1. Vedanta Alumina is a company operating in the area of–
(A) Shipping (B) Mining (C) Cement (D) Textiles (E) Banking (Ans : B)
2. Which of the following taxes are levied by the State Governments in India?
(A) Value Added Tax (VAT) (B) Stamp duty (C) State excise
(D) Land revenue (E) All of the above (Ans : E)
3. Which of the following is a food crop ?
(A) Maize (B) Cotton (C) Palm (D) Jute (E) Jatropha (Ans : A)
4. Ms Kamla Prasad Bissessar who was on a visit to India recently is the–
(A) President of Trinidad and Tobago (B) Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago.
(C) President of Fiji (D) Prime Minister of Fiji (E) None of these (Ans : B)
5. Which of the following recently became the world’s largest single-location coal-fired plant in the private sector?
(A) Mundra Power Plant (B) Sasan Power Plant (C) Tiroda Power Plant
(D) Cheyyur Power Plant (E) Girye Power Plant (Ans : A)
6. The Union Budget 2014-15 extended Tax holiday for power projects till–
(A) 2015 (B) 2018 (C) 2020 (D) 2022 (E) 2025 (Ans : A)
7. Who among the following is the oldest Minister in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Cabinet?
(A) Lal Krishna Advani (B) Najma Heptullah (C) Murli Manohar Joshi
(D) Dr. Subramanyam Swami (E) Sushma Swaraj (Ans : B)
8. A cheque which bears the word “Not Negotiable” between the two parallel lines is considered as a–
(A) Uncrossed cheque (B) Truncated cheque (C) Valid cheque
(D) Crossed cheque (E) Post-dated cheque (Ans : D)
9. BIFR is a financial word dealing with–
(A) Agricultural procurement (B) Sick industrial companies (C) Money laundering
(D) KYC Norms (E) Recapitalization of banks (Ans : B)
10. ‘A Tale of Two Cities’ was authored by–
(A) Jane Austen (B) William Wordsworth (C) William Shakespeare
(D) Charles Dickens (E) Lucy Caroll (Ans : D)
11. Which of the following recently started operations in Mumbai ?
(A) Metro rail (B) Floating Garden (C) India’s largest solar plant
(D) Underway tram (E) None of these (Ans : A)
12. Who among the following cannot nominate in a bank ?
(A) NRI (B) Joint holders (C) Minor (D) Both (A) and (B) (E) All of the above (Ans : C)
13. The Global Competitiveness Report 2013 - 2014, brought out by the World Economic Forum, uses ........ pillars to assess the competitivenss of nations.
(A) 5 pillars (B) 8 pillars (C) 10 pillars (D) 12 pillars (E) 15 pillars (Ans : D)
14. What is the full form of SIDBl?
(A) Small Industries Development Bank of India (B) Service Infrastructure Developmental Bank of India
(C) Small Scale Industrial Development Bank of India (D) Securities and Investment Derivatives Bank of India
(E) Steel Industries Developmental Bank of India (Ans : C)
15. With which institution is the Trans Union Score associated ?
(A) Educational Institutions (B) Credit Institutions (C) Legal Institutions
(D) Forex Institutions (E) None of these (Ans : B)
16. An individual visiting UAE will have to make his/her payments in which of the following currencies ?
(A) Dirham (B) Taka (C) Baht (D) Peso (E) Dinar (Ans : A)
17. ‘Irani Trophy’ is associated with which of the following games ?
(A) Badminton (B) Golf (C) Cricket (D) Football (E) Hockey (Ans : C)
18. Which of the following awards is given for the excellence in the field of literature in India ?
(A) Arjun Award (B) Bharatiya Jnanapith Award (C) Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award
(D) Dronacharya Award (E) Tansen Sanman (Ans : B)
19. The World Population Day is observed on–
(A) 10th July (B) 11th July (C) 10th August (D) 11th August (E) 15th September (Ans : B)
20. An Indian citizen can open a Savings Account in which of the following ?
(A) SIDBI (B) RBI (C) NABARD (D) A Private Sector Bank (E) None of these (Ans : D)
21. Who amongst the following can never be a winner of the Nobel Prize?
(A) An Author (B) A Medical Doctor (C) An Economist
(D) A Physicist (E) A world famous Musician (Ans : E)
22. Which of the following is not the name of an irrigation system prevalent in India?
(A) Sprinkler system (B) Silage system (C) Drip system
(D) Furrow system (E) Canal system (Ans : B)
23. Which of the following cups/trophies is associated with the game of Lawn Tennis?
(A) Bombay Gold Cup (B) Davis Cup (C) Ranji Trophy
(D) Vizzy Trophy (E) Nehru Trophy (Ans : B)
24. Which of the following books is written by Sunil Gavaskar?
(A) By God’s Decree (B) Freedom from Fear (C) Sunny Days
(D) Story of My Life (E) None of these (Ans : C)
25. Who amongst the following is NOT a famous writer ?
(A) Sania Mirza (B) V.S Naipaul (C) Chetan Bhagat
(D) Khushwant Singh (E) Namita Gokhale (Ans : A)