Tamilnadu General Knowledge Questions and AnswersWe have compiled some important frequently asked questions related to Tamilnadu GK with Answers–
1. Which Chief minister have been appointed maximum number of times ?
(A) M Karunanidhi (B) M G Ramachandran (C) J Jayalalithaa (D) C Raja gopalachari (Ans : A)
2. Tamilnadu Capital City Chennai is formerly known as ?
(A) Madras (B) Chennapur (C) Chennapatti (D) None of these (Ans : A)
3. What is the area of Tamil Nadu?
(A) 50,215 sq. mi. (B) 77,857 sq. mi. (C) 36,523 sq. mi. (D) 28,412 sq. mi. (Ans : A)
4. Total Number of Districts of Tamilnadu state ?
(A) 34 (B) 32 (C) 28 (D) 30 (Ans : B)
5. Number of International Airports in Tamilnadu ?
(A) 3 (B) 5 (C) 4 (D) 2 (Ans : C)
6. Which water body is to the east of Tamil Nadu?
(A) Gulf of Kutch (B) Bay of Bengal (C) Gulf of Cambay (D) Arabian Sea (Ans : B)
7. Which state is to the west of Tamil Nadu?
(A) Orissa (B) Kerala (C) Maharashtra (D) Nagaland (Ans : B)
8. Which ocean is to the south of Tamil Nadu?
(A) Atlantic (B) Pacific (C) Indian (D) Antarctic (Ans : C)
9. Which strait separates Tamil Nadu from Sri Lanka?
(A) Cook (B) Torres (C) Davis (D) Palk (Ans : D)
10. How was Tamil Nadu formerly known?
(A) Madras (B) Ootacamund (C) Golconda (D) Vanga (Ans : A)
11. Which is the southernmost point of Tamil Nadu?
(A) Blair Point (B) Cape Horn (C) Castle Point (D) Cape Comorin (Ans : D)
12. Which is the highest point in Tamil Nadu?
(A) Kudremukh (B) Pachmarhi (C) Doda Betta (D) Guru Peak (Ans : C)
13. Which party came to power in Tamil Nadu in 1967?
(A) CPI (B) TDP (C) PWP (D) DMK (Ans : D)
14. Who was Tamil Nadu’s first non-Congress chief minister?
(A) C. Rajagopalachari (B) M. Karunanidhi (C) C. Annadurai (D) K. Kamaraj (Ans : C)
15. What is the state fruit of Tamilnadu ?
(A) Banana (B) Mango (C) Guava (D) jackfruit (Ans : D)
16. Mid day meal scheme in Tamilnadu was Introduced by Which former Chief minister ?
(A) K Kamraj (B) M G Ramachandran (C) M Karunanidhi (D) None of these (Ans : A)
17. The DANIDA-TNAHCP initiative of Tamil nadu is related to which among the following sectors?
(A) Infrastructure (B) Health (C) Education (D) Industry (Ans : B)
18. Total number of Loksabha Constituencies in Tamilnadu ?
(A) 42 (B) 25 (C) 36 (D) 39 (Ans : D)
19. In how many zones, the Greater Chennai Police Commissionerate has been divided in Tamil Nadu?
(A) Three (B) Four (C) Five (D) Six (Ans : B)
20. In which of the following district Indira Gandhi wild life sanctuary & national park is located ?
(A) Dharmapuri district (B) Coimbatore district (C) Karur (D) Theni (Ans : B)
21. From the following Which Public sector bank headquarters is located in Tamilnadu state ?
(A) Bank of Baroda (B) Canara bank (C) Union bank of India (D) Indian Overseas bank (Ans : B)
22. In which year, name Chennai from Madras was officially changed ?
(A) 1993 (B) 1995 (C) 1997 (D) 1998 (Ans : B)
23. In which year, Madras State was renamed as Tamilnadu?
(A) 1960 (B) 1963 (C) 1969 (D) 1972 (Ans : C)
24. What is the name of seat of Corporation of Chennai?
(A) Chelmsford Building (B) Ripon Building (C) Cornwallis Building (D) Dalhousie Building (Ans : B)
25. Vijayalaya Chola established Which of the following as new capital ?
(A) Madurai (B) Thanjavur (C) Krishnagiri (D) Tiruchi (Ans : B)
26. Koodal is old name of Which city ?
(A) Tiruppur (B) Tirunelveli (C) Madurai (D) None of these (Ans : C)
27. Which City is largest Knitwear exporter ?
(A) Salem (B) Coimbatore (C) Andipatti (D) Tirupur (Ans : C)
28. From the following Which city is called “Manchestar of South India ” ?
(A) Coimbatore (B) Chennai (C) Tirunelveli (D) Namakkal (Ans : A)
29. Which of the following state is North to Tamilnadu ?
(A) Kerala (B) Karnataka (C) Andhra pradesh (D) None of these (Ans : C)
30. What is the Rank of Tamilnadu among Indian states by area ?
(A) 14 (B) 3 (C) 9 (D) 11 (Ans : D)
31. Yercaud hill station is located in Which district ?
(A) Tiruchirappalli (B) Salem (C) Erode (D) Tirunelveli (Ans : B)
32. Theni distict is split from Which district in 1997 ?
(A) Madurai (B) Coimbatore (C) Tiruchirappalli (D) None of these (Ans : A)
33. In 1956 there are...................number of districts in Tamilnadu ?
(A) 19 (B) 20 (C) 24 (D) 13 (Ans : D)
34. Whose nickname is “Mango of Salem” ?
(A) K Kamaraj (B) PT Rajan (C) C Raja gopalachari (D) M Karunanidhi (Ans : C)
35. In which year Madras state was renamed as Tamilnadu ?
(A) 1952 (B) 1962 (C) 1966 (D) 1969 (Ans : D)
36. “Amma Unavagam” scheme provides?
(A) Subsidized fertilizers at low prices (B) Free Purified Water for families
(C) Subsidized food at low prices (D) Free meals for pilgrims at Temples (Ans : C)
37. Who amongst the following is acknowledged as “king Maker” ?
(A) M Karunanidhi (B) K Kamraj (C) C Rajagopalachari (D) None of these (Ans : B)
38. In Which year AIADMK party is founded ?
(A) 1967 (B) 1974 (C) 1971 (D) 1972 (Ans : D)
39. Who is the founder of AIADMK ?
(A) C Annadurai (B) M G Ramachandran (C) J Jayalalithaa (D) None of these (Ans : B)
40.Which of the following dam is built on Kaveri river ?
(A) Mettur dam (B) Dudhawa dam (C) Almatti dam (D) Mullaperiyar dam (Ans : A)