1. Which of the following trophies/cups is not associated with the game of Football?
(A) Durand Cup (B) Santosh Trophy (C) Federation Cup
(D) Subroto Cup (E) K. D. Singh Babu Trophy (Ans : E)
2. The Govt. of India is planning to provide an identity card to each one of its citizen with his/ her personal details and identity marks. Which of the following agencies/ organization is going to implement this huge task?
(A) Election Commission of India (B) Peoples Union for Civil Liberties
(C) Unique Identification Authority of India (D) National Committee on Science and Technology
(E) None of these (Ans : C)
3. Which of the following cannot be called a horticultural crop?
(A) Apple (B) Coconut (C) Moong (D) Sunflower (E) Leafy Vegetables (Ans : C)
4. As we all know now every child in the age group of 6-14 years can demand that he/she should be admitted to a school to complete his/ her primary/basic education. Enactment of which of the following acts has made it possible?
(A) Right to Information Act (B) Abolition of Child Labour Act
(C) Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation Act
(D) Competition Act (E) None of these (Ans : C)
5. India and Russia recently signed an agreement so that India can get a supply of Uranium fuel from Russia Uranium is used in which of the following sectors ?
(A) Pharma Sector (B) Transport Sector (C) Agro Industry
(D) Telecom Sector (E) Energy Sector (Ans : E)
6. The Govt. of India recently decided to finalise a big defence deal of ` 45,000 crores for which finally five contenders have been shortlisted. This deal is to purchase–
(A) Fighter jets (B) Radar system (C) Spy rockets
(D) Battle tanks (E) Warships (Ans : E)
7. As per the recent announcement by the Govt. of India about 2200 items from a particular country are now allowed to enter India without payment of any import duty. Which of the following countries will be exporting these items?
(A) Singapore (B) China (C) Pakistan (D) Nepal (E) Myanmar (Ans : B)
8. Union Govt. provides subsidy on which of the following commodities in India ?
(a) Fertilizers (b) Seeds (c) Tractors
(A) Only (a) (B) Only (b) (C) Only (c) (D) Only (b) and (c) (E) None of these (Ans : A)
9. The currency of Italy is–
(A) Krona (B) Franc (C) Ruble (D) Lira (E) Pound (Ans : D)
10. Which of the following countries has been affected by the rise of ISIS terrorist group?
(A) Iran (B) Iraq (C) Libya (D) United Arab Emirates (E) Ukraine (Ans : B)
11. Where can a person exchange his/her money into foreign currency?
(A) In the nationalized banks (B) Passport Office (C) Any stock exchange
(D) Special counters at the Union Ministry of Commerce
(E) An authorized dealer of the Reserve Bank of India (Ans : E)
12. In which city is Salarjung Museum located?
(A) Hyderabad (B) Lucknow (C) Bhopal (D) Mysore (E) None of these (Ans : A)
13. “The Doing Business Report” is prepared by which of the following organizations every year ?
(A) Asian Development Bank (ADB) (B) World Bank
(C) International Monetary Fund (IMF) (D) World Trade Organization (WTO)
(E) None of these (Ans : B)
14. What is the purpose of celebrating Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Divas?
(A) To promote national integration (B) To promote communal harmony (C) To eschew violence
(D) To promote goodwill among the people (E) All of the above (Ans : E)
15. The central bank of which country has the largest foreign reserves in the world?
(A) China (B) Saudi Arabia (C) European Union
(D) Switzerland (E) Japan (Ans : A)
16. Govt. of India has made an agreement with which of the following countries to upgrade it’s AN–32 aircrafts used by the Indian Airforce ?
(A) Ukrain (B) France (C) Russia (D) Britain (E) None of these (Ans : A)
17. Which among the following is not a characteristic of leasing ?
(A) Parties (B) Asset (C) Term (D) Rental (E) None of the above (Ans : E)
18. Who at present, is the CEO of Apple Inc ?
(A) Steve Jobs (B) Tim Cook (C) Martin Botha (D) Leonard Anderson (E) Robert Springs (Ans : B)
19. Who amongst the following is the author of the book “Shape of Things To Come” ?
(A) Adam Smith (B) James Joyce (C) Daniel Defoe
(D) Edgar Snow (E) H.G. Wells (Ans : E)
20. The present Indian monetary system is based on–
(A) Gold Reserve System (B) Proportional Reserve System
(C) Convertible Currency System (D) Minimum Reserve System
(E) None of these (Ans : D)
21. ‘Badayun’ which was in news in May-June 2014 is a place in–
(A) Madhya Pradesh (B) Bihar (C) Rajashtan
(D) Jharkhand (E) Uttar Pradesh (Ans : E)
22. Which of the following is the name of a private sector Bank in India ?
(A) IDBI Bank (B) Axis Bank (C) Corporation Bank
(D) UCO Bank (E) All are Private Banks (Ans : B)
23. Exporters in India get insurance cover and risk cover from which of the following organizations ?
(A) SIDBI (B) NABARD (C) ECGC
(D) RBI (E) None of these (Ans : C)
24. John Kerry who was in India recently is the U.S. Secretary of
(A) Commerce (B) State (C) Treasury
(D) Defence (E) None of these (Ans : B)
25. Which of the following terms is not related with the game of Hockey ?
(A) Back Swing (B) Short grip (C) Hook
(D) Slice (E) Short comer (Ans : E)