SIDBI Assistant Manager Exam of the year 2016 held on dated 24 January, 2016. We are giving 40 questions of General Awareness of this exam with answers.
1. Which of the following Indian state-owned banks is headquartered in the Indian State of Karnataka?
(A) Canara Bank (B) Indian Bank (C) Bank of India (D) Indian Overseas Bank (E) United Bank of India (Ans : A)
2. PM Shri Narendra Modi recently (January 2016) unveiled a plaque for the foundation stone of a new helicopter manufacturing unit of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) in Tumkur district in the Indian state of–
(A) Telangana (B) Andhra Pradesh (C) Karnataka (D) Maharashtra (E) Kerala (Ans : C)
3. The IMGC is the sole provider of mortgage guarantor for housing finance in India. The alphabet T in the abbreviation 'IMGC' stands for–
(A) India (B) Institute (C) Internal (D) Informative (E) International (Ans : A)
Read : SIDBI English Language Solved Questions 2016
4. HSBC holdings is a multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in–
(A) New York, USA (B) London, United Kingdom (C) Shanghai, China
(D) Hong Kong, China (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : B)
5. The 600 MW Kakatiya Thermal Power Project has recently been commissioned at Chelpur in Warangal district in the Indian state of–
(A) Maharashtra (B) Other than those given as options (C) Karnataka (D) Telangana (E) West Bengal (Ans : D)
6. Which of the following banks has been designated as the Reserve Bank of India's agent in the Indian state of Jammu & Kashmir?
(A) Jammu & Kashmir Bank (B) Oriental Bank of Commerce (C) State Bank of Patiala
(D) State Bank of India (E) Punjab National Bank (Ans : A)
7. It is proposed to set up a bank board bureau that would be responsible for appointments for top jobs at public sector banks which are presently made through a committee led by the–
(A) Secretary, Ministry of Finance (B) Governor, Reserve Bank of India (C) Finance Minister
(D) Secretary, Department of Financial Services (E) Prime Minister (Ans : D)
8. According to the recent RBI guidelines issued in 2015, an individual borrower can now avail from two Microfinance Institutions (MFI), a maximum loan up to–
(A) Rs. 85,000 (B) Rs. 1,00,000 (C) Rs. 75,000 (D) Rs. 50,000 (E) Rs. 40,000 (Ans : B)
9. Which of the following private sector banks has recently (January 2016) launched a facility through which registered users can transfer funds by just making a missed call to the bank ?
(A) South Indian Bank (B) Federal Bank (C) Karnataka Bank (D) City Union Bank (E) Chartered Bank (Ans : B)
10. Which of the following statements regarding Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA) is 'not' true?
(A) BSBDA Account holders are allowed five free cash withdrawals in a month
(B) Use of electronic payment channels is cash free for BSBDA account holders
(C) No initial deposit is required to start BSBDA account
(D) There is no requirement to maintain a minimum balance in BSBDA account
(E) Deposit or collection of cheques is not allowed in BSBDA account (Ans : E)
11. A collection of non-bank financial intermediaries that provide services similar to traditional commercial banks is known as–
(A) Off-shore banking (B) Investment banking system (C) Shadow banking system
(D) Conventional banking (E) Merchant banking system (Ans : C)
12. According to Reserve Bank of India regulations, 'Universal Banks' are permitted to pick up stake in 'Payment Banks' up to–
(A) 35 per cent (B) 25 per cent (C) 20 per cent (D) 40 per cent (E) 30 per cent (Ans : E)
13. Dr. Urjit Patel has recently (January 2016) been re-appointed for a term of three years as–
(A) Deputy Chairman of the NITI Aayog (B) Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India
(C) Chief Economic Advisor to the Government of India (D) Finance Secretary of the Government of India
(E) Executive Director of the Reserve Bank of India (Ans : B)
14. The Union Cabinet has recently (January, 2016) given approval for the creation of Credit Guarantee Fund for MUDRA Units (CQMU) for guaranteeing loans sanctioned under–
(A) PMKSY (B) PMGSY (C) PMMY (D) PMRY (E) PMVY (Ans : C)
15. The Union Government has recently launched Ganga Gram Yojana to develop 1600 villages along the banks of River Ganga in the Indian state of–
(A) Uttar Pradesh (B) West Bengal (C) Uttarakhand (D) Bihar (E) Himachal Pradesh (Ans : A)
16. The 'Stand Up India' is aimed at promoting entrepreneurship among women and scheduled castes and tribes. The bank loans under the scheme shall be referenced to–
(A) SIDBI (B) NABARD (C) RBI (D) MUDRA (E) DRDA (Ans : A)
17. The first Indian state to take public private partnership projects for redevelopment of slums in urban areas under the recently launched Prime Minister's Awas Yojana (PMAY) is–
(A) Maharashtra (B) Odisha (C) Goa (D) Bihar (E) Gujarat (Ans : E)
18. United Nations General Assembly has decided to observe 20th February every year as the–
(A) World Radio Day (B) World Cancer Day (C) World Consumer Rights Day
(D) World Kidney Day (E) World Day of Social Justice (Ans : E)
19. The national apency mandated to control, analyse and disseminate Suspicious Transaction Reports (STR), Cash Transaction Reports and counterfeit currency reports to various investigative agencies of the country after receiving it from banks and other financial intermediaries is–
(A) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) (B) Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) (C) Intelligence Bureau (IB)
(D) Central Bureau of Investigations (CBI) (E) Central Intelligence Unit (CIU) (Ans : B)
20. According to RBI guidelines, the term 'bulk deposit' is used for single rupee term deposit of–
(A) Rs. 1 crore and above (B) Rs. 25 lac and above (C) Rs. 75 lac and above
(D) Rs. 50 lac and above (E) Rs. 15 lac and above (Ans : A)
21. With effect from January, 2016, it is necessary to give the Permanent Account Number (PAN) for purchase of prepaid costs amounting to–
(A) Rs. 25,500 or more in a year (B) Rs. 35,000 or more in a year (C) Rs. 50,000 or more in a year
(D) Rs. 30,000 or more in a year (E) Rs. 45,000 or more in a year (Ans : C)
22. The New Bank of India was nationalised in the year 1980. Later in 1993, it was merged with another public sector bank–
(A) Bank of India (B) Central Bank of India (C) Bank of Baroda
(D) Punjab National Bank (E) State Bank of India (Ans : D)
23. Who explained the importance of time element in price determi- nation for the first time ?
(A) Chamberlin (B) Mrs. John Robinson (C) Stigler (D) Marshall (E) Allen Janis (Ans : D)
24. PMMY aims to fund the non-ferm micro units in manufacturing trading and services with maximum credit up to–
(A) Rs. 15 lac (B) Rs. 20 lac (C) Rs. 18 lac (D) Rs. 10 lac (E) Rs. 21 lac (Ans : D)
25. 'Lima' is the capital and the largest city of–
(A) Mexico (B) Venezuela (C) Peru (D) Brazil (E) Kuwait (Ans : C)
26. Balphakram National Park is situated in the Indian state of–
(A) Arunachal Pradesh (B) Meghalaya (C) Assam (D) Manipur (E) Tripura (Ans : B)
27. Mumbai's wonder boy 'Pranav Dhauwade' is associated with the game of–
(A) Basketball (B) Hockey (C) Cricket (D) Tennis (E) Football (Ans : C)
28. The Financial Sector Legislative Reforms Committee (FSLRC) set up by Government of India was launched by–
(A) Justice Ajit Paswal (B) Justice PN Narsimha (C) Justice B. N. Srikrishna (D) justice Sarkaria (E) Justice Sikari (Ans : C)
29. Which Union ministry of India recently launched India Aspiration Fund (IAF) and SMILE scheme to aid small enterprises?
(A) Ministry of Agriculture (B) Ministry of Finance (C) Ministry of Communications and Information Technology
(D) Ministry of Human Resource Development (E) Ministry of Broadcasting (Ans : B)
30. How many entities has been granted by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to set up Payments Banks, recently?
(A) 14 (B) 13 (C) 12 (D) 11 (E) 15 (Ans : D)
31. IT giant Wipro has appointed which of the following as its new CEO?
(A) Ireen Vittal (B) Rishad Premji (C) Abidali Neemuchwala (D) T. K. Kurein (E) None of these (Ans : C)
32. 2015 Costa Novel Prize conferred on which author for 'A God in Ruins' ?
(A) Andrea Wulf (B) Kate Atkinson (C) Don Paterson (D) Frances Hardinge (E) Kamaljit Roy (Ans : B)
33. Ministry of Urban development has approved the Atal Mission Plans for which of the following states?
(A) Jharkhand and Kerala (B) Punjab and Haryana (C) Uttarakhand and Bihar
(D) Punjab and Uttarakhand (E) Punjab and Madhya Pradesh (Ans : D)
34. As per organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) what will be the expected growth of Indian economy in 2015-16 and 2016-17 respectively?
(A) 7.2% and 7.4% (B) 7.2% and 7.3% (C) 7.4% and 7.3% (D) 7.3% and 7.4% (E) 7.1% and 7.2% (Ans : D)
35. Krona is the currency of which of the following country ?
(A) Spain (B) France (C) Switzerland (D) Sweden (E) Germany (Ans : D)
36. RBI has announced to list Bandhan Bank under which type of bank category ?
(A) Co-operative Bank (B) Scheduled Bank (C) Development Bank
(D) Exchange Bank (E) Commercial Bank (Ans : E)
37. The 21st edition of International Conference on frontiers in Yoga Research and its Applications (INCOFYRA) was recently (January 2016) held in the Indian state of–
(A) Madhya Pradesh (B) Andhra Pradesh (C) Uttar Pradesh (D) Karnataka (E) Maharashtra (Ans : D)
38. The Reserve Bank of India Governor Dr. Raghuram Rajan has recently (January, 2016) been conferred with the Central Banker of the Year Award (Global and Asia Pacific) for 2016 by The Banker, a monthly publication of The–
(A) Washington Post (B) Indian Express Group (C) Financial Times Group
(D) Hindu Group Publications (E) Bennett Coleman and Company Limited (Ans : C)
39. The third edition of the series of bilateral exercises 'Shakti-2016' were recently (January, 2016) held in the Mahajan Field Firing Range of Rajasthan by the joint military teams of India and–
(A) China (B) Russia (C) France (D) Japan (E) Nepal (Ans : C)
40. 'Smart Vault' a fully automated locker available which uses robotic technology to access lockers from the safe vault has recently (August, 2015) been launched by–
(A) HDFC Bank (B) AXIS Bank (C) IDBI Bank. (D) ICICI Bank (E) State Bank of India (Ans : D)