1. Who was the first Governor General of Bengal?
(A) Warren Hastings (B) Mountbatten (C) Lord Cornwallis (D) Lord Ripon (Ans : A)
2. Announcement of Cabinet Commission was done in the year–
(A) 1940 (B) 1942 (C) 1935 (D) 1946 (Ans : D)
3. Where is the Headquarter of Tea Board located?
(A) Bangalore (B) Kochi (C) Kolkata (D) Darjeeling (Ans : C)
4. Security Paper Press, established in 1967-68, is at which of the following cities?
(A) Mumbai (B) Sagar (C) Hoshangabad (D) Surat (Ans : C)
5. Which one of the following is the oldest mountain range in India ?
(A) Western Ghats (B) Aravalis (C) Nilgiri (D) Satpura (Ans : B)
6. The highest peak of Eastern Ghat is–
(A) Anamudai (B) Gurushikhar (C) Dhupgarh (D) Mahendragiri (Ans : D)
7. Diamond and graphite are–
(A) isomers (B) polymers (C) allotropes (D) coke (Ans : C)
8. Who was considered as an 'Architect of Mumbai' ?
(A) M.G. Ranade (B) Dadabhai Naoroji (C) Bhau Daji Lad (D) Nana Shankarsheth (Ans : D)
9. Human Respiratory System starts with–
(A) mouth (B) larynx (C) lungs (D) nostrils (Ans : D)
10. The digested food is absorbed by the…… in the small intestine.
(A) Glycogen (B) Villi (C) Bile (D) None of these (Ans : B)
11. Darjeeling hill station is in which state?
(A) Sikkim (B) West Bengal (C) Assam (D) Arunachal Pradesh (Ans : B)
12. Which, among the following, is known as the "Pearl City" ?
(A) Chennai (B) Kochi (C) Bangalore (D) Hyderabad (Ans : D)
13. National Institute of Animal Health is located at–
(A) Baghpat (B) Kamal (C) Sawai Madhopur (D) Chennai (Ans : A)
14. 'Shalimar Bag' garden is located at–
(A) New Delhi (B) Srinagar (C) Jammu (D) Lucknow (Ans : B)
15. Long intestine is found in…… animals–
(A) carnivore (B) herbivore (C) aqueous (D) None of these (Ans : B)
16. Wankhede stadium is situated at–
(A) Delhi (B) Chennai (C) Mumbai (D) Nagpur (Ans : C)
17. Geet Sethi is associated with which game?
(A) Badminton (B) Billiards (C) Lawn Tennis (D) Cricket (Ans : B)
18. What is Gulf stream?
(A) A cold current in the Atlantic Ocean (B) A cold current in the Pacific Ocean
(C) A warm current in the Atlantic Ocean (D) A warm current in the Pacific Ocean (Ans : C)
19. 'Shlok', the form of composition was started by which of the following saint poets?
(A) Tukaram (B) Janabai (C) Ramdas (D) None of these (Ans : D)
20. Where is shore based steel plant located?
(A) Goa (B) Surat (C) Vishakhapattnam (D) Delhi (Ans : C)
21. Pirpanjal Range is in which of the following?
(A) Himachal Pradesh (B) Uttarakhand (C) Nepal (D) Jammu and Kashmir (Ans : D)
22. The animal who can consume more salt among the following is–
(A) Sheep (B) Donkey (C) Camel (D) Lion (Ans : C)
23. Iron ore is found in which of the following states?
(A) Goa (B) Rajasthan (C) Uttar Pradesh (D) Kerala (Ans : A)
24. Who was the Governor General at the time when Rajaji Formula was presented?
(A) Lord Irwin (B) Lord Wavell (C) Lord Mountbatten (D) C. Rajagopalachari (Ans : B)
25. Kiev is the capital of which country?
(A) Russia (B) Austria (C) Ukraine (D) Tajikistan (Ans : C)
26. In Maharashtra, wind energy plant is erected at which of the following places?
(A) Chandrapur (B) Satara (C) Pune (D) Mumbai (Ans : B)
27. The term 'Gambit' is associated with which game?
(A) Lawn Tennis (B) Cricket (C) Baketball (D) Chess (Ans : D)
28. Subhash Chandra Bose went to which among the following countries for garnering the support for the Indian National Army?
(A) USA (B) England (C) Australia (D) Japan (Ans : D)
29. Who, among the following is not a politician?
(A) J. Jayalalita (B) Manmohan Singh (C) Anna Hazare (D) I. K. Gujral (Ans : C)
30. Kakarapara irrigation project is on which river?
(A) Narmada (B) Tapti (C) Krishna (D) Godavari (Ans : B)
31. What was the Rigveda time name of City of Kabul?
(A) Krumu (B) Kubha (C) Gumal (D) Vipas (Ans : B)
32. Which of the following is land locked state?
(A) Gujarat (B) Andhra Pradesh (C) Madhya Pradesh (D) Kerala (Ans : C)
33. The largest exporter of wood pulp is–
(A) Finland (B) Canada (C) England (D) South Africa (Ans : B)
34. The molecular formula for ethene is–
(A) C2H4 (B) C2H6 (C) C3H8 (D) C2H2 (Ans : A)
35. The book, "Discovery of India", was written by–
(A) Mohan Lal Singh (B) Pandit Nehru (C) R. C. Dutt (D) Vivekanand (Ans : B)
36. Which Veda is a collection of Melodies?
(A) Atharvaveda (B) Yajurveda (C) Rigveda (D) Samveda (Ans : D)
37. Ethyl Alcohol is also called–
(A) isotope (B) spirit (C) laughing gas (D) None of these (Ans : B)
38. The velocity of wind is recorded by–
(A) Altimeter (B) Barometer (C) Anemometer (D) Aneroid barometer (Ans : C)
39. Who has written the book called 'Early History of Deccan' ?
(A) R. G. Bhandarkar (B) Krishnashastri Chiplunkar (C) M. G. Ranade (D) None of these (Ans : A)
40. Todarmal Bandobast was the land revenue system of–
(A) Akbar (B) Maharana Pratap (C) Raja Shivaji (D) Chandragupta Maurya (Ans : A)
41. Indian Statistical Institute is located at–
(A) Delhi (B) Kolkata (C) Sagar (D) Mumbai (Ans : B)
42. Narrower and small rivers is the speciality of–
(A) Himalayas (B) Eastern Ghats (C) Western Ghats (D) None of these (Ans : C)
43. The name Sahyadri is related to–
(A) A rain-bearing wind (B) Himalayan Peak (C) Cyclone (D) Western Ghats (Ans : D)
44. High blood pressure is called–
(A) hypertension (B) hyperthyroid (C) hyperactive (D) None of these (Ans : A)
45. Puna Pact between Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. B. R. Ambedkar was held in–
(A) 1928 (B) 1918 (C) 1932 (D) 1940 (Ans : C)
46. Aung San Suu Kyi is a native of–
(A) Nepal (B) China (C) Myanmar (D) Thailand (Ans : C)
47. Eleventh Five Year Plan corresponds to which of the following periods?
(A) 2004-09 (B) 2006-11 (C) 2007-12 (D) 2008-13 (Ans : C)
48. Which of the following metals has highest melting point?
(A) Iron (B) Silver (C) Steel (D) Tungusten (Ans : D)
49. World Population Day is observed on–
(A) 20th May (B) 6th March (C) 1st August (D) None of these (Ans : D)
50. Dharasana Satyagraha was led by–
(A) Pandit Nehru (B) Vinoba Bhave (C) Sarojini Naidu (D) Rashbehari Bose (Ans : C)
51. The chemical symbol of calcium is–
(A) C (B) K (C) Ca (D) Cl (Ans : C)
52. Under whose Viceroyship Hunter Commission on education was appointed ?
(A) Lord Lytton (B) Lord Curzon (C) Lord Dufferin (D) Lord Ripon (Ans : D)
53. Mandi irrigation project is on which river?
(A) Mahanadi (B) Rihand (C) Betwa (D) Beas (Ans : D)
54. M. Jinnah introduced his 14 points agenda in–
(A) 1920 (B) 1929 (C) 1935 (D) 1942 (Ans : B)
55. The College of Military Engineering is located at–
(A) Pune (B) Bangaiore (C) Dehradun (D) Nasik (Ans : A)
56. Which among the following is not the tributary of Indus River?
(A) Jheium (B) Chenab (C) Beas (D) Gandak (Ans : D)
57. The process of release of energy from the assimilated food is called–
(A) photosynthesis (B) digestion (C) excretion (D) respiration (Ans : D)
58. The capital of Rashtrakutas was at–
(A) Malkhed (B) Kolar (C) Malwa (D) Ujjain (Ans : A)
59. Bhopal gas Tragedy 1984, is related to which gas?
(A) Aluminium Phosphide (B) Methyl Bromide (C) Methyl Isocyanate (D) Carbon Dioxide (Ans : C)
60. The Konkan Railway connects–
(A) Goa – Mangalore (B) Roha – Mangalore (C) Kanyakumari – Mangalore (D) Kanyakumari – Mumbai (Ans : B)
61. In the Independence movement, which was also known as "Red Shirts" ?
(A) Home Rule League (B) Swadeshi Movement (C) Khilafat Movement (D) Khudai Khidmatgars (Ans : D)
62. Rauf is the most popular dance of which state?
(A) Arunachal Pradesh (B) Kerala (C) Tamil Nadu (D) Jammu and Kashmir (Ans : D)
63. World Environmental Day is observed on–
(A) 5th June (B) 22nd April (C) 4th December (D) 9th January (Ans : A)
64. What is meant by GPS ?
(A) Goods Processing System (B) Global Polar System (C) Geostationary Position Satellite (D) Global Positioning System (Ans : D)
65. Which of the following steel plants was started with the help of Germany?
(A) Rourkela (B) Bhilai (C) Durgapur (D) Bokaro(Ans : A)
66. The share of agriculture in employment in India during 2009-10 was…… %.
(A) 20 (B) 25 (C) 35 (D) 50 (Ans : D)
67. ……was the capital of Vajji Mahajanapada of Pre-Mauryan Period.
(A) Takshashila (B) Vaishali (C) Mathura (D) Champa (Ans : B)
68. Fourth Five Year Plan stared from the year–
(A) 1966 (B) 1967 (C) 1969 (D) 1971 (Ans : C)
69. The daily and annual range of temperature is maximum in the–
(A) Hot desert (B) Temperate grass (C) Savana grass (D) Equatorial region (Ans : A)
70. Shivsamudram fall is in which state?
(A) Karnataka (B) Tamil Nadu (C) Kerala (D) None of these (Ans : A)
71. V.V. Giri National Labour Institute is located at–
(A) Kolkata (B) Noida (C) Guwahati (D) Bhopal (Ans : B)
72. St. George Fort is located at–
(A) Kolkata (B) Kochi (C) Mumbai (D) Chennai (Ans : D)
73. Who was the Viceroy when division of Bengal was annulled ?
(A) Lord Minto (B) Lord Hardinge (C) Lord Curzon (D) None of these (Ans : B)
74. Jhum, a shifting cultivation is practised in–
(A) Assam (B) Kerala (C) West Bengal (D) Rajasthan (Ans : A)
75. Jute crop requires rainfall of about…… cm.
(A) 45 (B) 60 (C) 150 (D) 55 (Ans : C)
76. Which committee was appointed for rail modernisation ?
(A) Thorat Committee (B) Pitroda Committee (C) Patil Committee (D) Raghuram Rajan Committee (Ans : B)
77. Mahadeo hlns is in which of the following range?
(A) Eastern Ghats (B) Satpura (C) Aravali (D) Himalaya (Ans : B)
78. Diesel Locomotive Work is located at–
(A) Chennai (B) Bangalore (C) Hyderabad (D) Varanasi (Ans : D)
79. The Anaimudi peak of the mountain is located in which state?
(A) Kerala (B) Tamil Nadu (C) Kamataka (D) Andhra Pradesh (Ans : A)