 4G ?
(A) Grade (B) Group (C) Global (D) Guild (E) Generation (Ans : E)
24. Mr. Arun Jaitely a Union Minister in the Indian Cabinet recently signed an agreement with South Korea. This means the agreement is for the Cooperation in the field of–
(A) Agriculture (B) Rural Development (C) Defence
(D) Steel and Iron (E) None of these (Ans : C)
25. As per the news published in various newspapers, the RBI has given its permission for cash withdrawal at “POS terminals”. What is the full form of “POS” ?
(A) Permitted on Sale (B) Potential of Service (C) Point of Sale
(D) Permission of Sale (E) None of these (Ans : C)