Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) Exam of the year 2015 held on dated 15-03-2015. We are giving 140 questions of GENERAL INTELLIGENCE of this exam with answers. These questions not only develop of your I.Q. but will useful for upcoming government exams also.
1. Cloves are obtained from which of the following parts of the plant?
(a) Dried leaves (b) Dried stems (c) Dried seeds (d) Dried flower buds (Ans : d)
2. Oncogenes are associated with–
(a) tuberculosis (b) hepatitis (c) cancer (d) typhoid (Ans : c)
3. Which is the most reactive metal?
(a) Sodium (b) Calcium (c) Iron (d) Potassium (Ans : d)
4. Who synthesized the DNA in vitro?
(a) Arthur Kornberg (b) Robert Hooke (c) Edward Jenner (d) Joseph Lister (Ans : a)
5. What was the fissionable material used in the bombs dropped at Nagasaki (Japan) in the year 1945?
(a) Sodium (b) Potassium (c) Plutonium (d) Uranium (Ans : c)
6. The scientist who first discovered that the earth revolves round the sun was–
(a) Newton (b) Dalton (c) Copernicus (d) Einstein (Ans : c)
7. Cosmic rays–
(a) are charged particles (b) are uncharged particles
(c) can be charged as well as uncharged (d) None of the above (Ans : c)
8. Which of the following elements is found in all organic compounds?
(a) Carbon (b) Calcium (c) Nitrogen (d) Oxygen (Ans : a)
9. Which of the following can cause cancer as well as cure it depending upon its intensity and use?
(a) Tobacco (b) Alcohol (c) Ionized radiation (d) Ultraviolet rays (Ans : c)
10. The total volume of blood in a normal adult human being is–
(a) 5-6 litres (b) 3-4litres (c) 8-10 litres (d) 10-12 litres (Ans : a)
11. Typhoid and cholera are typical examples of–
(a) infectious diseases (b) airborne diseases
(c) waterborne diseases (d) None of the above (Ans : c)
12. Energy is stored in liver and muscles in the form of–
(a) carbohydrate (b) fat (c) protein (d) glycogen (Ans : d)
13. Who discovered bacteria?
(a) Fleming (b) Lamble (c) Temin (d) Leeuwenhoek (Ans : d)
14. The reason of large-scale diversity among the organisms is–
(a) adaptation (b) cooperation (c) mutation (d) polyploidy (Ans : a)
15. What is vermiculture ?
(a) The science of raising worms (b) The science of studying animals
(c) The science of studying fishes (d) The science of killing worms (Ans : a)
16. The smallest organism, capable of autonomous growth and reproduction, is–
(a) virus (b) bacteria (c) mycoplasma (d) bacteriophage (Ans : c)
17. The first human heart transplant was performed in–
(a) America (b) England (c) South Africa (d) France (Ans : c)
18. The average blood flow through kidneys per minute is–
(a) 1000 cc (b) 1200 cc (c) 200 cc (d) 500 cc (Ans : b)
19. A plant bud is–
(a) an embryonic shoot (b) an embryonic leaf (c) an endosperm (d) a seed (Ans : a)
20. Which of the following gases is used in cigarette lighters?
(a) Butane (b) Methane (c) Propane (d) Radon (Ans : a)
21. The Union Health Minister launched Mental Health Policy on–
(a) 20th October, 2014 (b) 10th October, 2014 (c) 5th October, 2014 (d) 11th July, 2014 (Ans : b)
22. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana on–
(a) 11th October, 2014 (b) 10th November, 2014 (c) 26th August, 2014 (d) 15th August, 2014 (Ans : a)
23. The 11th Metropolis Congress was organized in Hyderabad in–
(a) September 2013 (b) January 2014 (c) October 2014 (d) November 2014 (Ans : c)
24. In which area was the Indo-US military exercise ‘Yudh Abhyas 2014’ held?
(a) Solan (Himachal Pradesh) (b) Gairsen (Uttarakhand)
(c) Ranikhet (Uttarakhand) (d) Poonch (Jammu and Kashmir) (Ans : c)
25. Which of the following groups of political parties could not win a single seat in the 16th Lok Sabha Election?
(a) MNS, BSP, SP, RJD (b) SP, BSP, National Conference, RLD
(c) JD(U), BSP, NCP, RJD (d) DMK, RLD, National Conference, BSP (Ans : d)
26. President Pranab Mukherjee on 7th October, 2014 presented the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award for excellence in Public Administration, Academics and Management for the year 2014 to–
(a) V. Sampath (b) Dr. A. S. Pillai (c) Arvind Mayaram (d) Ajit Dobhal (Ans : b)
27. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the 7th Central Pay Commission constituted by the Government of India in February 2014 ?
(a) Justice B. K. Singh (b) Justice Swatanter Kumar
(c) Justice Ashok Kumar Mathur (d) Justice Mridula Singh (Ans : c)
28. Justice J. S. Verma Committee’s Report, 2013 deals with–
(a) Centre-State relations (b) change in law pertaining to offences against women
(c) the Fundamental Rights (d) rights of children (Ans : b)
29. How many members are elected from Bihar to the Lok Sabha ?
(a) 20 (b) 30 (c) 35 (d) 40 (Ans : d)
30. What is the unique festival of Bihar?
(a) Deepawali (b) Bisu (c) Vinayak Chaturthi (d) Chhath Puja (Ans : d)
31. Who among the following has been awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2014 ?
(a) Kailash Satyarthi (b) Malala Yousafzai (c) Jean Tirole (d) Patrick Modiano (Ans : d)
32. Which among the following European Union countries is the first to officially recognize the State of Palestine?
(a) Sweden (b) Denmark (c) Norway (d) Italy (Ans : a)
33. Which one of the following countries has decided in January 2014 to make military service compulsory for all its adult males?
(a) North Korea (b) UAE (c) Israel (d) Turkey (Ans : b)
34. What is the theme of Global Financial Development Report, 2014?
(a) Hunger and poverty (b) Corruption and fraud in corporate sector
(c) Financial inclusion (d) Global recession and the Third World (Ans : c)
35. Who among the following has/ have figured in ‘Time’ magazine’s list of 25 most influential teens of 2014 ?
(a) Malia and Sasha Obama (b) Kendall and Kylie Jenner
(c) Malala Yousafzai (d) All of them (Ans : d)
36. The Seventh BRICS Summit is proposed to be held in 2015 at–
(a) Durban, South Africa (b) Ufa, Russia (c) New Delhi, India (d) Sanya, China (Ans : b)
37. The International Day of Persons with Disabilities is celebrated on–
(a) 10th December (b) 24th October (c) 19th November (d) 3rd December (Ans : d)
38. Amnesty International is an organization which is associated with–
(a) protection of women’s rights (b) protection of human rights
(c) abolition of untouchability (d) None of the above (Ans : b)
39. In October 2014, India has been reelected for three years as a member to–
(a) the UN Security Council (b) the UN General Assembly
(c) the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) (d) the World Bank (Ans : c)
40. Angola, Malaysia, New Zealand, Spain and Venezuela were elected as non-permanent members on 16th October, 2014 to serve in–
(a) the UN General Assembly (b) the UN Trusteeship Council
(c) the UN Human Rights Commission (d) the UN Security Council (Ans : d)
41. Which one of the following countries won the highest number of Gold Medals at the Winter Olympic Games held in Sochi in February 2014?
(a) Canada (b) Russia (c) Norway (d) USA (Ans : b)
42. Who among the following cricket all-rounders cracked the fastest century in one-day international cricket history in January 2014 ?
(a) Darren Bravo (b) James Faulkner (c) Glenn Maxwell (d) Corey Anderson (Ans : d)
43. Who was the winner of the Champions League T-20, 2014 ?
(a) Kolkata Knight Riders (India) (b) Rajasthan Royals (India)
(c) Sydney Sixers (Australia) (d) Chennai Super Kings (India) (Ans : d)
44. What was India’s position in the 17th Asian Games in 2014 ?
(a) 8th (b) 6th (c) 3rd (d) 4th (Ans : a)
45. Who among the following was the Gold Medal winner in the 17th Asian Games Men’s Freestyle 65 kg Wrestling?
(a) Jittu Rai (b) Sandeep Kumar (c) Rajat Chauhan (d) Yogeshwar Dutt (Ans : d)
46. Which country achieved the fifth position in the 20th Commonwealth Games?
(a) Sri Lanka (b) Nepal (c) England (d) India (Ans : d)
47. Who won her first Grand Slam Australian Open Tennis Competition, 2014 (Women’s Singles) ?
(a) Li Na (b) Dominika Cibulkova (c) Sara Errani (d) None of them (Ans : a)
48. The winner of the SAFF Tournament, 2013 was–
(a) India (b) Maldives (c) Afghanistan (d) Nepal (Ans : c)
49. Which award is given for excellence in sports?
(a) Jamnalal Bajaj Award (b) Arjuna Award (c) Tagore Award (d) Moortidevi Award (Ans : b)
50. ‘Prince of Wales Cup’ is associated with the game of–
(a) Hockey (b) Cricket (c) Football (d) Golf (Ans : d)
51. Who among the following was not associated with the excavation of Harappa and Mohenjo-daro?
(a) R. D. Banerjee (b) K. N. Dikshit (c) M. S. Vats (d) V. A. Smith (Ans : d)
52. Gautama Buddha gave his first sermon at–
(a) Vaishali (b) Kaushambi (c) Sarnath (d) Pawapuri (Ans : c)
53. Who is called ‘the Napoleon of Ancient India’?
(a) Chandragupta Maurya (b) Pushyamitra (c) Kanishka (d) Samudragupta (Ans : d)
54. Which Chinese traveller visited India during Harshavardhana’s rules?
(a) Fa-Hien (b) Hiuen-Tsang (c) I-tsing (d) Taranath (Ans : b)
55. What is ‘Dhai Din Ka Zhonpda’?
(a) Mosque (b) Temple (c) Saint’s hut (d) Tower (Ans : a)
56. In which language was ‘Tuzuk-i-Baburi’ written ?
(a) Persian (b) Arabic (c) Turkish (d) Urdu (Ans : c)
57. Who was the commander of Rana Pratap’s army in the Battle of Haldighati ?
(a) Amar Singh (b) Man Singh (c) Hakim Khan (d) Shakti Singh (Ans : c)
58. Where was the capital of Shivaji ?
(a) Raigarh (b) Sindhudurg (c) Poona (d) Kolhapur (Ans : a)
59. In which year was the Regulating Act passed?
(a) AD 1757 (b) AD 1765 (c) AD 1773 (d) AD 1793 (Ans : c)
60. Who was the Governor-General of India in 1857?
(a) Wellesley (b) Dalhousie (c) Canning (d) Minto (Ans : c)
61. After which incident Mahatma Gandhi had called Non-Cooperation Movement as his ‘Himalayan Blunder’ ?
(a) Chauri-Chaura (b) Kheda Satyagraha (c) Nagpur Satyagraha (d) Rajkot Satyagraha (Ans : a)
62. Which movement started after the Partition of Bengal ?
(a) Civil Disobedience Movement (b) Swadeshi Movement
(c) Quit India Movement (d) Non-Cooperation Movement (Ans : b)
63. Who was the first Indian woman President of the Indian National Congress?
(a) Mrs. Annie Besant (b) Sucheta Kripalani (c) Sarojini Naidu (d) Indira Gandhi (Ans : c)
64. Where did Madam Cama hoist the first tricolour flag in 1907 ?
(a) tendon (b) Paris (c) Moscow (d) Stuttgart (Ans : d)
65. Who was the founder of Nalanda University?
(a) Chandragupta Vikramaditya (b) Kumargupta (c) Dharmapal (d) Pushyagupta (Ans : b)
66. At which place in Bihar Gandhiji had his first Satyagraha?
(a) Champaran (b) Chhapra (c) Bettiah (d) Patna (Ans : a)
67. Who was the author of ‘Indica’ ?
(a) Vishnugupta (b) Megasthenes (c) Diamechus (d) Pliny (Ans : d)
68. Which Sikh Guru was born at Patna?
(a) Nanak (b) Teg Bahadur (c) Hargobind (d) Gobind Singh (Ans : d)
69. Who was the President of Gaya Session of the Indian National Congress held in 1922 ?
(a) Chittaranjan Das (b) S. N. Banerjee (c) Dr. Rajendra Prasad (d) Hakim Ajmal Khan (Ans : a)
70. By which name is Jay Prakash Narayan known ?
(a) Lokmanya (b) Loknayak (c) Lokhitvadi (d) Lokneta (Ans : b)