Sociology Quiz1. Who has formulated the 'Sub-cultural theory' of urbanization?
(A) Fisher (B) Burgess (C) Wirth (D) Weber See Answer:
2. The term social control was first used by–
(A) Merton (B) Sumner (C) Davis (D) Ross See Answer:
3. Who has defined that "By social change is meant only such alter-nations as occur in social organisation–that is the structure and function of society" ?
(A) Ginsberg (B) Davis (C) Gillin and Gillin (D) MacIver and Page See Answer:
4. Who has propounded the theory of 'Challenge and Response' ?
(A) Toynbee (B) Sorokin (C) Pareto (D) Spengler See Answer:
5. Human Development includes–
(A) Life expectancy (B) Literacy level (C) Satisfactory per capita income (D) All the above See Answer:
6. Who wrote the book 'Karma Yoga' ?
(A) Radhakrishnan (B) Bhagwan Das (C) M.K. Gandhi (D) Vivekanand See Answer:
7. Caste system is based on–
(A) Dharma (B) Karm (C) Birth (D) Social organization See Answer:
8. Who made the distinction between 'achieved status' and 'ascribed status' ?
(A) Linton (B) MacIver (C) Simmel (D) Le Bon See Answer:
9. Who wrote the book 'Social Order' ?
(A) T. Parsons (B) R. Bierstedt (C) R.K. Merton (D) K. Davis See Answer:
10. Which one of the following is a function of social stratification?
(A) Social recognition (B) To provide social knowledge (C) Social integration (D) To increase social distance See Answer:
11. Which one of the following terms has not been used by Veblen in his theory of social change?
(A) Instinct of workmanship (B) Technological techniques (C) Mode of Production (D) Habit and thought See Answer:
12. Who wrote the book 'The Science of Culture' ?
(A) Malinowski (B) Tylor (C) L.A. White (D) P.A. Sorokin See Answer:
13. Who said, "Class is synonymous with caste or tribe so far as Hindus are concerned" ?
(A) L.G. Havanur (B) Andre Beteille (C) Dandekar (D) Ghurye See Answer:
14. Who gave the concept of 'Sacred Society' ?
(A) K. Marx (B) H. Spencer (C) E. Durkheim (D) R.E. Park See Answer:
15. Which of the following does not fall under the category of community disorganisation ?
(A) Divorce (B) Poverty (C) Unemployment (D) Corruption See Answer:
16. Who wrote the book 'Planned Economy for India' ?
(A) Mahalanobis (B) V.K.R.V. Rao (C) M. Visvesarayya (D) G.L. Nanda See Answer:
17. Who defined tribe as a 'group of people with common culture' ?
(A) Malinowski (B) Koreber (C) R. Brown (D) Benedict See Answer:
18. When the Planning Commission was formed in India?
(A) 1951 A.D. (B) 1937 A.D. (C) 1934 A.D. (D) 1950 A.D. See Answer:
19. How many castes were included in the list of OBC by the Mandal Commission?
(A) 3437 (B) 3545 (C) 2823 (D) 3235 See Answer:
20. Which is generally the basis of political organization in simple societies?
(A) Religion (B) Kinship (C) Mores (D) Folkways See Answer: