Uttar Pradseh Assistant Prosecution Officer (Pre. ) Exam., 2015
General Knowledge (Part-I) Solved Paper (Held on : 26-7-2015)
1. Who among the following has recently been appointed a new Central Vigilance Commissioner?
(A) T. M. Bhasin (B) K.V. Chaudhary (C) Pradeep Kumar (D) None of the above (Ans : B)
2. Which one of the following was the host country for the World Environment Day (WED) 2015 ?
(A) Brazil (B) Italy (C) China (D) Australia (Ans : B)
3. Which one of the following countries has recently decided to discard its virtually worthless national currency?
(A) South Africa (B) Kenya (C) Sudan (D) Zimbabwe (Ans : D)
See Part-II : Law Questions with Answers
4. In which one of the following countries the 16th World Sanskrit Conference was held ?
(A) Nepal (B) Thailand (C) Bhutan (D) Bahrain (Ans : B)
5. Who among the following Indian mathematicians invented metric system?
(A) Aryabhatta (B) Pingala (C) Gargi (D) Bhaskar (Ans : A)
6. Who among the following rishis composed Gayatri Mantra?
(A) Vashistha (B) Vishwamitra (C) Bhrigu (D) Gargi (Ans : B)
7. Who among the following added the doctrine of 'Brahmacharya' in Jainism?
(A) Parshvanath (B) Neminath (C) Mahavir (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
8. Which one of the following is not mentioned in Rigveda ?
(A) Janapad (B) Jana (C) Grama (D) Kula (Ans : A)
9. In which of the following jails, Rajendra Laheri was hanged?
(A) Faizabad (B) Gorakhpur (C) Gonda (D) Lucknow (Ans : C)
10. Who among the following first used the term 'Swaraj' ?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi (B) Dadabhai Naoroji (C) Bal Gangadhar Tilak (D) Gopal Krishna Gokhale (Ans : B)
11. 'Gadar' newspaper was published from–
(A) France (B) Germany (C) America (D) England (Ans : C)
12. Who among the following was the President of the Indian National Congress on 15th August, 1947?
(A) Jawaharlal Nehru (B) Dr. Rajendra Prasad (C) J. B. Kriplani (D) Abul Kalam Azad (Ans : C)
13. The word 'Satyagrah' was given by–
(A) Mahatma Gandhi (B) Maganlal Gandhi (C) Devadas Gandhi (D) Kasturba Gandhi (Ans : B)
14. The first Governor General of India was appointed in–
(A) 1774 (B) 1833 (C) 1858 (D) 1911 (Ans : A)
15. The newspaper brought out by Bal Gangadhar Tilak to promote nationalism was–
(A) Yugantar (B) Kesari (C) Deshbhakti (D) Kranti (Ans : B)
16. Who among the following gave 'Inquilab Zindabad' slogan?
(A) Iqbal (B) M. K. Gandhi (C) Bhagat Singh (D) S.C. Bose (Ans : A)
17. Who among the following was the first Indian to get selected in I.C.S. (Indian Civil Services) ?
(A) Satyendra Nath Tagore (B) Sarojini Naidu (C) Lala Lajpat Rai (D) C.R. Das (Ans : A)
18. The Moti Masjid in Agra was built during whose reign?
(A) Humayun (B) Shahjahan (C) Aurangzeb (D) Shah Alam II (Ans : B)
19. The revenue system during Akbar's reign was in the hands of–
(A) Bairam Khan (B) Mansingh (C) Birbal (D) Todarmal (Ans : D)
20. Who among the following first used the word 'Renaissance' ?
(A) Mechelet (B) Dante (C) Thomas Acquinas (D) Kant (Ans : A)
21. The 'Renaissance' is based on which one of the following concepts?
(A) God is the centre of the Universe (B) Pope is the centre of the Universe
(C) Man is the centre of the Universe (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
22. In which year, the two words 'Socialist' and 'Secular' were added to the Preamble of the Indian Constitution?
(A) 1976 (B) 1977 (C) 1978 (D) 1979 (Ans : A)
23. According to the Constitution of India which among the following is empowered to establish the new States?
(A) President (B) Parliament (C) Supreme Court (D) Cabinet (Ans : B)
24. In India, the Prime Minister is–
(A) Elected (B) Selected (C) Nominated (D) Appointed (Ans : D)
25. According to the Constitution of India which one of the following is supreme?
(A) The President (B) The Supreme Court (C) The Parliament (D) The Constitution (Ans : D)
26. To whom among the following will the Lokayukta of Uttar Pradesh address his resignation letter?
(A) Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh (B) Governor of Uttar Pradesh
(C) Chief Justice of High Court (D) Speaker of Vidhan Sabha (Ans : B)
27. Who among the following is often described as the father of Indian I.T. sector?
(A) N. R. Narayan Murthy (B) Tata Jamshedji (C) Lalit Modi (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
28. A Judge of Supreme Court may resign his office by writing a letter to–
(A) The Chief Justice of India (B) The President (C) The Prime Minister (D) The Law Minister (Ans : B)
29. The largest coffee producing country of the world in 2013 is–
(A) Ethiopia (B) Mexico (C) Vietnam (D) Brazil (Ans : D)
30. Which of the following Indian States does not border Bangladesh?
(A) Assam (B) Meghalaya (C) Manipur (D) Tripura (Ans : C)
31. The largest gold producing country of the world in 2011 is–
(A) United States of America (B) Australia (C) China (D) South Africa (Ans : C)
32. The largest island of the world in area is–
(A) Coco (B) Madagascar (C) Greenland (D) Canary (Ans : C)
33. Aswan High-Dam has been built on which of the following rivers?
(A) Columbia river (B) Danube river (C) Nile river (D) Irrawadi river
(Ans : C)
34. Which one among the following countries had the largest population in 2014 ?
(A) Russian Federation (B) Bangladesh (C) Japan (D) Mexico (Ans : B)
35. Which one of the following countries is the second largest country of the world in terms of geo- graphical area?
(A) China (B) Canada (C) Australia (D) United States (Ans : B)
36. The full form of ISRO is–
(A) Indian Statistical Record Organization (B) Indian Scientific Research Organization
(C) Indian Spice Research Organization (D) Indian Space Research Organization (Ans : D)
37. Which one of the following compounds does not occur in tea leaves?
(A) Atropine (B) Theine (C) Theobromine (D) Theophylline (Ans : A)
38. Which one of the following substances is the richest source of Vitamin A ?
(A) Yeast (B) Cheese (C) Golden rice (D) Orange (Ans : C)
39. Which one of the following is called white gold?
(A) Mercury (B) Platinum (C) Petroleum (D) None of the above (Ans : B)
40. Till June 2015, how many times the nuclear weapons have been used in warfare ?
(A) 05 (B) 04 (C) 03 (D) 02 (Ans : D)
41. Which one of the following is known as red planet?
(A) Moon (B) Jupiter (C) Saturn (D) Mars (Ans : D)
42. Which one of the following diseases is caused by virus?
(A) Diphtheria (B) Malaria (C) Cholera (D) Hepatitis (Ans : D)
43. 'Micas' is a new technique used for–
(A) Angioplasty (B) By-pass surgery (C) Knee replacement surgery (D) Brain surgery (Ans : B)
44. The first stem-cell bank of India has been opened in–
(A) Kolkata (B) New Delhi (C) Chennai (D) Hyderabad (Ans : C)
45. Which one of the following typhoons hit South China's Hainan province?
(A) Katrina (B) Hud-Hud (C) Kujira (D) Phylin (Ans : C)
46. Which Airport will be the first in India to get ground-based augmentation system?
(A) Ahmedabad Airport (B) Mumbai Airport (C) Chennai Airport (D) Varanasi Airport (Ans : C)
47. Who among the following has launched India's first air-conditioned DEMU train in Kochi ?
(A) Prime Minister (B) Railway Minister (C) Chief Minister of Kerala (D) Science and Technology Minister (Ans : B)
48. According to the Global Peace Index-2015, which one of the following is the most peaceful country?
(A) Brazil (B) Denmark (C) Iceland (D) Ireland (Ans : C)
49. According to the Global Peace Index-2015, which of the following is the least peaceful country ?
(A) Egypt (B) Pakistan (C) Iraq (D) Syria (Ans : D)
50. According to the Finance Ministry which one of the following states has the highest percapita debt?
(A) Goa (B) Mizoram (C) Sikkim (D) Himachal Pradesh (Ans : A)