SBI Associates Bank Probationary Officers Exam of the year 2014 held on dated 28 December, 2015. We are giving 50 questions of General Awareness, Marketing and Computer Knowledge of this exam with answers.
General Awareness, Marketing and Computer Knowledge Questions
1. Pathways that support communication among the various electronic components on the system board are called–
(a) Network lines (b) Processors (c) Logic paths (d) Bus lines (e) Gateway (Ans : d)
2. The abbreviation 'CD' stands for–
(a) Commercial Demand (b) Certificate of Deposit (c) Cash Deposit
(d) Commercial Documentation (e) Commercial Deposit (Ans : b)
3. India recently won re-election to UN Human Rights council for 2015-2017 along with which three other countries of Asia-Pacific Group?
(a) Bangladesh, Qatar and Indonesia (b) Kuwait, Cambodia and Philippines (c) Bangladesh, Bahrain and Thailand
(d) Bangladesh, Thailand and Kuwait (e) Other than those given as options (Ans : a)
See Also : SBI PO Previous Year Solved Paper 2014, 2013
4. What is the present RBI's Bank Rate?
(a) 6. 50% (b) 9% (c) Other than those given as options (d) 7% (e) 8% (Ans : b)
5. Which of the following terms is pot covered under general insurance?
(a) Marine Insurance (b) Fine Insurance (c) Motor Insurance
(d) Health Insurance (e) Life Insurance (Ans : e)
6. Investors buy and sell shares in publicly leaded companies in–
(a) Money Market (b) Forex Market (c) Stock Market
(d) Spot Market (e) Bond Market (Ans : c)
7. Tata Group's "Land Rover Jaguar" will be having its first car manufacturing plant out of Britain, in–
(a) Mauritius (b) Other than those given as options (c) Japan (d) China (e) India (Ans : b)
8. Who is the present CEO of the Microsoft Corporation, an international American Organisation?
(a) Mr. Satya Nadela (b) Other than those given as options (c) Mr. Vishal Sikka (d) Mrs. Indira Nooyi (e) Mr. Bill Gates
(Ans : a)
9. Which of the following Bank is not a Public Sector Bank ?
(a) IDBI Bank (b) State Bank of India (c) Punjab and Sind Bank
(d) HDFC Bank (e) Bharatiya Mahila Bank (Ans : d)
10. Individuals invest in insurance policy for–
(a) Risk Protection only (b) Easy Liquidity (c) Low Returns
(d) Tax Benefit and Risk Protection (e) High Return (Ans : d)
11. Which stage in product the cycle focuses on expanding marketing and creating product awareness?
(a) Introduction Stage (b) Declining Stage (c) Maturity Stage
(d) Expansion Stage (e) Growth Stage (Ans : e)
12. The committee constituted in India to study the pattern of exclusion in India which for the first time gave a working distribution of the term 'Financial Inclusion' was headed by–
(a) Dr. Manmohan Singh (b) Dr. C. Rangarajan (c) Dr. Y. V. Reddy
(d) Shri M. Narasimha (e) Dr. Bimal Jalan (Ans : b)
13. Who among the following is the Director General of Sports Authority of India (SAI) ?
(a) Sandeep Patil (b) Other than those given as options (c) Jyi Thompson
(d) Lalit Modi (e) N. Srinivasan (Ans : d)
14. Which of the following is correct sequence of smallest to largest unit of storage size?
(a) Petabyte, Kilobyte, Megabyte, Gigabyte, Terabyte (b) Kilobyte, Megabyte, Terabyte, Petabyte, Gigabyte
(c) Megabyte, Terabyte, Gigabyte, Kilobyte, Petabyte (d) Kilobyte, Megabyte, Petabyte, Terabyte, Gigabyte
(e) Kilobyte, Megabyte, Gigabyte, Terabyte, Petabyte (Ans : e)
15. Ketan Mehta's Hindi movie 'Rang Rasiya' is based on the life of one India's most celebrated–
(a) Raja Ravi Verma (b) Choreographer Saroj Khan (c) Movie star Sanjay Dutt
(d) Painter Maqbool Fida Hussain (e) Dancer Uday Shankar (Ans : a)
16. When consumers may share a strong need that cannot be satisfied by an. existing product, it is known as–
(a) Non-Existing Demand (b) Latent Demand (c) Irregular Demand
(d) Declining Demand (e) Negative Demand (Ans : b)
17. As per RBI guidelines the maximum amount of penalty that Public Sector Banks can levy for non-maintenance of minimum balance in inoperative accounts of customers is–
(a) Rs. 500 per year (b) Rs. 100 per half year (c) Not to levy any penalty
(d) Rs. 100 per quarter (e) Rs. 20 per month (Ans : c)
18. In computer terminology 'CAD' stands for–
(a) Computer Applied Design (b) Computer Algorithm and Design (c) Computer Application Design
(d) Computer Aided Design (e) Other than those given as options (Ans : d)
19. As per the guidelines issued by the Reserve Bank of India Banks classify as Non-Performing (NPA) only if the interest due and during any quarter is not serviced fully within–
(a) 90 days from the end of the quarter (b) 60 days from the end of the quarter
(c) 60 days from the beginning of the quarter (d) 30 days from the end of the quarter
(e) 30 days from the beginning of the quarter (Ans : a)
20. MS-DOS is a………. operating system.
(a) User Friendly Graphical (b) Graphical User Interface (c) Real Time GUI
(d) Point and Check (e) Command Line 'Interface (Ans : e)
21. Those entities whose failure can threaten the survival of other institutions which in turn can possibly lead to a financial crisis are known as–
(a) Systemically Meaningful Financial Institutions (b) Systemically Financial Important Institutions
(c) Systemically Volatile Financial Institutions (d) Systemically Capricious Financial Institutions
(e) Systemically Toxic Financial Institutions (Ans : b)
22. ………. is a tax saving mutual fund.
(a) ELSS (b) Balanced fund (c) Debt Fund (d) Oil Fund (e) Gold Fund (Ans : a)
23. ………. is central to any definition of marketing.
(a) Advertising (b) Making Profit (c) Transactions (d) Customer Relationship (e) Demand Management (Ans : d)
24. The term CRM used in business strategy development means–
(a) Channel Root Market (b) Customer Retention Manager (c) Credit Relationship Manager
(d) Customer Relationship Management (e) Customer's Relative Meet (Ans : d)
25. The Insurance regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) is a–
(a) Statutory Body (b) Constitutional Body (c) Non-Government Organisation
(d) Advisory Body (e) Consultative Body (Ans : a)
26. Shares of a close ended fund are trading at 5% premium over NAV. If NAV is Rs. 20,000 per share the market price of the share is–
(a) Rs. 20.50/- (b) Rs. 21.00/- (c) Rs. 18.00/- (d) Rs. 22.00/- (e) Rs. 19. 00/- (Ans : e)
27. Which of the following is a process of dividing the potential market into sub-markets with common needs?
(a) Arrangements (b) Positioning (c) Seeing (d) Target Marketing (e) Segmentation (Ans : e)
28. ………. is a social device for eliminating or reducing the loss of society from certain risk.
(a) Contract (b) Premium (c) Discount (d) Bond (e) Insurance (Ans : e)
29. Which of the following financial markets facilitates issue of new securities?
(a) Secondary Market (b) Spot Market (c) Derivative Market
(d) Forex Market (e) Primary Market (Ans : e)
30. You will find baseline, head line and sub head line in–
(a) Radio ad (b) Online ad (c) Verbal ad (d) Print ad (e) Other than those given as options (Ans : d)
31. In a work sheet in MS Excel what is the shortcut key to hide entire row?
(a) Ctrl + 2 (b) Ctrl + 9 (c) Ctrl +N (d) Ctrl + – (e) Ctrl +R (Ans : b)
32. The third generation computers were made with–
(a) Bio Chips (b) Transistors (c) Integrated Circuits (d) Vacuum Tubes (e) Discrete Components (Ans : c)
33. Which of the following is a symbol or a design or a combination that identifies the maker of a product or service?
(a) Company Name (b) Brand (c) Sponsorship (d) Advertisement (e) Product Features (Ans : b)
34. To undo the last work, we have to' use which of the following windows shortcut key?
(a) Ctrl + P (b) Ctrl + U (c) Ctrl + A (d) Ctrl + Z (e) Ctrl + W (Ans : d)
35. A ………. is approximately a million bytes.
(a) gigabyte (b) kilobyte (c) megabyte (d) terabyte (e) None of these (Ans : c)
36. 'DOS' floppy disk does not have–
(a) a boot record (b) a file allocation table (c) a root directory
(d) a virtual memory (e) All of these (Ans : d)
37. Who is the Grand Old Man of India ?
(a) Rajendra Prasad (b) Bal Gangadhar Tilak (c) Dada Bhai Naroji
(d) Lala Lajpat Rai (e) Mahatma Gandhi (Ans : c)
38. Tehri Dam is located in–
(a) Orrisa (b) Punjab (c) Uttarakhand (d) Jammu and Kashmir (e) Himachal Pradesh (Ans : c)
39. Shortcut key to go to last line in the document is :
(a) Ctrl + last (b) Ctrl + L (c) Ctrl + end (d) Alt + End (e) Alt + L (Ans : c)
40. Which of the following is not a computer language?
(a) BASIC (b) COBOL (c) LOTUS (d) FORTRAN (e) None of these (Ans : c)
41. Innovation in marketing is same as–
(a) Motivation (b) Inspiration (c) Aspiration (d) Creativity (e) Team Work (Ans : d)
42. The main target group for SIP schemes are–
(a) All HNIs (b) All NRIs (c) All salaried persons (d) All agriculturists (e) All students (Ans : c)
43. Which Cup/Trophy is associated with the game of Hockey?
(a) Dhyanchand Trophy (b) Davis Cup (c) Merdeka Cup
(d) Wimbledon Trophy (e) Santosh Trophy (Ans : a)
44. Niche marketing can be done for–
(a) Readymade garments (b) Ballpoint pens (c) Diamond jewellery
(d) Golf clubs (e) None of these (Ans : a)
45. The key to competitive advantage is ………. differentiation.
(a) Position (b) Product (c) Conformance (d) Customer Consulting (e) None of these (Ans : b)
46. Service Marketing is–
(a) Transaction marketing (b) Internal marketing (c) Outdoor marketing
(d) Relationship marketing (e) Only (a) and (b) (Ans : d)
47. Market segmentation is useful for–
(a) Targeting existing clients (b) Identifying prospects (c) Preferencial marketing
(d) Internal marketing (e) All of these (Ans : b)
48. The term Banking is defined in which act–
(a) Central Government (b) Central and State Government jointly (c) Ministry of finance
(d) By all the commercial banks jointly (e) None of these (Ans : a)
49. Name the fourth layer of OSI model–
(a) application layer (b) data link layer (c) transport layer (d) session layer (e) None of these (Ans : c)
50. Marketing is influenced by–
(a) Public taste (b) Buyer behaviour (c) Product demand (d) Brand image (e) All of these (Ans : e)