We are giving 50 questions with answers of General Awareness, Marketing and Computer Knowledge asked in SBI Probationary Officer exam of 2014 (Held on 29 June, 2014). These all questions will very helpful to you for the upcoming SBI Probationary Officer Exams.
1. A 'Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account' facility is available–
(1) to all individuals irrespective of their background (2) all individuals from below poverty line families only
(3) only to individuals from the SC/ST only (4) only to individuals from the minority communities only
(5) only to individuals from weaker sections of the society (Ans : 1)
2. Which of the following is an example of an input device?
(1) Monitor (2) Scanner (3) Printer (4) CD (5) Speaker (Ans : 2)
3. The Reserve Bank of India has been critical of home loan products with comparatively low interest rates in the initial years but higher in the subsequent years which are popularly known as the–
(1) Teaser Rates (2) Cheater Rates (3) Twister Rates (4) Cheaper Rates (5) Trickster Rates (Ans : 1)
4. Relationship marketing is also known as–
(1) Loyalty marketing (2) Experiential marketing (3) Value marketing
(4) Promotional marketing (5) Brand marketing (Ans : 1)
See Also : SBI PO Previous Year Solved Paper 2014, 2013
5. PCs are considered fourth generation and contain–
(1) information (2) data (3) vacuum tubes (4) microprocessors (5) transistors (Ans : 4)
6. Which of the following is NOT an aggressiveness strategy?
(1) All the given options are aggressiveness strategies (2) Building (3) Harvesting (4) Holding (5) intensification (Ans : 5)
7. Which of the following nations is NOT a member of SAARC?
(1) Nepal (2) Mauritius (3) Bhutan (4) Afghanistan (5) Maldives (Ans : 2)
8. Market price is also known as–
(1) List price (2) Value price (3) Effective price (4) Retail price (5) Wholesaler price (Ans : 1)
9. The phenomenon, when a customer dislikes a product and talks against the product.
(1) Misinformation (2) Unfavorable environment (3) Propaganda (4) Bad impression (5) Bad mouth (Ans : 5)
10. The RBI policy rate which is purely an indicative rate used by the Reserve Bank of India to signal long-term outlook on interest rates is–
(1) Bank Rate (2) Repo-Rate (3) Call Money Rate (4) Notice Money Rate (5) Reserve Repo Rate (Ans : 1)
11. The amount specified as the Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) is held in cash and cash equivalents and is stored in bank vaults or parked with–
(1) Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) (2) Government of India (GOI)
(3) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) (4) State Bank of India (SBI)
(5) Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) (Ans : 3)
12. As consumer banking frauds are on the rise, a Reserve Bank of India (RBI) group has suggested the use of PKI in order to payment system in the country. The abbreviation 'PKI' stands for–
(1) Public Key Infrastructure (2) Personal Key Infrastructure (3) Private Key Infrastructure
(4) Permanent Key Infrastructure (5) Proprietary Key Infrastructure (Ans : 1)
13. The Reserve Bank of India recently issued guidelines allowing minors over 10 years of age to operate bank accounts independently with a view to–
(1) Promote Financial Inclusion (2) Increase low cost deposits of banks (3) Improve CASA percentage of banks
(4) Mobilise Savings Bank Deposits of banks (5) To put ATMs and other infrastructure to optimum use (Ans : 1)
14. Java is referred to as a(n)–
(1) high-level language (2) complex language (3) hardware device driver
(4) low-level language (5) Programming mid-level language (Ans : 1)
15. 'Kepler-78b' is the name of–
(1) an American nuclear missile (2) a Russian armored vehicle (3) a precision measuring instrument
(4) A Spanish Sea Vessel (5) an earth-sized planet for beyond our Solar System (Ans : 5)
16. The Depositor Education and Awareness Fund (DEAF) has been set up with–
(1) Public Sector Banks (2) Indian Banks Association (3) State Bank of India
(4) Reserve Bank of India (5) Government of India (Ans : 1)
17. The operating system is the most common type of ………. software.
(1) application (2) antivirus (3) communication (4) system (5) word-processing software (Ans : 4)
18. Hindustan Motors, India's oldest car maker, recently shut down its factory at Uttarpara in West Bengal and suspended the production of the iconic–
(1) Utility Vehicle Pushpak (2) Ambassador Car (3) Bedford Truck (4) Contessa Car (5) Morris Oxford Car (Ans : 2)
19. In Trade Finance, a financial transaction involving the purchase of receivables from exporters by a third party who takes all the risks associated with the receivables is known as–
(1) Forfaiting (2) Securitisation (3) Negotiation (4) Factoring (5) Assignment (Ans : 1)
20. Which is not a storage device?
(1) A floppy disk (2) A printer (3) A DVD (4) A Hard disk (5) A CD (Ans : 2)
21. ………. is a written description of a computer programme functions.
(1) Explanatory instructions (2) Graphical user interface (3) Plug and Play
(4) README Files (5) Documentation (Ans : 4)
22. The term 'pre-shipment' finance relates to–
(1) Export Credit (2) Farm Credit (3) Consumer Credit (4) Investment Credit (5) Industrial Credit (Ans : 1)
23. The government of India has undertaken a programme of recapitalisation of Public Sector Banks to help them enhance business growth and me.
(1) Capital Adequacy Norms (2) Ratio of Non Performing Assets (3) Per Employee Business Ratio
(4) CASA Ratio (5) Credit to Deposit Ratio (Ans : 1)
24. Which of the following keys is used to delete characters to the left of the cursor?
(1) Alt + Delete (2) Shift (3) Esc (4) Delete (5) Backspace (Ans : 5)
25. Senior Supreme Court advocate. Mr. Mukul Rohatgi has recently been appointed as the new–
(1) Principal Secretary to the PM (2) Director of Public Prosecutions (3) Advocate General of India
(4) Solicitor General of India (5) Attorney General of India (Ans : 5)
26. Products that are usually purchased due to adversity and high promotional back up rather than desire are called–
(1) Regular goods (2) Unsought goods (3) Preferred goods (4) Sought goods (5) Unique goods (Ans : 2)
27. The amount of memory (RAM or ROM) is measured in–
(1) Bites (2) Bits (3) Mega Bytes (4) Mega Bits (5) Hertz (Ans : 4)
28. Who amongst the following has recently has been sworn in as the first female judge at Pakistan's National Sharia court, which hears cases under the Islamic legislation?
(1) Ashraf Jilani (2) Ashraf Jabbar (3) Ashraf Jana (4) Ashraf Jahangir (5) Ashraf Jehan (Ans : 5)
29. The Canadian government has announced the suspension of funding to the Commonwealth Secretariat for two years over the issue of human. rights abuse by–
(1) United Kingdom (2) New Zealand (3) South Africa (4) Australia (5) Sri Lanka (Ans : 5)
30. Nobel laureate and recipient of the US Presidential Medal and also the US Congressional medal Mr. Muhammad Yunus is well-known for his contribution to Bangladesh's–
(1) Consumer Credit Sector (2) Agro Credit Sector (3) Housing Finance Sector
(4) Micro-Credit Sector (5) Retail Credit Sector (Ans : 4)
31. Which of the following is NOT a technique of measuring customer satisfaction and monitoring customer's complaint ?
(1) Exit interviews (2) Web information hotlines (3) Bus. ness analysis
(4) Customer complaint database (5) Telephone information hotlines (Ans : 3)
32. Who amongst the following has been named as the goodwill ambassador for the 35th National Games to be held in Kerala in early 2015 ?
(1) S, Sreesanth (2) Sachin Tendulkar (3) Mary Kom (4) P. T, Usha (5) Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Ans : 2)
33. The official football of the Brazil 2014 FIFA world cup is names as 'Brazuca', which names–
(1) The spirit of sportsmanship (2) The spirit of the game is in typing (3) The Brazilian way of life
(4) May the best team win (5) We play to win (Ans : 3)
34. Underpriced products sell very well, but they produce less revenue than they would have if prices were raised to the–
(1) variable level (2) demand curve level (3) price-floor level (4) perceived value level (5) value-based level (Ans : 4)
35. A customer requirement about any product in which he/she needs to avail core features in that product, is called?
(1) Real need (2) No need (3) Stated need (4) Unstated need (5) Delighted need (Ans : 3)
36. Which of the following is a mode for creating charge on Life Insurance Policies?
(1) Pledge (2) Lien (3) Assignment (4) Hypothecation (5) Equitable Mortgage (Ans : 3)
37. Banking generally does not allow opening of accounts in the name of–
(1) Executors and Trustees (2) Persons of unsound mind (3) Literate persons
(4) Pardanashin ladies (5) Visually Impaired Persons (Ans : 1)
38. The hard drive is normally located.
(1) next to the printer (2) plugged into the back of computer (3) underneath the monitor
(4) on top of the CD-ROM (5) Inside the system base unit (Ans : 5)
39. The winner of the 51st Femina Miss India 2014 pageant is–
(1) Jhatalekha Malhotra (2) Navneet Kaur Dhillon (3) Koyal Rana (4) Gail Nicole Da Silva (5) Megan Young (Ans : 3)
40. Virtual memory allocates hard disk space to supplement the immediate, function memory capacity of what ?
(1) ROM (2) EPROM (3) The registers (4) Extended memory (5) RAM (Ans : 5)
41. 3/10 net 30 is an example of which of the following?
(1) Cash discount (2) Quantity discount (3) Seasonal discount (4) Bulk discount (5) Trade discount (Ans : 1)
42. Which of the following refers to restarting the system when it is already powered on ?
(1) A strong boot (2) Hibernation (3) A cold boot (4) Standby mode (5) A warm boot (Ans : 5)
43. ………. is having more memory addresses than are physically available.
(1) Virtual Memory (2) System software (3) Application software (4) RAM (5) Vertical Memory (Ans : 1)
44. Which of the following refers to dangerous programs' that can be 'caught' by opening e-mail attachments and downloading software from the Internet?
(1) utility (2) virus (3) honeypot (4) spam (5) app (Ans : 2)
45. Commercial Paper (CP) is an unsecured money market instrument issued in the form of a promissory note. Commercial Paper can be issued in denominations of–
(1) Rs. 1 lac or multiples there of (2) Rs. 2 lac or multiples there of (3) Rs. 3 lac or multiples there of
(4) Rs. 5 lac or multiples there of (5) Rs. 10 lac or multiples there of (Ans : 4)
46. A company is providing warehousing facility to its channel members. The company is using which of the following?
(1) Seasonal discount (2) Cash discount (3) Quantity discount (4) Trade discount (5) Quality discount (Ans : 4)
47. Aggressive pricing is associated with which of the following stage of product life cycle?
(1) Not Associated (2) Introduction (3) Growth (4) Maturity (5) Decline (Ans : 3)
48. The United Nations (U.N.) and the International Olympic Committee (IOC) have recently signed a historic agree (IOC) have recently signed a historic agreement to use the power of sports to promote–
(1) Literacy and Awareness (2) Peace and economic development (3) World amity and friendship
(4) Peaceful use of nuclear technology (5) World trade and commerce (Ans : 2)
49. Which of the following is NOT an objective of discounts?
(1) All the given options are objectives of discounts (2) Reward competitors (3) Reward valuable customers
(4) Move out-of-date stock (5) Increase short-term sales (Ans : 2)
50. The abbreviation ASBA stands for–
(1) Applications Supported by Blocked Account (2) Applications Supported by Bank Account
(3) Applications Sustained by Blocked Amount (4) Applications Serviced by Blocked Account
(5) Applications Supported by Blocked Amount (Ans : 5)