SIDBI ASSISTANT MANAGER EXAM., 2016
(Held on 24-1-2016)
Computer Language Solved Paper
1. Which of the following is not an output device in a computer organization?
(A) Printer (B) Monitor (C) Scanner (D) Plotter (E) Speaker (Ans : C)
2. In word processing, the efficient way to move the 3rd paragraph to place it after 5th paragraph is–
(A) Cut and paste (B) Copy and paste (C) Delete and copy (D) Edit and paste (E) Delete and paste (Ans : A)
3. ISP in internet term stands–
(A) Intelligent Server Provider (B) Instant Service Production (C) Information Service Provider
(D) Information Service Production (E) Internet Service Provider (Ans : E)
4. Which of the following operating systems use command line interface?
(A) Mac OS X (B) LINUX (C) Window 7 (D) Windows XP (E) MS DOS (Ans : E)
5. Which of the following refers to the process of removing a file from a compressed archive?
(A) installing (B) putting (C) extracting (D) uninstalling (E) realizing (Ans : D)
6. Devices, such as monitors and printers that are connected to the computer are called–
(A) Processing devices (B) Peripheral devices (C) Input devices (D) Output devices (E) None of these (Ans : D)
7. What does the acronym DVD stand for?
(A) Digital Versatile Diskette (B) Digital Visual Diskette (C) Digital Versatile Disc
(D) Digital Visual Disc (E) Digital Value Diskette (Ans : C)
8. Unwanted and unsolicited e-mails are called–
(A) spurious mail (B) spam (C) viruses (D) warm (E) None of these (Ans : B)
9. HTML used to create web pages, stand for–
(A) Hyper Text Markup Language (B) Hyper Text Machine Language (C) Hyper Type Markup Language
(D) Hyper Type Marking Language (E) Hyper Type Machine Language (Ans : A)
10. In VLSI integrated circuit technology, VLSI stands for–
(A) Very Low Security Information (B) Very Large Scale Integration (C) Very Low Scale Integration
(D) Very Large Scale Information (E) Very Large Scale Information (Ans : B)
11. The biggest memory size in the following is–
(A) Kilobyte (B) Terabyte (C) Megabyte (D) Gigabyte (E) Petabyte (Ans : E)
12. HTPS stands for–
(A) Hyper Transfer Protocol Service (B) Hypertext Transfer Permission Security (C) High Traffic Transfer Protocol Service
(D) Hypertext Transfer Protocol Service (E) Hypertext Traffic Permission Protocol Service (Ans : D)
13. In ROM, BIOS, the acronym BIOS stands for–
(A) Basic Input Organization System (B) Basic Information Output System (C) Basic Input Output System
(D) Basic Industry Output System (E) Basic Intuitive Output System (Ans : C)
14. Which of the following refers to restarting the system when it is already powered on ?
(A) A strong boot (B) Hibernation (C) A warm boot (D) Standby mode (E) A solid boot (Ans : E)
15. Which of the following refers to represents one billion bytes ?
(A) One kilobyte (B) One gigabyte (C) One terabyte (D) One Megabyte (E) One byte (Ans : B)
16. Which of the following forms the first part of a computer URL to access the web resources?
(A) location (B) user name (C) name (D) protocol (E) address (Ans : D)
17. Which one of the following is OS software ?
(A) Access 2000 (B) Word 2000 (C) Windows 2000 (D) Excel 2000 (E) Publisher 2500 (Ans : C)
18. In computer network types, MAN refers to-e–
(A) Metropolitan Area Network (B) Medium Area Network (C) Merge Area Network
(D) Major Area Network (E) Main Area Network (Ans : A)
19. A trackball mouse, Joystick are examples of ………. in computer parlance.
(A) Scanners (B) Printing devices (C) Types of keyboards (D) Storing devices (E) Multimedia devices (Ans : E)
20. Usually the e-mail address is in–
(A) Upper case (B) Italics (C) Bold (D) Middle case (E) Lower case (Ans : E)