RRB Question Paper with Answers
R.R.C. Ahmedabad Exam. Solved Paper (Held on 16-11-2014)1. Which state is in the south of Gujarat ?
(A) Karnataka (B) Rajasthan (C) Maharashtra (D) United Andhra Predesh (Ans : C)
2. Who administers the oath of office to The Chief Justice of India?
(A) President (B) Prime Minister (C) Lok Sabha Speaker (D) Vice president (Ans : A)
3. Prior to Railway Budget 2014, Indian Railway has made a test drive of a Semi Bullet Train at the maximum speed of….. kmph.
(A) 180 (B) 200 (C) 160 (D) 220 (Ans : C)
4. The minimum age for voter in India is–
(A) 21 years (B) 18 years (C) 15 years (D) 25 years (Ans : B)
5. The method used for cleaning muddy water is–
(A) Winnowing (B) Settling (C) Evaporation (D) Picking (Ans : B)
6. Leader of Kbilafat Movement–
(A) M.A. Jinnah (B) Ali Bandhu (C) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (D) Aruna Asaf Ali (Ans : B)
7. Which among the following is the most important bulk import of India ?
(A) Non Electrical Machinery (B) Electric Goods (C) Petroleum (D) Food Grains (Ans : C)
8. Recently, which Indian player has created history by becoming the first player in the world to win titles in the long and short format of both Billiards and Snookers ?
(A) Geet Sethi (B) Pankaj Adwani (C) Michael Fraera (D) Ashok Sandilya (Ans : B)
9. Which statement describes arrangement and motion of molecules of gases?
(A) Molecules move randomly within a random arrangement (B) Molecules move randomly within an orderly arrangement
(C) Molecules vibrate about a fixed position with a random arrangement (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
10. The Peshwa accepted subsidiary alliance with British by which treaty?
(A) Treaty of Purandhar (B) Treaty of Bassein (C) Treaty of Salbai (D) Treaty of Surji Arzangaon (Ans : B)
11. Which is the highest point in Maharashtra ?
(A) Kalsubai (B) Lonawala (C) Khandala (D) Yawatmal (Ans : A)
12. HBJ pipelines carry natural gas from–
(A) Hathras to Bhatinda to Jhansi (B) Hoshangabad to Bilaspur to Jabalpur
(C) Hazira to Bijapur to Jagdishpur (D) Hisar to Barmer to Jaisalmer (Ans : C)
13. Acids in Acid rain come from–
(A) Calcium oxide and carbon dioxide dissolve in rain water to produce acids
(B) Carbon dioxide and sulphur dioxide dissolve in rain water to produce acids
(C) Sulphuric acid and carbon monoxide dissolve in rain water to produce acid
(D) None of the above (Ans : D)
14. The National Highways No. 1 and No. 2 connect the cities of–
(A) Amritsar - Kolkata (B) Chennai - Kolkata (C) Varanasi - Ahmedabad (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
15. A scheme for inland waterways was launched in the union budget 2014-15 from–
(A) Allahabad to Haldia (B) Kolkata to Bhagalpur (C) Hoshangabad to Surat (D) Nasik to Vijayawada (Ans : A)
16. In the rainbow, which colour is at the top?
(A) Orange (B) Green (C) Yellow (D) Red (Ans : D)
17. Which among the following states is emerging as a prominent manufacturing investment hub in the country ?
(A) Unified Andhra Pradesh (B) Madhya Pradesh (C) Gujarat (D) Karnataka (Ans : C)
18. Varakaris are the devotees of which God?
(A) Lord Ram (B) Lord Shiva (C) God Vithoba of Pandharpur (D) Sai of Sirdi (Ans : C)
19. Which of the following places do not have a fertilizer factory?
(A) Sindri (B) Cuttack (C) Trombay (D) Nangal (Ans : C)
20. Which among the following soils has formed by the weathering of ancient metamorphic and crystalline rocks and is rich in iron content?
(A) Black soil (B) Red soil (C) Laterite soil (D) None of these (Ans : C)
21. Kanishka belonged to–
(A) Chola Dynasty (B) Kushan Dynasty (C) Maurya Dynasty (D) Gupta Dynasty (Ans : B)
22. The institution of 'Mansabdar' was introduced by–
(A) Sher Shah Suri (B) Jahangir (C) Akbar (D) Babur (Ans : C)
23. Who is the author of Gujarati Book 'Purvalap' ?
(A) Sridharani (B) R. V. Pathak (C) Manishankar Ratanji Bhatt (D) Kalapi (Ans : B)
24. Potassium nitrate is mainly used in–
(A) Medicine (B) Salt (C) Glass (D) Fertilizer (Ans : D)
25. Which among the following is the cheapest mode of transport in terms of fixed plus running costs?
(A) Roadways (B) Waterways (C) Railways (D) Pipelines (Ans : D)
26. The largest city of Madhya Pradesh is–
(A) Indore (B) Gwalior (C) Jabalpur (D) Raipur (Ans : A)
27. Who among the following did not belong to the extremist?
(A) Lala Lajpat Rai (B) Gopal Krishna Gokhale (C) Bipin Chandra Pal (D) Bal Gangadhar Tilak (Ans : B)
28. Who had built Fatehpur Sikri ?
(A) Jahangir (B) Shahjahan (C) Akbar (D) Sher Shah (Ans : C)
29. The founder of Satya Shodhak Samaj was–
(A) Atmaram Pandurang (B) Gopal Rari Deshmukh (C) M. G. Ranade (D) Jyotiba Phule (Ans : D)
30. Which of the following places is not connected with steel production ?
(A) Jamshedpur (B) Bokaro (C) Bhadrawati (D) Katni (Ans : D)
31. Largest tea producing state of India is–
(A) Assam (B) West Bengal (C) Karnataka (D) Kerala (Ans : A)
32. One of the Delhi Court has summoned the Congress President Sonia Gandhi on accusation of misappropriating the funds of the….. newspaper.
(A) National Herald (B) Times of India (C) Congress Samachar (D) Hindustan Times (Ans : A)
33. Huge amount of energy is released in atomic explosion, due to–
(A) conversion of chemical energy into heat energy (B) conversion of mechanical energy into nuclear energy
(C) conversion of mass into energy (D) conversion of neutrons into protons (Ans : C)
34. Which Indian Film Star has been awarded with 'Legion of France' in the year 2014?
(A) Aamir Khan (B) Kamal Hasan (C) Salman Khan (D) Shah Rukh Khan (Ans : D)
35. The highway which is now known as Grand Trunk Road was constructed by which muslim ruler?
(A) Akbar (B) Allauddin Khilji (C) Balban (D) Sher Shah Suri (Ans : D)
36. Which of the following is a non metal that remains liquid at room temperature?
(A) Phosphorus (B) Bromine (C) Chlorine (D) Helium (Ans : B)
37. Which among the following is the longest day in Northern hemisphere?
(A) 21st March (B) 21st June (C) 21st May (D) 21st September (Ans : B)
38. The 'Cannes Award' is given in the field of–
(A) Films (B) Journalism (C) Literature (D) Economics (Ans : A)
39. Which of the following kings was famous as Priyadarshi ?
(A) Kanishka (B) Ashoka (C) Chandragupta Vikramaditya (D) Harshvardhan (Ans : B)
40. Who was elected the President of Indian National Congress in the famous Tripuri Session of 1939 ?
(A) Achraya Narendra Dev (B) Sharat Chandra Bose (C) Subhash Chandra Bose (D) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (Ans : C)
41. Which one of the following ports of India, handles the highest tonnage of import cargo?
(A) Kolkata (B) Kandla (C) Mumbai (D) Vishakhapattnam (Ans : C)
42. Wax statue of Sachin Tendulkar has been unveiled at which of the following cricket grounds?
(A) The Lords (B) Sydney (C) Melbourne (D) Trinidad (Ans : A)
43. Which of the following hills is found where the Eastern Ghats and Western Ghats meet?
(A) Nilgiri Hills (B) Anaimallai Hills (C) Cardamom Hills (D) Shevoroy Hills (Ans : A)
44. Which of the following groups of rivers have their source of origin in Tibet?
(A) Brahmaputra, Ganges and Sutlej (B) Ganges, Sutlej and Yamuna
(C) Brahmaputra, Indus and Sutlej (D) Chenab, Ravi and Sutlej (Ans : C)
45. Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequence–
1. Word 2. Paragraph 3. Sentence 4. Letters 5. Phrase
(A) 4, 1, 5, 2, 3 (B) 4, 1, 3, 5, 2 (C) 4, 2, 5, 1, 3 (D) 4, 1, 5, 3, 2 (Ans : D)
46. Following are climatic features of an Indian State–
1. The temperature is very high during most part of the year. 2. The region receives very little rainfall.
Which of the following states is being referred?
(A) Sikkim (B) Kerala (C) Jammu & Kashmir (D) Rajasthan (Ans : D)
47. Which among the following gives justification about the fact that “Green Revolution has not been as green as it made out to be”?
1. It confined only to wheat. 2. It confined to selected areas only. 3. It helped only big farmers.
Choose the correct answer–
(A) Only 1 (B) 1 and 2 (C) 1, 2 and 3 (D) 2 and 3 (Ans : D)
48. The main source of livelihood for the people of Indus Valley Civilization was–
(A) Agriculture and Trade (B) Animal husbandry (C) Fishing (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
49. Total no. of districts of Gujarat–
(A) 28 (B) 31 (C) 25 (D) 33 (Ans : D)
50. Which of the following lines passes through India?
(A) Tropic of Cancer (B) Tropic of Capricorn (C) Equator (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
51. Tata group has set up a new airlines service in India, in collaboration with–
(A) American Airlines (B) Singapore Airlines (C) British Airways (D) Emirates (Ans : B)
52. New Economic Policy aims at–
(A) giving importance to rural techniques of production (B) reforms in production pattern obtaining new technology and making Indian economy more competitive
(C) creating more tax brackets (D) imposing Tobin tax (Ans : B)
53. The death anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi is observed as–
(A) National Integration Day (B) Secularism Day (C) Shahid Diwas (D) Anti-Terrorism Day (Ans : D)
54. An essential attribute of Inflation is–
(A) the absence of the black market (B) the presence of the black market (C) increase in prices (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
55. What is the name of handicraft emporia centres of Madhya Pradesh ?
(A) Koel (B) Mayur (C) Kingfisher (D) Mrignaynee (Ans : D)
56. The battle of Plassey fought in 1757 resulted in the defeat of–
(A) Sirajuddaulah at the hands of British (B) Shah Alam II at the hands of English
(C) The French at the hands of the East India Company (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
57. Who is the Chief Minister of Bihar?
(A) Nitish Kumar (B) Lalu Yadav (C) Jeetan Ram Manjhi (D) Rabri Devi (Ans : A)
58. Which of the following is not included in the teachings of Jainism ?
(A) Belief in God (B) Non-violence (C) Beliefs in karma and rebirth (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
59. The term of Lok Sabha is–
(A) 4 years (B) 5 years (C) 6 years (D) 3 years (Ans : B)
60. Khambhalida Buddhist Caves are found in which district of Gujarat ?
(A) Junagadh (B) Rajkot (C) Porbandar (D) Jamnagar (Ans : B)
61. Winner of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2013 is–
(A) Virat Kohli – Cricket (B) Leander Paes – Lawn tennis (C) Dhanraj Pillai – Hockey (D) Ranjan Sodhi – Shooting (Ans : D)
62. Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequence–
1. Poverty 2. Population 3. Death 4. Unemployment 5. Disease
(A) 2, 3, 4, 5, 1 (B) 3, 4, 2, 5, 1 (C) 2, 4, 1, 5, 3 (D) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (Ans : C)
1. The employees of Airport authorities called off the strike they were observing in protest against Privatization.
2. The staff of Airport authorities went on strike anticipating a threat to their job.
(A) Statement 1 is the cause and statement 2 is its effect (B) Statement 2 is the cause and statement a is its effect
(C) Both the statements 1 and 2 are independent causes (D) Both the statements 1 and 2 are effects of independent causes (Ans : C)
64. Number of bones in human body is–
(A) 206 (B) 209 (C) 232 (D) None of these (Ans : A)
65. Moti Masjid was constructed in Red Fort, Delhi, by which Mughal Emperor?
(A) Shahjahan (B) Aurangzeb (C) Shah Alam II (D) None of these (Ans : A)
66. Argentina has defeated….. country in the semi-final of FIFA Football World Cup 2014.
(A) Germany (B) Brazil (C) Netherlands (D) Belgium (Ans : C)
67. How many freedoms are guaranteed by the article 19 (Right to Freedom) ?
(A) Three (B) Four (C) Six (D) Two (Ans : C)
68. On which among the following occasions, Bombay was handed over to Britishers by Portuguese?
(A) Freedom of Portuguese from the hands of Spain (B) Marriage of Charles II with the Portuguese Princess Catherine of Braganza
(C) Crushing of Spanish Armada by British in 1588 (D) The treaty of Madrid in 1630 (Ans : B)
69. Which of the following was the unit of measurement of land in Maratha dominions?
(A) Kathi (B) Tanab (C) Jarib (D) Bigha (Ans : A)
70. In sprouted among seeds, white structure will develop into–
(A) Roots (B) Stems (C) Leaves (D) Flowers (Ans : A)
71. The capital of Andaman and Nicobar Islands is–
(A) Port Blair (B) Diu (C) Silvasa (D) None of these (Ans : A)
72. In the Union budget 2014-15, Income-tax exemption limit for general public is raised upto ?
(A) Rs. 2 Lacs (B) Rs. 2.5 Lacs (C) Rs. 4 Lacs (D) Rs. 3.5 Lacs (Ans : B)
73. What are the characteristics of metals?
(A) Good conductors of heat and electricity, solid at room temperature, transparent, shine brightly when polished
(B) Good conductor of electricity, solid at room temperature, opaque except in extremely thin films, do not shine at all when polished
(C) Bad conductors of electricity and heat
(D) Good conductors of electricity and heat, solid at room temperature, opaque except in extremely thin films, shine brightly when polished (Ans : D)
74. The preamble of Constitution says that the state in India will assure the dignity of the individual. This object is ensured by–
(A) just and human condition of work to each individual (B) the right to adequate means of livelihood to each individual
(C) equal fundamental rights to each citizen (D) equal wages for equal work to each individual irrespective of sex (Ans : C)
75. Who was associated with Kakori Kand ?
(A) Khudi Ram Bose (B) Bhagat Singh (C) Ramprasad Bismil (D) None of the above (Ans : C)
76. World Population Day is observed on–
(A) 31st May (B) 4th October (C) 11th July (D) 10th December (Ans : C)
77. Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology is situated in–
(A) Mumbai (B) Bangalore (C) Pune (D) Chennai (Ans : C)
78. The residence of Mahatma Gandhi at Sabarmati Ashram is well-known as–
(A) Kirti Mandir (B) Ahimsa Kutir (C) Upasna Mandir (D) Hriday Kunj (Ans : D)
79. Which state has the largest representation in the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha ?
(A) Uttar Pradesh (B) Bihar (C) Maharashtra (D) West Bengal (Ans : A)