Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission (UPSSSC)
Combined Lower Subordinate Service 2 Exam 2015
General Awareness Solved Paper (Exam Held on : March 6, 2016)1. First International Yoga Divas was celebrated on–
(a) July 2, 2015 (b) June 21, 2015 (c) July 1, 2015 (d) July 14, 2015 (Ans : b)
2. The official bird of Uttar Pradesh is–
(a) Peacock (b) Saras (c) Parrot (d) Cuckoo (Ans : b)
3. Which one of the following is not a constitutional body?
(a) Union Public Service Commission (b) State Public Service Commission (c) Finance Commission (d) Planning Commission (Ans : d)
4. Who published 'Indu Prakash' in 1962?
(a) Justice Ranade (b) VN Mandlik (c) Navjeevan Chandra Roy (d) None of the above (Ans : d)
5. Dr. Bheem Rao Ambedkar Museum and library is situated in–
(a) Rampur (b) Agra (c) Lucknow (d) Kanpur (Ans : c)
6. The birth place of Amir Khusro is–
(a) Etah (b) Kasganj (c) Kannauj (d) Lucknow (Ans : a)
7. Which belongs to hardware in computer?
(a) C+++ (b) Windows 7 (c) CD ROM (d) None of these(Ans : c)
8. 'ALU' stands for–
(a) Algebraic Logic Unit (b) Algorithmic Logic Unit (c) Arithmetic Logic Unit (d) None of the above (Ans : c)
9. The new High Courts are–
(a) Meghalaya, Assam, Nagaland (b) Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura
(c) Mizoram, Meghalaya, Tripura (d) Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh (Ans : b)
10. The only State of India, where common civil code provision is applicable–
(a) Goa (b) Jammu & Kashmir (c) Kerala (d) Assam (Ans : a)
11. Who was the Chief Guest of Republic Day 2016 ceremony?
(a) Francois Hollande (b) Barak Obama (c) Shinzo Abe (d) None of these (Ans : a)
12. Who is the founder of computer?
(a) Herman Hollerith (b) Bill Gates (c) Newton (d) Charles Babbage (Ans : d)
13. The minimum age required to become a member of Rajya Sabha is–
(a) 21 years (b) 25 years (c) 30 years (d) 35 years (Ans : d)
14. The NABARD was established in which year?
(a) 1970 (b) 1975 (c) 1977 (d) 1982 (Ans : d)
15. Who among the following was the first Nawab of Awadh?
(a) Asaf-ud-daula (b) Saadat Khan (c) Shuja-ud-daula (d) Safdarjung (Ans : b)
16. The World Environment Day is celebrated on–
(a) June 5 (b) December 1 (c) November 14 (d) August 15 (Ans : a)
17. 'The Turbulent Years: 1980-1996' is written by–
(a) Pranab Mukherjee (b) Kailash Satyarthi (c) Dr. KK Mohammad' (d) Kenneth Baker (Ans : a)
18. Who was 'Man of the Series' in test series played in December, 2015 between India and South Africa?
(a) AB de Villiers (b) Hashim Amla (c) Ravichandran Ashwin (d) Virat Kohli (Ans : c)
19. How many women members were in Indian Constitutional Assembly?
(a) 12 (b) 13 (c) 15 (d) 17 (Ans : c)
20. Lion Safari in Uttar Pradesh is situated at–
(a) Kannauj (b) Lucknow (c) Noida (d) Etawah (Ans : d)
21. Famous Charkula dance is associated with–
(a) Avadh (b) Bundelkhand (c) Brijbhumi (d) Rohilkhand (Ans : c)
22. Which one of the following is the primary sector of India's economy?
(a) Agriculture (b) Industry (c) Cooperative (d) None of these (Ans : a)
23. Who was the Chairman of 7th Pay Commission?
(a) Arvind Panagariya (b) Ashok Kumar Roy (c) Ashok Kumar Mathur (d) Anil Sinha (Ans : c)
24. Export-Import (EXIM) bank was set-up in the year–
(a) 1981 (b) 1982 (c) 1985 (d) 1989 (Ans : b)
25. Who is the first Indian woman to win an Asian Games gold in 400 m run?
(a) ML Valsamma (b) PT Usha (c) Kamaljit Sandhu (d) K. Malleshwari (Ans : c)
26. The first meeting of the SAARC was held in–
(a) Dhaka (Bangladesh) (b) Bengaluru (India) (c) Kathmandu (Nepal) (d) Islamabad (Pakistan) (Ans : a)
27. Which of the following countries won the 'Davis Cup' 2015?
(a) Belgium (b) Japan (c) Russia (d) Great Britain (Ans : d)
28. Which is the first District Court in country that is fully powered by solar energy?
(a) Jalaun (b) Khunti (c) Jaipur (d) Bengaluru (Ans : b)
29. Who adopted' the policy of 'Iron and Blood'?
(a) Balban (b) Allauddin Khilji (c) Mohd. bin Tughlak (d) Babur (Ans : a)
30. Tipu Sultan was the ruler of–
(a) Hyderabad (b) Madurai (c) Mysore (d) Vijaynagar (Ans : c)
31. The 52nd Amendment to the Constitution of India deals with–
(a) defection (b) reservation (c) election (d) protection of the minorities (Ans : a)
32. Who wrote the famous song 'Saare Jahan Se Achcha Hindostan Hamara'?
(a) Sahir Ludhianvi (b) Sayyad Ahmed Khan (c) Muhammad Iqbal (d) Bahadur Shah Zafar (Ans : c)
33. Palli Movement is related to–
(a) Orissa (b) Tamil Nadu (c) Maharashtra (d) Gujarat (Ans : b)
34. Where is 'Bharat Kala Bhavan' situated?
(a) Lucknow (b) Varanasi (c) Allahabad (d) Agra (Ans : b)
35. First National Human Development Report was issued in–
(a) 2001 (b) 2002 (c) 2009 (d) 2007 (Ans : b)
36. Who won 2016 Australian Open Title of Tennis in the women's singles category?
(a) Steffi Graf (b) Angelique Kerber (c) Serena Williams (d) Jamie Murray (Ans : b)
37. The biggest inscription in Ashoka's main inscriptions is–
(a) 11th (b) 12th (c) 13th (d) 14th (Ans : c)
38. The State where there is no Regional Rural Bank–
(a) Sikkim (b) Manipur (c) J&K (d) Nagaland (Ans : a)
39. Sex ratio in Uttar Pradesh, according to Census 2011 is–
(a) 898 (b) 910 (c) 912 (d) 920 (Ans : a)
40. The smallest country of the world is–
(a) Nepal (b) Vatican City (c) Maldives (d) Sri Lanka (Ans : b)
41. In Indus civilisation, residual of horse bones were founded in–
(a) Banwali (b) Chanhudaro (c) Sutkagandor (d) Surkotada (Ans : d)
42. Grenada is situated in–
(a) Arabian Sea (b) Caribbean Sea (c) China Sea (d) None of these (Ans : b)
43. In the second nationalisation of commercial banks, …… banks were nationalized.
(a) 4 (b) 5 (c) 6 (d) 8 (Ans : c)
44. Which one is artificial port?
(a) Chennai (b) Vishakhapatnam (c) Mumbai (d) None of these (Ans : a)
45. Literary award Bharat Bharti 2014 has been given to–
(a) Uday Pratap Singh (b) Gopal Das 'Neeraj' (c) Radha Govind Pathak (d) Kashinath Singh (Ans : d)
46. The island known as 'The Land of Golden Fleece' is–
(a) Europe (b) Asia (c) Africa (d) Australia (Ans : d)
47. Which of the following is the classical dance of Uttar Pradesh?
(a) Kathakali (b) Bhangra (c) Kathak (d) Kuchipudi (Ans : c)
48. Which country does not exist in BRICS?
(a) South Africa (b) India (c) Russia (d) Bangladesh (Ans : d)
49. Which committee recommended for three-tier Panchayat system?
(a) Ashok Mehta (b) LM Singhvi (c) Dinesh Goswami (b) Balwant Ray Mehta (Ans : d)
50. HRIDAY scheme is related to–
(a) human body (b) science and technology (c) digital talent (d) national heritage development (Ans : d)