Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission (JSSC)
Assistant Competitive (Pre.) Exam Solved Paper 2015
(Exam Held on 28 June, 2015)
(Exam Held on 28 June, 2015)
( See Previous Question No. 1 to 60 )
61. Deficit financing means that the government borrows money from–
(A) RBI (B) local bodies (C) big businessmen (D) IMF (Ans : A)
62. A method used to transfer data between mobile devices over short distances without the use of cables is known as–
(A) Location services (B) Mobile data (C) Bluetooth (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
63. What is the greatest two-digit number that gives the remainder 5 when divided by 2, 3 or 4?
(A) 69 (B) 77 (C) 89 (D) 97 (Ans : C)
64. On the occasion of the birth centenary of………., the Prime Minister released a commemorative coin.
(A) Swami Vivekananda (B) Ramakrishan Paramahansa
(C) Swami Chinmayananda (D) Raja Ram Mohan Roy (Ans : C)
65. Choose the missing letters from the given alternatives.
AZ, GT, MN, ?, YB
(A) KF (B) RX (C) SH (D) TS (Ans : C)
66. Wood is the main raw material used in the manufacture of–
(A) paint (B) paper (C) ink (D) gun powder (Ans : B)
67. Google Chrome is an example of which type of software?
(A) Word Processing (B) Spreadsheet (C) Video Editor (D) Web Browser (Ans : D)
68. Which of the following is the correct expansion of CPU?
(A) Control Peripheral Unit (B) Central Peripheral Unit
(C) Central Processing Unit (D) Control Processing Unit (Ans : C)
69. Find the odd one out.
(A) Gold (B) Copper (C) Iron (D) Wood (Ans : D)
70. Find the missing number.
71. Which of the following cannot be used to access the internet?
(A) Google Chrome (B) Internet Explorer (C) Mozilla Firefox (D) Adobe Reader (Ans : D)
72. The 'Valley of flowers' is in the State of–
(A) Uttarakhand (B) Uttar Pradesh (C) Uttaranchal (D) Himachal Pradesh (Ans : A)
73. Which of the following is not a programming language?
(A) J# (B) J++ (C) C+ (D) c++ (Ans : C)
74. What are the individual black dots which make up the picture in a monitor called?
(A) Pixies (B) Coloured spots (C) Pixels (D) None of these (Ans : C)
75. Pandit Ravi Shankar is an exponent of–
(A) Tabla (B) Sarod (C) Vichitra Veena (D) Sitar (Ans : D)
76. A can do a piece of work in 60 days and B alone can do it in 50 days. A works for 12 days and leaves. How long will B take to complete the remaining work?
(A) 35 (B) 40 (C) 30 (D) 25 (Ans : B)
77. A goat is tied to one corner of a square plot of side 30 m by a rope 14 m long. Find the area it. can graze.
(A) 176 sq m (B) 154 sq m (C) 308 sq m (D) 44 sq m (Ans : B)
78. The average monthly income of A and B is Rs. 1500. The average monthly income of Band C is Rs. 2500 and the average monthly income of A and Rs. 3000. What is the monthly income of A?
(A) Rs. 2000 (B) Rs. 2500 (C) Rs. 2250 (D) Rs. 1800 (Ans : A)
79. Which of the following is the correct expansion of WAN?
(A) Wired Area Network (B) Wide Area Network
(C) Wireless Area Network (D) None of the above (Ans : B)
80. Find the missing number.
10, 16, 12, 20, 14, ?
(A) 22 (B) 24 (C) 25 (D) 28 (Ans : B)
81. Ramu travelled 5 km straight towards South. He turned left and travelled 24 km straight, then turned right and travelled 5km straight. How far is he from the starting point?
(A) 26 km (B) 28 km (C) 24 km (D) 10 km (Ans : A)
82. Which is the official language of the State of Karnataka?'
(A) Konkani (B) Tulu (C) Kannada (D) Hindi (Ans : C)
83. Study the following number sequence and answer the question given below–
5 1 4 7 3 9 8 5 7 2 6 3 1 5 8 6 3 8 5 2 2 4 3 4 9 6
How many odd numbers are there in the sequence which are immediately preceded and also immediately followed by an even number?
(A) 1 (B) 2 (C) 3 (D) 4 (Ans : D)
84. In the following series of numbers, find out the missing number–
50, 65, (…), 101, 122
(A) 73 (B) 82 (C) 89 (D) 93 (Ans : B)
85. The keyboard shortcut for opening a file is–
(A) Ctrl + T (B) Ctrl + S (C) Ctrl + F (D) Ctrl + O (Ans : D)
86. Which of the following diagrams indicates the best relation between Solid, Liquid and Gas?
(A) (B) (C) (D) (Ans : B)
87. Which State lies to the East of Jharkhand?
(A) Bihar (B) Chhattisgarh (C) West Bengal (D) Odisha (Ans : C)
88. Photoshop is an example of which type of software?
(A) Photo Editor (B) Internet Browser (C) Operating System (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
89. Which of the following rays are more penetrating?
(A) Beta rays (B) Alpha rays (C) Gamma rays (D) X-rays (Ans : C)
90. Which is the capital of Pakistan?
(A) Karachi (B) Lahore (C) Islamabad (D) Rawalpindi (Ans : C)
91. Study the following statements and answer the question given below–
I. A, B, C, D and E are five boys sitting in a circle.
II. C is sitting immediately to the left of E.
III. A is sitting between D and E.
E is sitting between
(A) B and D (B) D and E (C) B and E (D) A and C (Ans : D)
92. Find the odd one out.
(A) 1 (B) 2 (C) 3 (D) 4 (Ans : A)
93. Find the odd one out.
(A) AZBY (B) CXDW (C) EVFT (D) GTHS (Ans : C)
94. Who is the Governor of Chhattisgarh?
(A) Balramji Das Tandon (B) Mridula Sinha (C) Draupadi Murmu (D) DY Patil (Ans : A)
95. Which letter group does not belong to the others here?
(A) ECA (B) JHF (C) PNK (D) VTR (Ans : C)
96. The main function of DBMS is to–
(A) create programs (B) modify and store pictures
(C) editing videos (D) store and process large volumes of data (Ans : D)
97. How many Schedules are contained in the Constitution of India?
(A) 12 (B) 20 (C) 25 (D) 10 (Ans : A)
98. Find the odd one out.
(A) 6 : 23 (B) 3 : 11 (C) 1 : 3 (D) 5 : 18 (Ans : D)
99. Who did Gandhiji consider as his political guru?
(A) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (B) Rabindranath Tagore
(C) Gopalkrishna Gokhale (D) Bal Gangadhar Tilak (Ans : C)
100. Find out which of the figure (1), (2), (3) and (4) can be formed from the pieces given in figure (X).
(A) 1 (B) 2 (C) 3 (D) 4 (Ans : A)
101. An example of a social networking website is–
(A) Netflix (B) Twitter (C) Flipkart (D) None of these (Ans : B)
102. With which sport is Sania Mirza associated?
(A) Tennis (B) Badminton (C) Hockey (D) Volleyball (Ans : A)
103. Find the next number in the series.
43, 44, 42, 45, 41, 46, ?
(A) 40 (B) 47 (C) 48 (D) 49 (Ans : A)
104. What is the currency of Maldives?
(A) Ruppe (B) Rial (C) Ringgit (D) Rufiyya (Ans : D)
105. which is the highest peace time gallantry award?
(A) Ashok Chakra (B) Param Vir Chakra (C) Vir Chakra (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
106. The average salinity of sea water is–
(A) 3.50% (B) 4% (C) 5% (D) 6% (Ans : A)
107. The first woman ruler of Delhi was–
(A) Noorjahan (B) Razia Begum (C) Rani Ahilya Holkar (D) Jahanara (Ans : B)
108. Mesons are found in–
(A) Laser beam (B) X-rays (C) Gamma rays (D) Cosmic rays (Ans : D)
109. Find the odd one out.
(A) 147 (B) 119 (C) 153 (D) 189 (Ans : B)
110. When you touch your CPU unit, it is very hot. The most probable cause could be–
(A) power supply is fluctuating (B) monitor is odd
(C) speaker is disconnected (D) problem with the heat sink of the processor (Ans : D)
111. Light year is a measurement of
(A) speed of aeroplanes (B) speed of light (C) stellar distances (D) speed of rockets (Ans : C)
112. The keyboard shortcut for selecting the data of an entire document at once is–
(A) Tab + Delete (B) Esc + Shift (C) Ctrl + Z (D) Ctrl + A (Ans : D)
113. A is the husband of B. D is the daughter of A. C is the husband of D. E is the daughter of C. What is the relationship of E to B?
(A) Cousin (B) Niece (C) Daughter (D) Grand-daughter (Ans : D)
114. What does the Roman numeral 'D' stand for?
(A) 10 (B) 100 (C) 500 (D) 1000 (Ans : C)
115. Under which of the following menus will you find the print option in Microsoft Word?
(A) File (B) Insert (C) Edit (D) Format (Ans : A)
116. 'Black' is related to 'white' in the same way as 'roof is related to–
(A) wall (B) pillar (C) terrace (D) floor (Ans : D)
117. Find the missing number.
118. Nuclear fission is caused by the impact of–
(A) neutrons (B) protons (C) deuteron (D) electron (Ans : A)
119. Where is Himachal Pradesh is the paragliding World Cup going to be held in October, 2015?
(A) Kangra Valley (B) Spiti Valley (C) Chambal Valley (D) Kullu Valley (Ans : A)
120. Which of the following is a Database Management System?
(A) Oracle (B) Basic (C) Linux (D) None of these (Ans : A)