IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam of the year 2015 held on dated 20 September, 2015. We are giving 20 questions of Science (Subject Competence) of this exam with answers.
IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam., 2015 Science Solved Question Paper
81. Large intestine in humans mainly carries out–
(A) absorption (B) assimilation (C) digestion of fats (D) digestion of carbohydrates (Ans : A)
82. The opening and closing of stomatal pores depend upon–
(A) oxygen (B) temperature (C) water in guard cells (D) concentration of CO2 in stoma (Ans : C)
83. Acid rain happens because the–
(A) Sun heats up the upper layer of the atmosphere
(B) burning of fossil fuels releases oxides of carbon, nitrogen and sulphur in the atmosphere
(C) electrical charges are produced due to friction amongst the clouds
(D) Earth's atmosphere contains acid (Ans : B)
84. Fuel used in thermal power plants is–
(A) water (B) uranium (C) biomass (D) fossil fuels (Ans : D)
85. The S. I. unit of magnetic field intensity is–
(A) Gauss (B) Torr (C) Tesla (D) Newton (Ans : C)
86. Autotrophic organisms include–
(A) bacteria and virus (B) bacteria and fungi (C) green plants and some bacteria (D) green plants and all bacteria (Ans : C)
87. A molecule of ammonia (NH3) has–
(A) only single bonds (B) only double bonds (C) only triple bonds (D) two double bonds and one single bond (Ans : B)
88. Solubility of alcohol in water is due to–
(A) low density of alcohol (B) volatile nature of alcohol (C) ionization (D) hydrogen bonding (Ans : D)
89. Which of the following has the most non- metallic character?
(A) N (B) O (C) C (D) F (Ans : B)
90. Which is the common method of reproduction in majority of fungi and bacteria?
(A) Binary fission (B) Spore formation (C) Fertilization (D) Multiple fission (Ans : A)
91. Which among the following diseases is not sexually transmitted?
(A) Syphilis (B) Hepatitis (C) HIV-AIDS (D) Gonorrhoea (Ans : B)
92. The fossil remains of Archaeopteryx is a connecting link between–
(A) reptiles and mammals (B) reptiles and birds (C) fishes and amphibians (D) amphibians and reptiles (Ans : B)
93. The S. I. unit of converging ability of a lens is–
(A) cm (B) mm (C) dioptre (D) power (Ans : C)
94. The laws of reflection hold good for–
(A) plane mirror only (B) concave mirror only (C) convex mirror only (D) all mirrors irrespective of their shape (Ans : D)
95. Which one of the following is an example of biotic component of the environment?
(A) Water (B) Temperature (C) Wind (D) Vegetation (Ans : D)
96. An ecosystem includes–
(A) all living organisms (B) all non-living organisms
(C) both living and non-living organisms (D) sometimes living and sometimes non-living organisms (Ans : C)
97. Select the wrong statement–
(A) Forests provide a variety of products (B) Forests have greater plant diversity
(C) Forests do not conserve soil (D) Forests conserve water (Ans : C)
98. Which of the following is acidic in nature?
(A) Lime juice (B) Human blood (C) Lime water (D) Antacid (Ans : A)
99. To get 2 Ω resistance using 6 Ω resistors, the number of them required is–
(A) 2 (B) 3 (C) 4 (D) 6 (Ans : B)
100. Windmill is used in large scale in–
(A) Delhi (B) Kanyakumari (C) Denmark (D) Kenya (Ans : C)