PART – IV : COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE
1. What is not true about computer file ?
(a) File is a collection of data or information (b) Program file stores programs, where as text file store text
(c) All information stored in a computer must be a file (d) Computer file can be stored on different types of media cases
(e) A file size can be negative whole number of bytes upto a system limit (Ans : e)
2. The octal equivalent of the binary number 11010101110011112, is–
(a) 1521818 (b) 1527818 (c) 1531828 (d) 1527178 (e) None of these (Ans : d)
3. Which of the following is not about computer hardware?
(a) Monitor (b) Mouse (c) Speakers (d) ALU (e) All of these (Ans : e)
4. Which of the following are numeric data types?
(a) Array (b) Floating point (c) Fixed point (d) Only (b) and (c) (e) None of these (Ans : d)
5. Printed version of document is known, as–
(a) Hard Copy (b) Soft copy (c) Electronic copy (d) Only (a) and (b) (e) All of these (Ans : a)
6. Which of the following is not a software?
(a) ALU (b) Microsoft word (c) JSP (d) PHP (e) ASP.NET (Ans : a)
7. If you are stuck on a page of website on Internet explorer and you want to get the update frequently, what will you do ?
(a) Refresh button (b) Rewind button (c) Back button (d) Forward button (e) None of these (Ans : a)
8. Which of the following is not an output device?
(a) Monitors (b) Printers (c) Headphones (d) Projectors (e) Keyboard (Ans : e)
9. Main circuit of computer is known as–
(a) Central processing unit (b) Intel (c) Motherboard (d) RAM (e) ROM (Ans : c)
10. OLAP stands for–
(a) Over Lap Analytical-Processing (b) On-line Analytical Processing (c) On-line Logical Analytical Processing
(d) One Time Analytical Processing (e) None of these (Ans : b)
11. CD stands for–
(a) Compact Disk (b) Combo Disk (c) Comparative Disk (d) Computing Disk (e) None of these (Ans : a)
12. Which of the following is associated with Internet?
(a) Home page (b) Mouse (c) Digitizer (d) Dumb terminals (e) All of these (Ans : a)
13. The information of credit and debit card are stored on
(a) Magnetic strip card (b) Mega strip card (c) Magnetic information card
(d) Magnetic data card (e) None of these (Ans : a)
14. RAM stands for–
(a) Read Available Memory (b) Read Access Memory (c) Random Access Memory
(d) Read Antivirus Memory (e) All of these (Ans : c)
15. IT stands for–
(a) Information Television (b) Inter Telecommunication (c) Only (a) and (b)
(d) Information Theory (e) Information Technology (Ans : e)
16. ……….is an electronic device or a software the performs the composition, reading, formatting.
(a) Word processor (b) Word comprehension (c) Word vocabulary
(d) Comprehensive knowledge (e) None of these (Ans : a)
17. ……….is a method of exchanging digital message from an author to one or more recipients.
(a) Electronic document (b) Electronic mail (c) Electronic message
(d) Electronic letter (e) None of these (Ans : b)
18. The part of computer architecture which is related to programming, data types, instruction, registers, addressing modes is known as–
(a) Super computer (b) CPU (c) Mother board (d) Instruction set (e) All of these (Ans : d)
19. The process of carrying out command in the machine is known as–
(a) Executing (b) Scheduling (c) Processing (d) Only (a) and (c) (e) Only (b) and (c) (Ans : a)
20. The brain of any computer system is known as–
(a) ALU (b) Memory (c) CPU (d) Control Unit (e) None of these (Ans : c)
21. The time taken by a device to locate data and instructions and make them available to the CPU is known as–
(a) A processing cycle (b) Clock speed (c) CPU speed (d) Access time (e) All of these (Ans : a)
22. A Plastic card similar to a credit card but having some memory and a microprocessor embedded in it is–
(a) Punched paper tape (b) Chip card (c) Card Punch (d) Magnetic card (e) None of these (Ans : b)
23. Memory that cannot be processed directly by CPU is–
(a) Internal memory (b) Secondary memory (c) Cache memory (d) System memory (e) None of these (Ans : b)
24. Which statement is valid about interpreter?
(a) It translates one instruction at a time (b) Object code is saved for future use (c) Repeated instruction is not necessary
(d) Only (a) and (b) (e) All of these (Ans : a)
25. What type of program controls the various computer parts and allows the user to interact with the computer?
(a) Utility software (b) Operating system (c) Database program (d) Word processing software (e) All of these (Ans : a)
26. You organize files by storing them in–
(a) Archives (b) Folders (c) Indexes (d) Lists (e) None of these (Ans : b)
27. Editing document consists of testing through the document you've created them.
(a) Correcting the errors (b) Printing it (c) Saving it (d) Deleting it (e) None of these (Ans : a)
28. A ………. is a large scale electronic repository of data that is time-variant.
(a) data warehouse (b) data mine (c) knowledge based system (d) decision support system (e) None of these (Ans : a)
29. A ………. is a collection of computers and device connected together.
(a) Protocol (b) Memory card (c) Network (d) CPU (e) None of these (Ans : c)
30. A search engine is a program to search–
(a) for information (b) web pages (c) web pages for specified index terms
(d) web pages for information using specified search terms (e) None of these (Ans : d)