The Railway Recruitment Cell Group D Exam was conducted on 9 November 2014. The RRC Group D question paper contains 100 Questions (74 General Awareness and 26 Math) in various languages. These all questions will very helpful to you for the forthcoming RRB competitive exams and will increase your intelligence skills.
General Awareness Questions
1. Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu is NOT the Cabinet Minister of (as on 15 Oct., 2014)–
(a) Urban Development (b) Shipping (c) Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (d) Parliamentary Affairs (Ans : b)
2. Sushri Uma Bharati is NOT the Cabinet Minister of (as on 15 Oct. , 2014)–
(a) Water Resources (b) River Development (c) Drinking Water and Sanitation (d) Ganga Rejuvenation (Ans : c)
Also See : RRC Group D Exam Solved Mathematics Questions
3. Which Army was headed by Subhash Chandra Bose ?
(a) Indian National Army (b) Light Brigade (c) Foreign Legion (d) Bengal Regiment (Ans : a)
4. Among the following' which one is incorrectly matched ?
(1) National Pension Scheme- Contribution Pension System (2) National Literacy Mission Programme - Adult Education
(3) Midday Meal Scheme - Lunch to School Children
(4) Indira Awas Yojana - Free Housing Scheme to La- dies
(a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 4 (Ans : d)
5. Which of the following disease is NOT caused by Bacteria ?
(a) Tuberculosis (b) Typhoid (c) Measles (d) Leprosy (Ans : c)
6. Oral Rehydration Therapy' is recommended for–
(a) Tuberculosis (b) Typhoid (c) Tetanus (d) Cholera (Ans : d)
7. 'Money Plant' is the ATM network of which Indian Bank?
(a) Bank of Baroda (b) Karnataka Bank (c) State Bank of India (d) Central Bank of India (Ans : b)
8. 'Just do it' is a famous punchline from which Global Brand?
(a) Adidas (b) Puma (c) Nike (d) Reebok (Ans : c)
9. Which Bill was finally passed by the Parliament in December, 2013 after massive protest by public activist Anna Hazare?
(a) Lokpal (b) Jan Lokpal (c) Lokpal and Lokayukta Act (d) Jan Lokayukta (Ans : c)
10. According to which Article of the Constitution of India, do the citizens have the Right to know the information about candidate's assets and liabilities?
(a) Article 21 (b) Article 30 (a) (c) Article 19 (a) (d) Article 14 (Ans : c)
11. Find the incorrect match–
(A) Special Status of Kashmir - Article 370 (B) Fundamental Rights - Article 12-35
(C) Directive Principles of States Policy - Article 36-50 (D) Fundamental Duties of the Citizen - Article 90
(a) A (b) B (c) C (d) D (Ans : d)
12. Which of the following is NOT a programming language?
(a) Java (b) Basic (c) Microsoft ASP (d) Turing (Ans : c)
13. ISP stands for–
(a) Internet Service Provider (b) Internet Survey Period (c) Integrated Service Provider (d) Internet Security Protocol (Ans : a)
14. Which of the following Railway Stations was formerly known as Victoria Terminus?
(a) Churchgate Railway Station (b) Mumbai Central (c) Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (d) Chhatrapathi Shivaji Terminus (Ans : d)
15. What is the name of Chief of Army Staff?
(a) General V K Singh (b) General Bikram Singh (c) General Dalbir Singh Suhag (d) General Thimayya (Ans : c)
16. A corked bottle full of water when frozen will break because–
(a) Glass is a bad conductor of heat (b) The volume of water increases on freezing
(c) The bottle contracts on freezing (d) The volume of water decreases on freezing (Ans : b)
17. In India, Gene bank of Wheat is located at–
(a) IARI, New Delhi (b) Ludhiana (c) Kanpur (d) Karnal (Ans : d)
18. What is the centre of an Atom called?
(a) Proton (b) Nucleus (c) Neutron (d) Electron (Ans : b)
19. Which of the following acids is used in a car battery ?
(a) Hydrochloric acid (b) Sulphuric arid (c) Nitric acid (d) Carbonic acid (Ans : b)
20. 'OECD' stands for–
(a) Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (b) Opportunity for Economic Cooperation and Development
(c) Organization for Economic Conference and Development (d) Organization for Environmental Cooperation and Development (Ans : a)
21. Where is the Indus Civilization city 'Lothal' located?
(a) Gujarat (b) Rajasthan (c) Punjab (d) Haryana (Ans : a)
22. Among the following name the State where density of population is the lowest ?
(a) Meghalaya (b) Mizoram (c) Arunachal Pradesh (d) Sikkim (Ans : c)
23. What causes wind to defect toward left in the Southern Hemisphere ?
(a) Temperature (b) Magnetic field (c) Rotation of the earth (d) Pressure (Ans : c)
24. Which one of the following is located in the Bastar Region?
(a) Bandhavgarh National Park (b) Dandeli Sanctuary (c) Rajaji National Park (d) Indravati National Park (Ans : d)
25. In which State 'Guru Shikhar Peak' is located ?
(a) Rajasthan (b) Gujarat (c) Madhya Pradesh (d) Maharashtra (Ans : a)
26. Mughal Painting reached its highest level of progress during the reign of–
(a) Akbar (b) Aurangzeb (c) Jahangir (d) Shah Jahan (Ans : c)
27. Because Pluto is now no longer a planet, the planet that lies at the outermost orbit of the solar system is–
(a) Saturn (b) Neptune (c) mercury (d) Uranus (Ans : b)
28. Expand the term 'EMI' as used in banking/finance sector ?
(a) Easy Monthly Installment (b) Equal Monthly Investment (c) Equated Monthly Installment (d) Equated Mortgage Investment (Ans : c)
29. At which of the following cities the Head office of Reserve Bank of India is located?
(a) Mumbai (b) New Delhi (c) Kolkata (d) Dehradun (Ans : a)
30. Name the person, who captained Marylebone Cricket Club XI that played during the celebration of bi-centenary of Lord's cricket ground.
(a) Sachin Tendulkar (b) Shane Warne (c) Rahul Dravid (d) Aaron Finch (Ans : a)
31. Who won 'Dronacharya Awards' for year 2014 in the field of Wrestling?
(a) Mahabir Prasad (b) N. Lingappa (c) Gurcharan Singh Gogi (d) G. Manoharan (Ans : a)
32. Who got 'Dhyanchand Awards' for year 2014 in Hockey?
(a) Gurmail Singh (b) K. P. Thakkar (c) Zeeshan Ali (d) Mahabir Prasad (Ans : a)
33. The largest 'Buddhist Temple' in the world is located in–
(a) India (b) Indonesia (c) Japan (d) China (Ans : b)
34. In which language were Buddhist Literatures written?
(a) Sanskrit (b) Prakrit (c) Hindi (d) Pali (Ans : d)
35. Shivaji Rao Gaikwad is the real name of which famous actor?
(a) NTR (b) Chiranjeevi (c) Rajnikanth (d) Nagarjuna (Ans : c)
36. 'Make in India' Brand campaign was launched by the Prime Minister to–
(a) To promote youth development (b) To promote industry
(c) To promote large scale manufacturing in India (d) To promote massive weapon manufacturing Programme (Ans : c)
37. From which one of the following chambers of human heart is the oxygenated blood pumped into aorta ?
(a) Right Atrium (b) Right Ventricle (c) Left Atrium (d) Left Ventricle (Ans : d)
38. Mineral impurities in blood is removed by–
(a) Lungs (b) Kidney (c) Spleen (d) Liver (Ans : b)
39. Which one of the following weather conditions is indicated by sudden fall in barometer reading ?
(a) Stormy weather (b) Calm weather (c) Cold and dry weather (d) Hot and sunny weather (Ans : a)
40. Which country has world's largest railway network ?
(a) India (b) China (c) USA (d) USSR (Ans : c)
41. Who was an Italian traveller to India ?
(a) Niketin (b) Fitch (c) Terry (d) Marco Polo (Ans : d)
42. Which of the following Writs is said to be a guarantor of personal freedom ?
(a) Mandamus (b) Quo Warranto (c) Habeas Corpus (d) Certiorai (Ans : c)
43. Which monument was built by the Mughal Emperor Akbar?
(a) Qutub Minar (b) Red Fort (c) Charminar (d) Fatehpur Sikhri (Ans : d)
44. Which State in India has the lowest number of females in comparison to males ?
(a) Bihar (b) Rajasthan (c) Punjab (d) Haryana (Ans : d)
45. How many Lok Sabha seats come under the State of Haryana?
(a) 8 (b) 9 (c) 10 (d) 11 (Ans : c)
46. Which noted English actor, film director, who directed movie Gandhi and died recently?
(a) Robin Williams (b) Richard Attenborough (c) Robin Attenborough, (d) Richard Williams (Ans : b)
47. What has been the promised investment by Japan to India in the recently concluded Bilateral Summit?
(a) $ 20 billion (b) $ 25 billion (c) $ 30 billion (d) $ 35 billion (Ans : d)
48. Shri Narendra Modi is NOT holding the portfolio of–
(a) Personnel (b) Public Grievances and Pensions (c) Department of Atomic Energy (d) Overseas Indian Affairs (Ans : d)
49. Which Schedule of the Constitution contains powers, authorities and responsibilities of Panchayati Raj ?
(a) Eighth (b) Ninth (c) Eleventh (d) Twelfth (Ans : c)
50. 'Motion of Thanks' is given by the Indian Parliament to–
(a) Some MP does a very good work (b) Some citizen does a very good work for the country
(c) Prime Minister does a very good work for the country
(d) President of India after he addresses both Houses of the Parliament together (Ans : d)
51. Which of the following countries is NOT a Permanent Member of the UN Security Council ?
(a) USA (b) UK (c) France (d) Spain (Ans : d)
52. The current Lok Sabha constituted after the General Election is–
(a) 13th Lok Sabha (b) 14th Lok Sabha (c) 15th Lok Sabha (d) 16th Lok Sabha (Ans : d)
53. Attorney General of India is appointed by–
(a) Parliament (b) Law Minister (c) President (d) Chief Justice of Supreme Court (Ans : c)
54. For writing the Punjabi language, which Sikh guru developed the Gurumukhi script?
(a) Guru Angad (b) Guru Amar Das (c) Guru Ram Das (d) Guru Arjan (Ans : a)
55. During the Non-Cooperation Movement, which award did Gandhiji return ?
(a) Knighthood (b) Rai Bahadur (c) Kaiser-e-Hind (d) Hind Kesari (Ans : c)
56. Who founded the famous 'Ghadar Party' in America in 1913 ?
(a) Madame Cama (b) Lala Hardayal (c) Rash Behari Bose (d) Chandrashekhar Azad (Ans : b)
57. The tissue which connects bone to bone is–
(a) Ligament (b) Tendon (c) Adipose (d) Marrow (Ans : a)
58. Which one of the following rights was described by Dr. B. R. Ambedkar as the heart and soul of the Constitution?
(a) Right to freedom of religion (b) Right to property (c) Right to equality (d) Right to Constitutional remedies (Ans : d)
59. 'Labour Day' is celebrated on–
(a) 1 May (b) 1 June (c) 1 January (d) 1 March (Ans : a)
60. 'Madhubani' a style of folk painting, is popular in which of the following States in India?
(a) Bihar (b) Madhya Pradesh (c) West Bengal (d) Rajasthan (Ans : a)
61. Word Processing, Spread-sheet and Photo-editing are examples of–
(a) Application software (b) System software (c) Operating system software (d) Platform software (Ans : a)
62. A_is approximately one billion bytes.
(a) Bit (b) Kilobyte (c) Gigabyte (d) Megabyte (Ans : c)
63. The process of transferring one files from Internet to your computer is called–
(a) Downloading (b) Uploading (c) Fast Internet Date Protocol (d) Hypertext Transfer Protocol (Ans : a)
64. Name the Company that on 26 April, 2014 completed the acquisition of Nokia's Mobile handset business.
(a) Microsoft based in the US (b) Oracle based in the US (c) Adobe Systems based in the US (d) SAP based in Germany (Ans : a)
65. Name the founder of Leela Group of Hotels, who died on 17 May, 2014 in Mumbai at the age of 91.
(a) Captain Krishna Nair (b) Captain G. Gopinath (c) N. Krishna Moorthy (d) Vikas Seth (Ans : a)
66. Name the former Chairman and Managing Director of Tata Steel known as the Grand Old Man of Steel, who died on 16 May, 2014.
(a) Russi Mody (b) Ratan Tata (c) JRD Tata (d) B. Muthuraman (Ans : a)
67. Name the State that recently established Women Helpline in each district.
(a) Delhi (b) Uttar Pradesh (c) Bihar (d) Haryana (Ans : b)
68. Who became the first Chief Minister of Telangana ?
(a) Chandrababu Naidu (b) Jagan Mohan Reddy (c) Y S Vijaymala (d) Chandrasekhar Rao (Ans : d)
69. The ratio of width of the National Flag to its length is–
(a) 1 : 2 (b) 2 : 1 (c) 2 : 3 (d) 3 : 2 (Ans : c)
70. Where is 'Leaning Tower' located ?
(a) London (b) Cairo (c) Kabul (d) Pisa (Ans : d)
71. Which of the following pair is correctly matched?
(1) Arthashastra - Kautilya (2) Mein Kampf – Abul Fazal
(3) Animal Farm - Babur (4) Divine Comedy - Karl Marx
(a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 4 (Ans : a)
72. Who has written the book "The Accidental Prime Minister" ?
(a) K Natwar Singh (b) Vinod Rai (c) Sanjaya Baru (d) Tavleen Singh (Ans : c)
73. Who amongst the following was involved in the Alipore Bomb case?
(a) S. N. Banerjee (b) Bipin Chandra Pal (c) Jatin Das (d) Aurobindo Ghosh (Ans : d)
74. The title 'Punjab Kesari' was conferred upon ?
(a) Ranjit Singh (b) Bhagat Singh (c) Lala Lajpat Rai (d) Sardar Baldev Singh (Ans : c)