1. Who, at present, is the Attorney General of India?
(A) Mukul Rohatgi (B) Goolam Essaji Vahanvati (C) Avinash Sharma
(D) Nripendra Kaushal (E) Ajit Doval (Ans : A)
2. In the budget session of Parliament on 9th July, 2014. Union Finance Ministry disclosed that India's foreign exchange reserves at end March 2014 was–
(A) US$ 180.5 billion (B) US$ 225.6 billion (C) US$ 273.4 billion
(D) US$ 304.2 billion (E) US$ 350.8 billion (Ans : D)
3. Who is the youngest climber of Mt. Everest from India?
(A) Malavath Purna (B) Asha Negi (C) Suman Pokhriyal
(D) Manya Tripathi (E) Mrinalini Iyer (Ans : A)
4. Which of the following companies is not a PSU of India?
(A) BHEL (B) IOL (C) Air India (D) ICICI Bank (E) AAI (Ans : D)
5. Which among the following is the most expensive city in the world?
(A) Delhi (B) NewYork (C) Tokyo (D) Singapore (E) Geneva (Ans : D)
6. Which of the following decides cost of production?
(A) Land (B) Labor (C) Capital (D) Taxation (E) All of the above (Ans : E)
7. Which of the following bodies is responsible for maintaining the Cash Reserve Ratio ?
(A) All Scheduled Commercial Banks (B) All Private Banks (C) Regional Rural Banks
(D) Non Banking Financial Companies (E) All of the above (Ans : A)
8. Who was recently appointed the Secretary General of Interpol?
(A) Juergen Stock (B) Ranjit Sinha (C) Ronald K Noble
(D) Ashley King (E) Alan Bersin (Ans : C)
9. Which State has highest number of Ministers in the Modi Cabinet?
(A) Karnataka (B) Uttar Pradesh (C) Gujarat
(D) Madhya Pradesh (E) Maharashtra (Ans : B)
10. FDI in private banking sector of India is allowed up to–
(A) 33% (B) 49% (C) 51% (D) 74% (E) 90% (Ans : D)
11. The Reserve Bank of India recently delayed launch of ` 10 plastic currency notes in five cities selected for their geographical and climatic diversity. Which of the following is among those cities ?
(A) Shimla (B) Panaji (C) Shillong (D) Surat (E) Jaipur (Ans : A)
12. How many women candidates won the recently held 2014 Lok Sabha elections ?
(A) 38 (B) 49 (C) 56 (D) 61 (E) 73 (Ans : D)
13. In which state is Sunderbans situated?
(A) Odisha (B) West Bengal (C) Jharkhand (D) Assam (E) Uttarakhand (Ans : B)
14. Which of the following is not controlled by the Securities and Exchange Board of India?
(A) Market Intermediaries (B) Investors (C) Ponzi Schemes
(D) Derivatives (E) Insurance (Ans : E)
15. In case of dishonour of cheque for insufficiency of funds in the account, a court can punish a person for ............ imprisonment or with fine, if the cheque issued by drawer returned by the bank unpaid.
(A) 3 months (B) 6 months (C) 1 year (D) 2 years (E) 3 years (Ans : D)
16. What does the letter ‘S’ stands for in BRICS?
(A) Sustainable (B) Sweden (C) Service
(D) South Africa (E) Sales (Ans : D)
17. As per the National Food Security Act, how much wheat or rice, the people below poverty line, will get every month @ ` 3 per kg ?
(A) 10 kg (B) 15 kg (C) 20 kg (D) 25 kg (E) None of these (Ans : D)
18. As we all know, emission of certain gases is responsible for the level of Global Warming. Which of the following gases makes maximum contribution in the same ?
(A) Ammonia (B) Oxygen (C) Carbon Dioxide (D) Nitrogen (E) None of these (Ans : B)
19. Twang I and Twang II, two big hydropower projects are being developed in the state of –
(A) Assam (B) Meghalaya (C) West Bengal (D) Tripura (E) Arunachal Pradesh (Ans : E)
20. India has an agreement with USA for producing energy in the form of–
(A) Hydraulic (A) Thermal (C) Nuclear
(D) Solar (E) All of these forms (Ans : C)
21. Cashe nut is not produced as a major product in which of the following states?
(A) Maharashtra (B) Goa (C) Uttar Pradesh (D) Odisha (E) Andhra Pradesh (Ans : C)
22. Which of the following awards is not given by the Government of India?
(A) Bharat Ratna (B) Padma Vibhushan (C) Ashok Chakra
(D) Kalinga Prize (E) All are given by the Government of India (Ans : D)
23. Which of the following is not a banking related term?
(A) Discount (B) Credit (C) Reynolds Number
(D) Post Dated Cheque (E) Time Deposit (Ans : C)
24. Who amongst the following was a famous author and director?
(A) C.V. Raman (B) Vijay Tendulkar (C) Bidhanchandra Roy
(D) Bismillah Khan (E) Vilayat Khan (Ans : B)
25. ‘Peepli Live’ is a film directed by–
(A) Anusha Rizvi (B) Aamir Khan (C) Kiran Rao
(D) David Dhawan (E) None of these (Ans : A)