Uttar Pradesh Post Graduate Teacher Exam of the year 2013 held on dated 22-2-2015. We are giving 25 questions of Geography of this exam with answers. These questions not only develop of your I.Q. but will useful for upcoming government exams also.
( See Questions No. 1 - 65 )
66. Which of the following authors wrote the book 'Erdkunde' ?
(A) Humboldt (B) Ritter (C) Retzel (D) Richthofen (Ans : B)
67. Length of the diameter of Hurricanes is–
(A) 10-50 km (B) 50-100 km (C) 100-200 km (D) 500-600 km (Ans : C)
68. Which is the first in fish producing in the world?
(A) Japan (B) USA (C) Norway (D) Great Britain (Ans : A)
69. How many stages of cycle of erosion were mentioned by Davis?
(A) 1 (B) 2 (C) 3 (D) 4 (Ans : C)
70. In which vegetation zone Sundarvan are found in India?
(A) Tropical Evergreen (B) Tropical Monsoon (C) Tidal (D) Desert (Ans : C)
71. In which of the following area most of the earthquakes of the world come?
(A) Mediterranean sea belt (B) Atlantic ocean belt
(C) Circum pacific ocean belt (D) Indian ocean belt (Ans : C)
72. Where are Savannah Grasslands?
(A) North America (B) North Mid Africa (C) Australia (D) Mid Asia (Ans : D)
73. 'Geography is chorological science of earth suface'. Who says?
(A) Edward Ackerman (B) Humboldt (C) Hettner (D) Griffith Taylor (Ans : C)
74. Make the pairs of chief rivers to their place of origin–
(a) Yamuna 1. Sihawa
(b) Krishna 2. Nasik
(c) Godawari 3. Mahabaleshwar
(d) Mahanadi 4. Yamunotri
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 4 3 2 1
(B) 1 2 3 4
(C) 4 2 1 3
(D) 4 2 3 1 (Ans : A)
75. The first person to plot the Bay of Bengal–
(A) Strabo (B) Ptolemy (C) Al-Masudi (D) Humboldt (Ans : B)
76. Which of the following nuclear power plants has the highest total installed capacity ?
(A) Kakrapar (B) Kaiga (C) Tarapur (D) Kudankulam (Ans : C)
77. Which one of the following geographers propounded the organic theory of state?
(A) Humboldt (B) Ritter (C) Retzel (D) Richthofen (Ans : C)
78. Great Barrier Reef is located–
(A) near Japan (B) near East cost of Australia
(C) near Great Britain (D) Middle Altantic Ocean (Ans : B)
79. He is known as the father of geography because he first time used the word Geography–
(A) Ptolemy (B) Eratosthenes (C) Herodotus (D) Hecataeus (Ans : B)
80. Where 'Green Revolution' in India has become successful ?
(A) Peninsular India (B) Central India
(C) Eastern Coastal Areas of India (D) Punjab - Haryana and Western Uttar Pradesh (Ans : D)
81. Atollo is–
(A) oceanic current (B) mountain peak
(C) island (D) a spatial type of coral reefs (Ans : D)
82. Tarn lake is related–
(A) cirque (B) desert (C) flood plains (D) plateau (Ans : A)
83. Who among the following geographers presented the concept of morphology of landscape?
(A) Huntington (B) Hartshorne (C) Davis (D) Sauer (Ans : D)
84. What is in Khetadi ?
(A) Copper mines (B) Coal mines (C) Bauxite mines (D) Iron-ore mines (Ans : A)
85. Most developed state from Agriculture point of view is–
(A) Punjab (B) Uttar Pradesh (C) Jharkhand (D) Maharashtra (Ans : A)
86. Which of the following land-forms is not related to works of river?
(A) Water fall (B) Ox-bow lake (C) Barkhan (D) 'V' shaped valley (Ans : C)
87. Lal Imali is related to which industry ?
(A) Cotton textile (B) Paper (C) Woollen textile (D) Jute (Ans : C)
88. Which of the following is primary Rocks?
(A) Igneous (B) Sedimentary (C) Metamorphic (D) None of these (Ans : A)
89. The function of the ozone layer in the stratosphere is–
(A) to maintain the global temperature (B) to reduce the frequency of earthquakes
(C) to prevent failure of monsoon (D) to prevent ultra violet radiation (Ans : D)
90. Who used Isodapane ?
(A) Weber (B) August Losch (C) Davis (D) Hoower (Ans : A)
91. Which of the following geographers made the statement that "Man is a product of the earth" ?
(A) Huntington (B) Taylor (C) I. Bowman (D) Semple (Ans : D)
92. Glacio-Fluvial deposits Landscape is–
(A) Esker (B) Cirque (C) Tarn (D) Glacial Stairway (Ans : A)
93. The condition of Aphelion is–
(A) 3 January (B) 21 June (C) 4 July (D) 22 December (Ans : C)
94. Average density of the whole earth is–
(A) 2.5 (B) 3.5 (C) 5.5 (D) 11.0 (Ans : C)
95. According to 2011 female literacy percentage in India is–
(A) 55.46 (B) 65.46 (C) 75.46 (D) None of these (Ans : B)
96. Sunda trench is located in–
(A) Pacific Ocean (B) Indian Ocean (C) Atlantic Ocean (D) None of these (Ans : B)
97. The best type of coal is–
(A) peat (B) lignite (C) anthrecite (D) bituminus (Ans : C)
98. Major use of corn (maize) in USA is–
(A) in human food (B) in animal fodder
(C) in formation of starch (D) to prepare alcohol (Ans : B)
99. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(A) Shipki La –Himachal Pradesh (B) Lipu Lekh –Arunachal Pradesh
(C) Nathu La –Sikkim (D) Joji La –Jammu and Kashmir (Ans : B)
100. Which agent of erosion results mushroom rocks?
(A) Glaciers (B) Running water (C) Wind (D) Sea waves (Ans : C)
101. Which is the resultant Rift valley?
(A) Folding (B) Faulting (C) Wraping (D) Nape (Ans : B)
102. Spruce, Fur and Chir are chiefly found in–
(A) Equatorial Forests (B) Mediterranean Forests
(C) Taiga Forests (D) Monsoon Forests (Ans : C)
103. In which of the following census years in India was recorded the highest percentage change in population?
(A) 1971 (B) 1981 (C) 1991 (D) 2001 (Ans : A)
104. The traveller who first discovered India was–
(A) Vasco da Gama (B) Columbus (C) Magellan (D) Captain Cook (Ans : A)
105. In which month the maximum rain occurs in India–
(A) May (B) June (C) July (D) August (Ans : C)
106. When was established European Free Trade Association?
(A) May 3, 1950 (B) May 3, 1960 (C) May 3, 1963 (D) May 3, 1965 (Ans : B)
107. In Brazil, coffee gardens are called–
(A) Coffee garden (B) Fazenda (C) Selvas (D) Pampas (Ans : B)
108. Blache is related to which of the following concepts ?
(A) Determinism (B) Possibilism (C) Neo-determinism (D) Probabilism (Ans : B)
109. Which one of the following rivers is called a 'biological desert' due to heavy pollution load?
(A) Damodar (B) Ghaghra (C) Periyar (D) Yamuna (Ans : A)
110. Percentage of sodium chloride in ocean water is–
(A) 54.0 (C) 77.8 (B) 64.0 (D) 10.9 (Ans : C)
111. Metamorphism of Shale is formed–
(A) Slate (B) Marble (C) Gneiss (D) None of these (Ans : A)
112. Sun spot is–
(A) black spot of sun surface (B) black spot near the sun
(C) red spot near the sun (D) None of these (Ans : A)
113. Rice is the plant of which type of climate?
(A) tropical (B) temperate (C) warm-humid (D) warm-dry (Ans : C)
114. Hirakud Dam, has been constructed on which river?
(A) Godavari (B) Mahanadi (C) Kosi (D) Barakar (Ans : B)
115. The last zone of Von Thunen's Location theory of agriculture is known–
(A) Firewood Field (B) Intensive crop Agriculture
(C) Crop Farming fallow and pasture (D) Livestock Farming (Ans : D)
116. Which of the following has the largest biodiversity ?
(A) Temperate deciduous forest biome (B) Tropical rain forest biome
(C) Temperate grassland biome (D) Savana biome (Ans : B)
117. Who among the following is known as cultural geographer?
(A) Jefferson (B) Semple (C) Huntington (D) Carl Sauer (Ans : D)
118. The founder of Human Geography in France was–
(A) Jean Bruhnes (B) A. Demangeon (C) A. P. Perpillo (D) Vidal De La Blache (Ans : D)
119. Who says "Vegelation is the ture index of climate" ?
(A) Themthwait (B) Koppen (C) Stamp (D) Triwartha (Ans : B)
120. Humboldt in his geographical studies gave priority to one of the following–
(A) Systematic geography (B) Regional geography
(C) Physical geography (D) Human geography (Ans : A)
121. The author of the book 'Geographic Universale is–
(A) Blanchard (B) Bruhnes (C) Blache (D) Demangeon (Ans : C)
122. What is Sirocco ?
(A) Volcanoes (B) Local winds (C) Bird (D) Island (Ans : B)
123. The energy derived from the sun is–
(A) insolation (B) insulation (C) isolation (D) radiation (Ans : D)
124. Which elements are abundant in the formation of interior layer of the earth?
(A) Silica and aluminium (B) Silica and magnesium
(C) Basalt and silica (D) Nickel and iron (Ans : D)
125. Manchester is famous for which industry ?
(A) Cotton textile (B) Woolen textile (C) Iron - steel (D) Paper (Ans : A)