Important Current Affairs questions for UPSC, NDA, PSC, SSC, Railway, IBPS Bank Exams, State Level Vacancy and other competitive exams.
1. Name the team that announced the detection of gravitational waves for the second time, the flexing of space and time caused by the black hole collision on June 15, 2016.
(A) ISRO (B) NASA (C) LIGO (D) ESA (Ans : C)
2. Which country’s parliament unanimously passed the RTI bill with amendment on June 25, 2016?
(A) India (B) Sri Lanka (C) Britain (D) West Indies (Ans : B)
3. Identify the issue on which the RBI released its draft guidelines to tap the licensing of Universal Bank on May 6, 2016.
(A) Agricultural sector (B) Financial sector (C) Public sector (D) Private sector (Ans : D)
4. Which hybrid research plane was unveiled by NASA in June, 2016?
(A) X-57 (B) U-58 (C) P-42 (D) B-80 (Ans : A)
5. ‘International Day against Drung abuse and Illicit Trafficking’ was observed on June 26, 2016 with theme.
(A) Listen first (B) Drung-stop it (C) Help drug abuse (D) Stop drug abuse (Ans : A)
6. Which country hosted the 42nd G-7 Summit in May, 2016?
(A) Japan (B) United States (C) India (D) Qatar (Ans : A)
7. Which Indian Bank was named in Hall of Shame list 2016?
(A) Union Bank of India (B) Axis Bank (C) HDFC Bank (D) State Bank of India (Ans : D)
8. International Olympic Day 2016 was celebrated on–
(A) June 25 (B) June 23 (C) June 20 (D) June 22 (Ans : B)
9. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on June 4, 2016 awarded with?
(A) Amir Amanullah Khan Award (B) Medal of Aman (C) Desh-ai-Noor (D) Noor-ai-Elahi (Ans : A)
10. As per Global Fraud Report 2016-16 which nation is the third highest in terms of fraud among all countries and regions surveyed across six continents?
(A) India (B) Pakistan (C) Afghanistan (D) China (Ans : A)
11. India on April 25, 2016 started a joint training exercise named Nomadic Elephant 2016 with which country?
(A) United States (B) Russia (C) Mongolia (D) Nepal (Ans : C)
12. Who recently bagged the prestigious GD Birla award for scientific research for 2015?
(A) Ram Narain Agarwal (B) Satya Atluri (C) Sanjay Mittal (D) Kailash Satyarthi (Ans : C)
13. Who was recently awarded the 2016 Pen Pinter Prize?
(A) Raif Badawi (B) Margaret Atwood (C) Jhumpa Lahiri (D) Atul Sharma (Ans : B)
14. Which of the following teams won the 2016 Copa America football tournament?
(A) Argentina (B) Chile (C) Costa Rica (D) Brazil (Ans : B)
15. What was the nick name of the fighter aircraft Sea Harriers, which was decommissioned by Indian Navy on May 11, 2016?
(A) Neel Kiran (B) White Tigers (C) MIG-29 (D) Su 30 MKI (Ans : B)
16. A group of scientist in June, 2016 developed world’s first 1000 processor computer chip. The chip name is–
(A) Kilocore (B) Mega chip (C) Core chip (D) None of these (Ans : A)
17. Which three countries participated in the Malabar Exercise 2016?
(A) India, Italy and Japan (B) India, United States and Japan
(C) China, Sri Lanka and United States (D) United States, China and India (Ans : B)
18. Which central Asian city hosted the 2016 Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Summit?
(A) Tashkent (B) Astana (C) Bishkeh (D) Dushanke (Ans : A)
19. Which multinational agency/agencies released the World Investment Report 2016?
(A) UNCTAD (B) IMF (C) UN (D) UNDP (Ans : A)
20. Who assumed charge as first ever Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in Mumbai on June 1, 2016?
(A) Anurag Thakur (B) Rahul Johri (C) Anil Kumble (D) Anurag Basu (Ans : B)
21. Who won the 2016 European Grand Prix Formula-1 Championship?
(A) Nico Rosberg (B) Sebastian Vettal (C) Lewis Hamelton (D) Sergio Perer (Ans : A)
22. Which organization released the India Development Update 2016, financing double digit growth?
(A) World Bank (B) United Nations (C) International Monetary Fund (D) Asian Development Bank (Ans : A)
23. Identify the department that released the provisional estimates of national GDP for 2015-16 on May 31, 2016.
(A) Central Statistical Office (B) Ministry of Finance (C) Data Processing Division (D) National Sample Survey Office (Ans : A)
24. Name the country that on June 23, 2016 signed a ceasefire deal with rebels ending five decade conflict–
(A) Colombia (B) Syria (C) Ukraine (D) Egypt (Ans : A)
25. Which country is hosted the month long UFFA Euro 2016 Football Championship?
(A) Germany (B) Brazil (C) France (D) United Kingdom (Ans : C)