1. Every computer connected to an intranet or extranet must have a distinct–
(a) Firewall (b) Brand name (c) Proxy server (d) Domain name (e) IP address (Ans : e)
2. To 'Debug' the system means–
(a) Find the correct hardware (b) Find. and install correct system (c) Find and correct errors in system
(d) To install the operating system (e) Find correct software (Ans : c)
3. Which one of the following is NOT a computer programming language?
(a) C++ (b) COBOL (c) BASIC (d) Java (e) MS-Excel (Ans : e)
See Also : NABARD English Language Questions
4. The IC chip, used in computers, is made of–
(a) Copper (b) Chromium (c) Iron Oxide (d) Silicon (e) Silica (Ans : d)
5. ………. refers to the unauthorised copying and distribution of software.
(a) Plagiarism (b) Software piracy (c) Cracking (d) Hacking (e) Software literacy (Ans : b)
6. A ……….program provides access to Web resources.
(a) Browser (b) ISP (c) URL (d) Web (e) Inker (Ans : a)
7. In computer system: scanner is ………. device.
(a) Keyboard type (b) External memory device (c) Input (d) Printer type (e) Output (Ans : c)
8. Which of the following is not a networking device?
(a) Linux (b) Firewalls (c) Routers (d) Gateways (e) Switches (Ans : a)
9. Devices, such as monitors and printers, that are connected to the computer are called–
(a) Peripheral Devices (b) Input Devices (c) System Devices (d) Attachment Devices (e) Processing Devices (Ans : a)
10. To save an existing file with a new name or to a new location, the user should use………. command.
(a) New file (b) save as (c) copy (d) save and replace (e) save (Ans : b)
11. In binary language each letter of the alphabet, and each special character are made up of a unique combination of–
(a) Eight characters (b) Eight bytes (c) Eight Kilobytes (d) Two kilobytes (e) Eight bits (Ans : e)
12. A beam of light used to record and retrieve data on optical disk is known as–
(a) Polarised light (b) Coloured light (c) Unpolarised Concentric Light (d) Laser (e) Electric light (Ans : d)
13. The brain of any computer system is–
(a) ALU (b) CPU (c) Keyboard (d) Monitor (e) Control unit (Ans : b)
14. A file name my document .docx would have been created in–
(a) MS Word (b) MS Outlook (c) MS Excel (d) Word Perfect (e) MS PowerPoint (Ans : a)
15. What is the meaning of bandwidth in network?
(a) Network architecture (b) Width of the transmission cable (c) Connected computers, in network
(d) Class of IP used in network (e) Transmission capacity of a communication (Ans : e)
16. The largest unit of storage in the following is–
(a) Byte (b) Kilobyte (c) Terabyte (d) Gigabyte (e) Megabyte (Ans : c)
17. What is a firewall in computer network?
(a) The physical boundary of network (b) A web browsing software (c) An operating system of computer network
(d) A system designed to (e) Increase the bandwidth (Ans : a)
18. Which of the following is not an input device?
(a) Touchpad (b) Key board (c) Light pen (d) Mouse (e) VDU (Ans : e)
19. Which operation you will perform if you need to move a block of text?
(a) Paste and Delete (b) Paste and Cut (c) Cut and Copy (d) Copy and Paste (e) Cut and Paste (Ans : e)
20. The term CRM means–
(a) Customer Recognition Management (b) Customers Relative Meet (c) Customer Relationship Management
(d) Channel Root Market (e) Customer Retention Manager (Ans : c)
21. The main component of a typical desktop computer is the………., which houses the processor, memory, some storage devices, and display and sound circuitry.
(a) system unit (b) platform (c) form factor (d) kiosk (e) resident unit (Ans : a)
22. Which among the following is the odd one–
(a) Trojan horse (b) Spyware (c) Virus (d) Firmware (e) Malware (Ans : c)
23. Which one of the following would not be considered as a form of secondary storage?
(a) Hard disk (b) Floppy disk (c) Flash drive (d) Optical disk (e) RAM (Ans : e)
24. ASCII stands for–
(a) American Security Code for Information Interchange (b) American Scientific Code for Information Interchange
(c) All purpose Security Code for Interpreting Information (d) American Standard Code for Information Interchange
(e) All purpose Scientific Code for Information Interchange (Ans : d)
25. The operating system is the most common type………. of software.
(a) Word-processing (b) Communication (c) System (d) Web (e) Application (Ans : c)
26. The digital telecommunications term ISDN is an abbreviation for–
(a) Internet Services Data Network (b) Integrated Standard Digital Networks (c) Integrated Services Digital Network
(d) Interactive Standard Dynamic Networks (e) International Services Digital Network (Ans : c)
27. Connection to other documents or to other locations within a Web site are–
(a) filters (b) hyperlinks (c) hyper connects (d) bots (e) plug-ins (Ans : b)
28. Which output device is used for translating information from a computer into pictorial form on paper?
(a) scanner (b) touch panel (c) mouse (d) monitor (e) plotter (Ans : e)
29. To make number pad on the computer keyboard act as directional arrows you press the………. key"
(a) Num lock (b) Shift (c) Ctrl (d) Arrow lock (e) Caps lock (Ans : a)
30. Which one of the following is OS software?
(a) Excel 2000 (b) Windows 2000 (c) Access 2000 (d) Publisher 2000 (e) Word 2000 (Ans : a)