These all Environment GK Questions with Answers will very helpful to you for the forthcoming government competitive exams like UGC-NET, CTET, IAS, PCS etc. and will increase your intelligence skills.
1. How much of the net irrigated well irrigation?
(a) 20% (b) 60% (c) 45% (d) 30% (Ans : d)
2. When an ant bites a person, which irritating chemical it (ant) injects into his (person) body?
(a) Acetic acid (b) Citric acid (c) Tartaric acid (d) Formic acid (Ans : d)
3. The soil of India’s eastern and western coast is–
(a) Alluvial (b) Black cotton (c) Red rocky (d) Laterite (Ans : d)
4. Nitrous oxide (commonly called laughing gas) has been a matter of concern to environmentalist recently because–
(a) it is thought to cause cancer at low concentration (b) it produce photochemical smog
(c) it is a green house gas (d) None of the above (Ans : c)
5. Which one of the following is not a Biosphere Reserve?
(a) Agasthy amalai (b) Nallambalai (c) Nilgiri (d) Panchmarhi (Ans : b)
6. The most harmful environmental pollution from nuclear reactor is–
(a) radioactivity (b) particulate formation (c) thermal pollution (d) noise pollution (Ans : c)
7. What unit of solar energy does the earth intercept?
(a) 2,200 millionth (b) 2,000 millionth (c) 2,100 millionth (d) 2,300 millionth (Ans : b)
8. Which of the following is used as a moderator in nuclear reactor?
(a) Thorium (b) Graphite (c) Radium (d) Ordinary water (Ans : b)
9. Which state irrigates largest percentage of land?
(a) Haryana (b) Uttar Pradesh (c) Maharashtra (d) Punjab (Ans : d)
10. Which of the following is not a primary pollutant?
(a) SO2 (b) Volcanic ash (c) O3 (d) CO2 (Ans : c)
11. Which one among the following covers the highest percentage of forest area in the world?
(a) Temperate Coniferous forests (b) Temperate Deciduous forest
(c) Tropical Monsoon forests (d) Tropical Rain forests (Ans : a)
12. Plants get their nitrogen from–
(a) rain (b) the soil (c) the air (d) the bedrock (Ans : b)
13. The lowest temperature of air is recorded at–
(a) midnight (b) just before sunrise (c) just after sunset (d) 2 a.m. (Ans : b)
14. Radioactivity is measured by–
(a) Geiger-Muller counter (b) Polarimeter (c) Calorimeter (d) Colorimeter (Ans : a)
15. Gandhi Sagar Dam is a part of which one of the following?
(a) Chambal Project (b) Kosi Project (c) Damodar Valley Project (d) Bhakra Nangal Project (Ans : c)
16. Pollination by wind is called–
(a) Autogamy (b) Entomophily (c) Anemophily (d) Ornithophily (Ans : c)
17. Which state has the largest area under tank irrigation?
(a) Tamil Nadu (b) Odisha (c) West Bengal (d) Karnataka (Ans : a)
18. Amongst the following Indian States which one has the minimum total forest cover?
(a) Sikkim (b) Goa(c) Haryana (d) Kerala (Ans : c)
19. Of the total water on the Earth, fresh water reserves constitue approximately–
(a) 70% (b) 2.7% (c) 10% (d) 8.9% (Ans : b)
20. Which state has the largest proportion of net irrigated area under canal irrigation?
(a) Punjab (b) Uttar Pradesh(c) Maharashtra (d) Jammu and Kashmir (Ans : d)