SSC Combined Graduate Level (Tier-I) Exam-2016
(Held on : 31-08-2016)
General Awareness (PART-II) Solved Paper
1. Which institution is known as 'Soft Loan Window' of World Bank?
(a) IDBI (b) IDA (c) IMF (d) RBI (Ans : b)
2. Which curve shows the inverse relationship between unemployment and inflation rates?
(a) Supply curve (b) Indifference curve (c) IS curve (d) Phillips curve (Ans : d)
3. The longest sea beach in India is–
(a) Chapora beach (b) Diu beach (c) Aksa beach (d) Marina beach (Ans : d)
4. The Jammu and Kashmir State Legislative Assembly has a tenure of–
(a) Six years (b) Five years (c) Four years (d) Seven years (Ans : a)
5. Which one of the following Committee is described as the 'twin sister' of the Estimates Committee?
(a) Public Accounts Committee (b) Committee on Public Undertakings
(c) Departmental Standing Committee (d) Privilege Committee (Ans : a)
6. Potato is a–
(a) Root (b) Stem (c) Bud (d) Fruit (Ans : b)
7. English education was introduced in India by–
(a) Curzon (b) Macaulay (c) Dalhousie (d) Bentick (Ans : b)
8. Short term contractions and expansions in economic activity are called–
(a) Expansions (b) Recession (c) Deficits (d) The business cycle (Ans : d)
9. Which one of the following region is most rich in coal deposits?
(a) Brahmaputra Valley (b) Damodar Valley (c) Mahanadi Valley (d) Godavari Valley (Ans : b)
10. Rainfall caused by intense evaporation in equatorial areas is called–
(a) Orographic rainfall (b) Cyclonic rainfall (c) Frontal rainfall (d) Convectional rainfall (Ans : d)
11. Haematopoiesis take place in–
(a) Lungs (b) Pancreas (c) Liver (d) Bone marrow (Ans : d)
12. ………. is a hormone that regulates the amount of glucose in the blood.
(a) Glucogen (b) Thyroxine (c) Oxytocin (d) Insulin (Ans : d)
13. Wall Street collapse led to–
(a) World War II (b) Recession (c) U. S. attack on Iraq (d) Great Depression (Ans : d)
14. Gandhara Art is the combination of–
(a) Indo - Roman (b) Indo - Greek (c) Indo - Islamic (d) Indo - China (Ans : b)
15. If electric resistance is to be decreased, then the number of resistances should be connected in–
(a) Series (b) Parallel (c) Mixed arrangement (d) None of these (Ans : b)
16. Related to computers, what is 'Wetware' ?
(a) Computer programs (b) Circuitory (c) Human brain (d) Chemical storage devices (Ans : c)
17. Indira Goswami, the famous editor, poet, scholar and writter won the Jnanpith Award in which language?
(a) Bengali (b) Odia (c) Assamese (d) Hindi (Ans : c)
18. Ultraviolet radiation in the stratosphere is absorbed by–
(a) SO2 (b) Ozone (c) Oxygen (d) Argon (Ans : b)
19. All isotopes of the same element have–
(a) different atomic numbers and different atomic mass
(b) different atomic numbers and the same atomic mass
(c) the same atomic number but different atomic masses
(d) the same atomic number and the atomic mass (Ans : c)
20. Nitric acid does not react with–
(a) Gold (b) Copper (c) Zinc (d) Iron (Ans : a)
21. Nandadevi peak is located in ………. State.
(a) Himachal Pradesh (b) Uttarakhand (c) Uttar Pradesh (d) Sikkim (Ans : b)
22. Which one of the following industries is known as 'Sunrise Industry' ?
(a) Iron and Steel (b) Cotton Textile (c) Information Technology (d) Tea and Coffee (Ans : c)
23. The material used in electric heater is–
(a) Tungsten (b) Nichrome (c) Brass (d) Steel (Ans : b)
24. Pellagra and Scurvy are caused by which pair of vitamin deficiency respectively–
(a) Vitamin C and Vitamin D (b) Vitamin B-12 and Vitamin C
(c) Vitamin C and Vitamin A (d) Vitamin A and Vitamin B-12 (Ans : b)
25. Who appoints the Finance Commission in India?
(a) Governor, R.B.I. (b) CAG of India (c) President of India (d) Central Finance Minister(Ans : c)