Uttar Pradesh Post Graduate Teacher Exam of the year 2013 held on dated 22-2-2015. We are giving 25 questions of Geography of this exam with answers. These questions not only develop of your I.Q. but will useful for upcoming government exams also.
1. Who used the word 'Plate' for the first time?
(A) Arthur Holmes (B) Tuzo Wilson (C) Le Pichon (D) Harry Hess (Ans : B)
2. The writer of the book 'Geographia Generalis's is–
(A) Varenius (B) Cluverius (C) Humboldt (D) Kant (Ans : A)
3. The place situated on the surface, where earthquake is felt first–
(A) epicentre (B) focus (C) centripetal (D) None of these (Ans : A)
4. Where is found the best example of karst topography?
(A) Yugoslavia (B) France (C) Mexico (D) China (Ans : A)
5. Economic geography is the branch of which subject?
(A) Human geography (B) Physical geography
(C) Urban geography (D) Political geography (Ans : A)
6. Tell the wrong pair of the places and their industries–
(A) Titagarh – Jute industry (B) Mumbai – Iron and steel industry
(C) Korba – Aluminium (D) Dhariwal – Woolen textile (Ans : B)
7. 'Mona Loa' is an active volcano of–
(A) Hawaie islands (B) Alaska (C) Italy (D) Japan (Ans : A)
8. Which of the following soils of India is most suitable for cotton cultivation?
(A) Regur soil (B) Laterite soil (C) Alluvial soil (D) Red soil (Ans : A)
9. Who has said that "Landscape is a function of structure, process and stage"?
(A) Walter Penck (B) W. M. Davis (C) G. K. Gilbert (D) L. C. King (Ans : B)
10. Which of the following waterfalls of India is located in Goa ?
(A) Landshing Falls (B) Dhunwadhar Falls
(C) Dudhsagar Falls (D) Nokhalikai Falls (Ans : C)
11. Which of the following Ocean currents does not belong to Indian Ocean ?
(A) Agluhas current (B) Mozambique current
(C) South Indian Ocean current (D) Benguela current (Ans : D)
12. OX-bow lake is also known as–
(A) Billabong (B) Mort Lake (C) Bayou (D) All of these (Ans : A)
13. The busiest oceanic route is–
(A) Suez Canal Route (B) Cape of good hope Route
(C) North Atlantic Route (D) Panama Canal Route (Ans : C)
14. Average depth of Atlantic Ocean–
(A) 4000 metre (B) 4200 metre (C) 3900 metre (D) 3000 metre (Ans : C)
15. Canary cold current flows–
(A) near by Africa (B) near by Asia
(C) near by North America (D) near by South America (Ans : A)
16. Dualisms in nature of geography is–
(A) rural and urban geography (B) economic and resource geography
(C) population and settlement geography (D) regional and systematic geography (Ans : D)
17. Assertion (A) : Bihar is a back-ward state of the country.
Reason (R) : It is characterized by regional disparities in the level of development.
Select the correct answer from the orders given below–
(A) Both (A) and (R) are correct and (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(B) Both (A) and (R) are correct and (R) is the correct explanation of A
(C) A is true, but (R) is false
(D) R is true, but (A) is false (Ans : B)
18. The term cosmography is coined by–
(A) Mackinder (B) Humboldt (C) Kant (D) Ptolemy (Ans : B)
19. 'World Environment Day' is observed on–
(A) April 5 (B) June 5 (C) August 5 (D) October 5 (Ans : B)
20. Where are tropical evergreen forests found?
(A) Assam (B) Odisha (C) West Bengal (D) All of these (Ans : A)
21. In which economic activity does manufacturing come?
(A) Primary (B) Secondary (C) Tertiary (D) Quaternary (Ans : B)
22. Which of the following land-forms is not formed by glacier erosion?
(A) Hanging Valley (B) Horn (C) Tarn (D) Drumlin (Ans : D)
23. In terms of population as per 2011 census, the correct sequence of the following districts of Uttar Pradesh in descending order is–
(A) Moradabad, Allahabad, Ghaziabad, Lucknow (B) Lucknow, Allahabad, Ghaziabad, Moradabad
(C) Allahabad, Moradabad, Ghaziabad, Lucknow (D) Ghaziabad, Lucknow, Moradabad, Allahabad (Ans : C)
24. Coalescence theory of rain was propounded by–
(A) Peterson (B) Bergeron (C) Vonnegut (D) Bowen (Ans : D)
25. The geographers who recognized geography as a chronological science of landscape morphology was–
(A) Sauer (B) Davis (C) Huntington (D) Hartshorne (Ans : D)
26. Match List-I with the List-II and select the correct answer from the codes given below–
(a) Tilaiya Dam 1. Damodar
(b) Panchet Hill Dam 2. Chambal
(c) Rana Pratap Sagar Dam 3. Barakar
(d) Mata Tila Dam 4. Betwa
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 3 1 2 4
(B) 2 3 4 1
(C) 4 1 2 3
(D) 1 2 3 4 (Ans : A)
27. The concept of 'Areal differentiation' is also termed as–
(A) exceptionalism (B) chorological study
(C) systematic geography (D) regionalism (Ans : B)
28. National Botanical Garden of India is situated in–
(A) Mumbai (B) New Delhi (C) Lucknow (D) Bengaluru (Ans : C)
29. Most urbanized state of India is–
(A) Goa (B) Punjab (C) Nagaland (D) Sikkim (Ans : A)
30. 'Cosmos' book was written by one of the following scholars?
(A) Humboldt (B) Retzel (C) Ritter (D) Hettner (Ans : A)
31. Which category of rocks Lopolith and Phacolith are?
(A) Igneous Rocks (B) Sedimentary Rocks
(C) Metamorphic Rocks (D) None of these (Ans : A)
32. Which is the newer mountain range?
(A) Aravali (B) Himalaya (C) Vindhyachal (D) Satpura (Ans : B)
33. What is means of inversion of temperature?
(A) decreasing of temperature with height (B) increasing of temperature with height
(C) same temperature (D) decreasing temperature with latitudinal growth (Ans : B)
34. Which organisms use both grass and flesh biothings for their meal ?
(A) Herbivorous (B) Carnivorous (C) Omnivorous (D) None of these (Ans : C)
35. According to 2011 census the density of population per kilo-meter in India is–
(A) 382 (B) 325 (C) 372 (D) 335 (Ans : A)
36. The highest peak of Uttarakhand is–
(A) Nanda Devi (B) Kamet (C) Kedarnath (D) Badrinath (Ans : A)
37. The cheapest means of transport is–
(A) road transport (B) water transport (C) rail transport (D) air transport (Ans : B)
38. Diamond is a metamorphic rock what is its original form?
(A) Sand stone (B) Gneiss (C) Coal (D) None of these (Ans : C)
39. Who of the following used the term 'Deep Ecology' for the first time?
(A) E. P. Odum (B) C. Raunkiaer (C) F. E. Clements (D) Arnies Naess (Ans : D)
40. Which one of the following branches of geography is related with physical Geography?
(A) Settlement geography (B) Population geography
(C) Geomorphology (D) Agricultural geography (Ans : C)
41. The main aim of 'Chipko Movement' is–
(A) to save trees (B) to save female
(C) to save religion (D) to save education (Ans : A)
42. In India maximum rubber producing state is–
(A) Tamil Nadu (B) Karnataka (C) Andaman Nicobar (D) Kerala (Ans : D)
43. The founder of the concept of areal differentiation in Geography is–
(A) Retzel (B) Marthe (C) Hettner (D) Eratosthenes (Ans : C)
44. Where is Wuhan Industrial Region?
(A) China (B) Italy (C) France (D) Japan (Ans : A)
45. In which of the following year the 'Central Ganga Authority' by Government of India was constituted?
(A) 1975 (B) 1982 (C) 1985 (D) 1995 (Ans : C)
46. Which of the following mountains is not the result of Tertiary orogeny?
(A) Kunlun Mountain (B) Applachians Mountain
(C) Alps Mountain (D) Andes Mountain (Ans : B)
47. In which of the following states alluvial soil is very scanty ?
(A) Punjab (B) Madhya Pradesh (C) Tamil Nadu (D) Bihar (Ans : C)
48. "Regional geography is core of geography." The statement is given by–
(A) Dickinson (B) Hartshorne (C) Blache (D) Herbertson (Ans : C)
49. Nepanagar is related to which industry ?
(A) Fertilizers (B) Newsprint paper (C) Sarees (D) Woolen textiles (Ans : B)
50. Which geographer's said "Change is the law of Nature" ?
(A) Brunhes (B) Blache (C) Humboldt (D) Huntington (Ans : A)
51. Which ocean is related to Gulf Stream?
(A) Northern Pacific Ocean (B) Indian Ocean
(C) Northern Atlantic Ocean (D) None of these (Ans : C)
52. According to 2011 census the male-female ratio in India is–
(A) 1000–900 (B) 1000–933 (C) 1000–940 (D) 1000–943 (Ans : D)
53. Who among the following was a arm chair philosophical geographer?
(A) Varenius (B) Kant (C) Humboldt (D) Retzel (Ans : B)
54. When did Weber propound his theory related to Location of Industries?
(A) 1905 AD. (B) 1909 AD. (C) 1919 AD. (D) 1930 AD. (Ans : B)
55. Where was mined first coal mine in India?
(A) Raniganj (B) Dhanbad (C) Assansol (D) Jharia (Ans : A)
56. Which Era is divided into Triasic, Jurasic and Critesius age?
(A) Mesozoic Era (B) Cenozoic Era (C) Arcuozoic Era (D) None of these (Ans : A)
57. Which of the following in the correct sequence of states of India in descending order in terms of reserves of coal ?
(A) Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha (B) Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Odisha
(C) Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh (D) Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh (Ans : C)
58. From population point of view India gets its rank in the world–
(A) first (B) second (C) third (D) fourth (Ans : B)
59. Where is Ruhr Industrial Region?
(A) France (B) Germany (C) Russia (D) Italy (Ans : B)
60. Suez Canal connects–
(A) Mediterranean Sea –Black Sea (B) Mediterranean Sea –Arabian Sea
(C) Mediterranean Sea –Red Sea (D) Black Sea –Red Sea (Ans : C)
61. Which of the following is not in Kolkata-Hoogly industrial region?
(A) Haldia (B) Jamshedpur (C) Titagarh (D) Naihati (Ans : B)
62. Kedarnath and Badrinath are situated in–
(A) Punjab Himalaya (B) Kumaun Himalaya
(C) Assam Himalaya (D) Nepal Himalaya (Ans : B)
63. Who among the following laid the foundation of human geography?
(A) Humboldt (B) Ritter (C) Retzel (D) Hettner (Ans : C)
64. Generally India has been divided into how many regions?
(A) 3 (B) 4 (C) 5 (D) 6 (Ans : B)
65. Which of the following lakes of India is located in Assam?
(A) Chapanala Lake (B) Hamirsar Lake (C) Koleru Lake (D) Sala Lake (Ans : A)