Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission (JSSC)
Assistant Competitive (Pre.) Exam Solved Paper 2015
(Exam Held on 28 June, 2015)
(Exam Held on 28 June, 2015)
1. The ratio between speed of two trains is 4 : 5. If the second train runs 600 km in 5 h, what is the I speed of the first train?
(A) 96 km/h (B) 200 km/h (C) 120 km/h (D) 135 km/h (Ans : A)
2. What is the name of the latest browser from Microsoft which will be included in Window 10 PCs and smartphones?
(A) IE 10 (B) Lumia (C) Edge (D) Wave (Ans : C)
3. A father is 30 years older than his son. He was three times as old as his son before 5 years. What is the father's present age?
(A) 50 yr (B) 40 yr (C) 45 yr (D) 60 yr (Ans : A)
4. Which of the following is an online ticket booking portal?
(A) Trip Advisor (B) Make My Trip (C) Zomato (D) None of these (Ans : B)
5. Rohan is taller than Hari who is shorter than Suresh. Mohan is taller than Harish but shorter than Hari. Suresh is shorter than Rohan. Who is the tallest?
(A) Rohan (B) Hari (C) Mohan (D) Suresh (Ans : A)
6. When a gas is turned into a liquid, the process is called–
(A) Condensation (B) Evaporation (C) Deposition (D) Sublimation (Ans : A)
7. Which one of the following is not an antivirus software?
(A) Kaspersky (B) Norton (C) Oracle (D) Bitdefender (Ans : C)
8. In a certain code, 'all the best' is written as 645; 'best of luck' is written as 786; 'the good luck' is written as 589. In this code 'good' would be written as–
(A) 9 (B) 8 (C) 7 (D) 6 (Ans : A)
9. Which State, in May, 2015 set-up a satellite tracking system to check incidents of forest fires during summer season?
(A) Uttarakhand (B) Himachal Pradesh (C) Jammu and Kashmir (D) Chhattisgarh (Ans : B)
10. When can the Speaker exercise his right to vote in the House?
(A) Whenever he desires (B) Whenever the House desire
(C) Only in the event of equality of votes (D) Whenever his party directs (Ans : C)
11. Which of the following is used in thermometers?
(A) Zinc (B) Lead (C) Mercury (D) Tin (Ans : C)
12. Where are Shevaroy hills located?
(A) Andhra Pradesh (B) Karnataka (C) Kerala (D) Tamil Nadu (Ans : D)
13. Which of the following is not a State?
(A) Jammu and Kashmir (B) Goa (C) Chandigarh (D) Sikkim (Ans : C)
14. 'Hospital' is related to 'patients' in the same way as 'school' is related to–
(A) students (B) building (C) playground (D) fees (Ans : A)
15. Find the odd one out.
(B) Crocodile (B) Whale (C) Shark (D) Jelly fish (Ans : A)
16. Microsoft Outlook is used to–
(B) type letters (B) browse the web (C) send e-mail (D) None of these (Ans : C)
17. Find the odd one out.
1, 9, 27, 64, 125
(A) 1 (B) 9 (C) 27 (D) 64 (Ans : B)
18. Which of the following is used as a lubricant?
(A) Graphite (B) Silica (C) Iron oxide (D) Diamond (Ans : A)
19. 2 MB = ?
(B) 2048 KB (B) 2000 KB (C) 512 Bytes (D) 2000 Bytes (Ans : A)
20. Which of the following is the latest Android OS?
(A) Jellybean (B) Gingerbread (C) Kitkat (D) Lollipop (Ans : D)
21. In a certain code, FIRE is written as DGPC. When coded, what will be the last letter of SHIP?
(A) R (B) O (C) N (D) Q (Ans : C)
22. What is the function key combination for closing all the active windows?
(A) Alt + F6 (B) Ctrl + F4 (C) Ctrl + Alt + F4 (D) Delete + F4 (Ans : B)
23. Which of the following categories does a Speaker belong to?
(A) Input devices (B) Output devices (C) Internet devices (D) Spreadsheet processing devices (Ans : B)
24. Who is the Chief Minister of Odisha?
(A) Mamata Banerjee (B) Anandiben Patel (C) JB Patnaik (D) Naveen Patnaik (Ans : D)
25. Yeast, used in making bread, is a–
(A) fungus (B) bacteria (C) plant (D) seed (Ans : A)
26. Which is the capital of Punjab?
(A) Chandigarh (B) Ludhiana (C) Jalandhar (D) Amritsar (Ans : A)
27. Crop sown at the commencement of the monsoon is called–
(A) Rabi crop (B) Cash crop (C) Kharif crop (D) None of these (Ans : C)
28. Which of the following planets has the largest number of natural satellites or Moons?
(A) Jupiter (B) Mars (C) Saturn (D) Venus (Ans : A)
29. Potassium nitrate is used in the production of–
(A) health drinks (B) fertilizer (C) synthetic textiles (D) None of the above (Ans : B)
30. The 'heart' of the computer is–
(A) RAM (B) microprocessor (C) monitor (D) keyboard (Ans : B)
31. Which of the following is not an online shopping portal?
(A) Amazon (B) eBay (C) Mozilla Firefox (D) Snapdeal (Ans : C)
32. In a certain code, BOXER is written as AQWGQ. How is PLUMB written in that code?
(A) ONVOA (B) ONTOA (C) ONOTA (D) ONTOC (Ans : B)
33. Arrange the words in the most logical sequence–
1. Table 2. Tree 3. Wood 4. Seed 5. Plant
(A) 4, 2, 3, 5, 1 (B) 4, 3, 2, 5, 1 (C) 4, 5, 2. 3, 1 (D) 4, 2, 3, 1, 5 (Ans : C)
34. There are nine mango trees in a straight line. The distance between each mango tree is 2.5 m. What is the distance between the first tree and the ninth tree?
(A) 20 m (B) 22 m (C) 22.5 m (D) 18 m (Ans : A)
35. Diamond is an allotropic form of–
(A) germanium (B) carbon (C) silicon (D) sulphur (Ans : B)
36. In a class of 100 students, 60 students passed in Science and 80 passed in Maths, 5 students failed in both Science and Mathematics. How many students passed in both the subjects?
(A) 45 (B) 40 (C) 55 (D) 50 (Ans : A)
37. Which of these is not a team event?
(A) Volleyball (B) Kabbadi (C) Chess (D) Football (Ans : C)
38. Very small time intervals can be accurately measured by–
(A) White dwarfs (B) Quartz clocks (C) Atomic clocks (D) Pulsars (Ans : C)
39. You have 150 GB of data that needs to be backed up. Which one of the following devices is best suitable for this purpose?
(A) 32 GB USB stick (B) 500 GB Portable Hard Disk (C) RW-CD (D) Cloud (Ans : D)
40. What is the key used to access help for a software?
(A) F2 (B) F1 (C) F3 (D) F4 (Ans : B)
41. Which device related to the computer helps record videos and enables video conferencing?
(A) Monitor (B) Keyboard (C) Webcam (D) None of these (Ans : C)
42. Where was the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan officially launched in 2014?
(A) Rajghat (B) Chandni Chowk (C) Shakti Sthal (D) Rashtrapathi Bhavan (Ans : A)
43. Window 8 is a product of–
(A) Apple (B) Intel (C) Microsoft (D) Google (Ans : C)
44. Who was the runner-up in the IPL 2015?
(A) Kolkata Knight Riders (B) Chennai Super Kings (C) Mumbai Indians (D) Royal Challengers (Ans : B)
45. A man walks towards North, turns left and again turns left. In which direction is he facing now?
(A) North (B) East (C) West (D) South (Ans : D)
46. When was Jharkhand formed?
(A) 2008 (B) 1972 (C) 2000 (D) 1992 (Ans : C)
47. A man is facing North-West. He turns 90° in the clockwise direction, then 180° in the anti-clockwise direction and then another 90° in the same direction. Which direction is he facing now?
(A) South (B) South-West (C) West (D) South-East (Ans : D)
48. Galvanised iron sheets have a coating of–
(A) zinc (B) chromium (C) tin (D) lead (Ans : A)
49. Pointing to a woman, Abhishek said, "Her grand-daughter is the only daughter of my brother". How is the woman related to Abhishek?
(A) Grand mother (B) Aunt (C) Sister-in-law (D) Mother (Ans : D)
50. Which of the following reflects back more sunlight?
(A) Sand desert (B) Paddy crop land (C) Land covered with fresh snow (D) Grass lands (Ans : C)
51. Atoms are composed of–
(A) electrons and protons (B) electrons only (C) protons only (D) electrons and nuclei (Ans : D)
52. Who is the author of the book 'Wings of Fire'?
(A) Leo Tolstoy (B) Annie Besant (C) Amrita Pritam (D) APJ Abdul Kalam (Ans : D)
53. Which of the following revolts broke out in 1875 in Jharkhand?
(A) Santhal rebellion (B) Birsa Munda revolt (C) Tilka Manjhi revolt (D) None of the above (Ans : D)
54. Kilowatt is a unit to measure–
(A) work (B) power (C) electricity (D) current (Ans : B)
55. The base-of binary system is–
(A) 2 (B) 8 (C) 10 (D) 16 (Ans : A)
56. Chemical formula of common salt is–
(A) H2O (B) NaCl (C) KCl (D) HCl (Ans : B)
57. The perimeter of a rectangular field is 640 m and the ratio between the length and breadth is 3 : 1. The area of the field is–
(A) 19200 sq m (B) 20000 sq m (C) 18200 sq m (D) 20200 sq m (Ans : A)
58. From where was Chandrayan-1, India's first lunar probe launched?
(A) Thumbs (B) Sriharikota (C) Balasore (D) Wheeler Island (Ans : B)
59. Optic fibres are mainly used for which of the following?
(A) Musical instruments (B) Food industry (C) Weaving (D) Communication (Ans : D)
60. Notes of which denomination has the portrait of Mahatma Gandhi printed on them?
(A) Rs. 1000 (B) Rs. 500 (C) Rs. 100 (D) All of these (Ans : D)