Assam General Knowledge Questions and Answers
We have compiled some important frequently asked questions related to Assam GK with Answers–
1. Which is the capital of Assam?
(A) Silchar (B) Dispur (C) Jorhat (D) Dibrugarh (Ans : B)
2. When did the British annex Assam?
(A) 1772 (B) 1786 (C) 1805 (D) 1826 (Ans : D)
3. Which state is to the north of Assam?
(A) Tripura (B) Manipur (C) Meghalaya (D) Arunachal Pradesh (Ans : D)
4. Which country is to the west of Assam?
(A) Burma (B) Cambodia (C) Bangladesh (D) Spain (Ans : C)
5. Which is the highest point in Assam?
(A) Chenghehishon (B) Guru Peak (C) Doda Betta (D) Himagiri (Ans : A)
6. Which district was separated from Assam and given to Pakistan in 1947?
(A) Chittagong (B) Khulna (C) Sylhet (D) Sholashahar (Ans : C)
7. Which state was separated from Assam in 1963?
(A) Nagaland (B) Meghalaya (C) Tripura (D) Manipur (Ans : A)
8. When was Mizoram separated from Assam?
(A) 1954 (B) 1972 (C) 1948 (D) 1964 (Ans : B)
9. Which one was the first capital of Ahom Kingdom in Assam–
(A) Garhgaon (B) Charaideo (C) Jorhat (D) Sivsagar (Ans : B)
10. How was Assam formerly known?
(A) Vanga (B) Kamarupa (C) Anga (D) Vaishali (Ans : B)
11. In addition to Assamese, which other language from the State is included in the Eight Schedule of the Indian Constitution–
(A) Mishing (B) Rabha (C) Tiwa (D) Bodo (Ans : D)
12. Gibon Wild Life Sanctury is located at–
(A) Guwahati (B) Golaghat (C) Jorhat (D) Tinsukia (Ans : C)
13. The Guwahati Tea Auction was establishment in the year–
(A) 1998 (B) 1970 (C) 1959 (D) 1988 (Ans : B)
14. Which town is also known as Manchester of Assam–
(A) Jorhat (B) Guwahati (C) Sualkuchi (D) Tezpur (Ans : C)
15. The Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited Industry is located at–
(A) Makum (B) Guwahati (C) Lepetkata (D) Jorhat (Ans : C)
16. Guwahati University was established in the year–
(A) 1935 (B) 1942 (C) 1948 (D) 1959 (Ans : C)
17. Total Number of Parliamentary constituency in Assam–
(A) 12 (B) 13 (C) 14 (D) 16 (Ans : C)
18. Lakshminath Bezbarua is honored with Rasaraj by Assam Sahitya Sabha in the Year–
(A) 1917 (B) 1922 (C) 1928 (D) 1931 (Ans : D)
19. Namghosa was written by–
(A) Sankardev (B) Madhabdev (C) Madhav Kandali (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
20. Halodhiya Choraye Baodhan Khai was Directed by–
(A) Bhabendra Natha Saikia (B) Rajkumar da (C) Jahnu Barua (D) Pabitra Magherita (Ans : C)
21. In which year Gopinath Bordoloi was arrested for taking part in the freedom movement–
(A) 1915 (B) 1918 (C) 1920 (D) 1922 (Ans : D)
22. Which Language is used by Sankardev to Written Borageets??
(A) Assamese (B) Bengali (C) Beajavali (D) Sanskrit (Ans : C)
23. Which Wildlife Sanctuary of Assam boasts of the golden langur–
(A) Pani Dihing (B) Pobitora (C) Laokhowa (D) Chakrashila
(Ans : D)
24. The first Peasant Uprising against the British was known as–
(A) Phulaguri Dhawa (B) Patharughat Raijmel (C) Battle of Itakhuli (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
25. The area of Kaziranga National Park is approximately–
(A) 430 sq. km (B) 500 sq. km (C) 390 sq. km (D) 720 sq. km (Ans : A)
26. About 91% of world population of a particular animal species found in Kaziranga National Park is which one of the following–
(A) Asian hog deer (B) Pygmy hog (C) Asiatic wild buffalo (D) Sangai deer (Ans : B)
27. Of the total production of Muga, the Golden Silk, in the world, Assam produces–
(A) 69% (B) 79% (C) 89% (D) 99% (Ans : D)
28. In which of the following National Parks/Wildlife Sanctuaries, the density of rhino population is the highest–
(A) Manas (B) Kaziranga (C) Pobitora (D) Nameri (Ans : C)
29. The highest concentration of forest in the State of Assam occurs in–
(A) Karbi Anglong district (B) Dima Hasao district (C) Goalpara district (D) Dhubri district (Ans : A)
30. Pani Dihing Bird Sanctuary is located in which one of the following districts–
(A) Jorhat (B) Sivasagar (C) Golaghat (D) Dhemaji (Ans : B)
31. Who was the first martyr of 1942 Revolution in Assam–
(A) Kanaklata Barua (B) Kamala Miri (C) Kushal Konwar (D) Maniram Dewan (Ans : A)
32. The Treaty of Yandaboo signed between East India Company and which one of the following–
(A) Ahom King (B) King of Burma (C) Kachari King (D) Chutiya King (Ans : B)
33. The rank of Assam in literacy among the States of India is–
(A) 9th (B) 12th (C) 16th (D) 26th (Ans : D)
34. The first phase of Moamoria Rebellion was started in–
(A) 1749 (B) 1759 (C) 1769 (D) 1779 (Ans : C)