1. How many countries are the members of WTO as of June 2014?
(A) 160 (B) 156 (C) 153 (D) 145 (E) 172 (Ans : A)
2. What is the maximum amount that can be invested under the recently launched Kisan Vikas Patra?
(A) Rs. 1,50,000 (B) Rs. 1,00,000 (C) Rs. 5,00,000 (D) No ceiling (E) Rs. 25,000 (Ans : D)
3. The world's biggest airport for international traffic as per 2014 data is
(A) Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (B) Chicago International Airport (C) London's Heathrow Airport
(D) Dubai International Airport (E) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (Ans : D)
4. Who has been named as the winner of the 2014 Sahitya Academi Award for Sanskrit?
(A) Harekrishna Satapathy (B) Ramji Thakur (C) Mithila Prasad Tripathi
(D) Prabhu. Nath Dviwedi (E) Om Prakash Pande (Ans : D)
5. What is the full form of CAFRAL in financial world?
(A) Council for Advanced Financial Research and Learning (B) Centre for Advanced Financial Research and Learning
(C) Other than those given as options (D) Council for Advanced Financial Reporting and Learning
(E) Centre for Advanced Financial Research to Logistics (Ans : B)
6. Report for 14th Finance Commission was submitted on 15. 12. 2014. Who was the Chairman of this Commission?
(A) Dr. Nachiket Mor (B) Dr. C. Rangarajan (C) Dr. YV Reddy
(D) Dr. D. Subbarao (E) Smt. Usha Thorat (Ans : C)
7. In April 2014, the Government of India signed an agreement for implementing four Hydroelectric power projects on a joint venture with which neighbour country?
(A) Myanmar (B) Bangladesh (C) Bhutan (D) Sri Lanka (E) Nepal (Ans : C)
8. The amount invested in Kisan Vikas Patra would get doubled in.
(A) 6 years and 3 months (B) 7 years and 6 months (C) 5 years and 6 months
(D) 8 years and 4 months (E) 7 years and 3 months (Ans : D)
9. Union Government announced on December 24, 2014 to confer the Bharat Ratna on which two personalities?
(A) P. V Narasimha Rao and Deen Dayal Upadhayay (B) Madan Mohan Malviya and Deen Dayal Upadhayay
(C) Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Madan Mohan Malviya (D) C. N. R. Rao and P. V Narasimha Rao
(E) Deen Dayal Upadhayay and Subhash Chandra Bose (Ans : C)
10. Who amongst the following has been recently appointed as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) Limited?
(A) Deepak Parekh (B) YH. Malegam (C) B. Venkataramani
(D) Prakash Parthasarathy (E) S. B. Mathur (Ans : C)
11. Recently a new board of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has been appointed. Who amongst the following is the new Chairman?
(A) Anupam Kher (B) Sharmila Tagore (C) Pahlaj Nahlani
(D) Asha Parekh (E) Jaya Bachchan (Ans : C)
12. Which of the following is the regulator of the credit rating agencies in India?
(A) FMC (B) SBI (C) SIDBI (D) SEBI (E) IRDA (Ans : D)
13. VAT stands for–
(A) Virtual Action Tasks (B) Virtual Assessment Technique (C) Value And Tax
(D) Other than those given as options (E) Value Added Tax (Ans : E)
14. The Government has decided to start printing of one-rupee currency notes for this year. Printing of these notes was discontinued in which year–
(A) 2008 (B) 2005 (C) 2001 (D) 1995 (E) 1994 (Ans : E)
15. Which is the second-largest import for India after petroleum ?
(A) Iron and Steel (B) Electronic Goods (C) Gold (D) Coal (E) Engineering Goods (Ans : C)
16. As per the data published by World Steel Association (WSA) for the period January-September 2014, which of the following country has been ranked as top steel-producing company in the world?
(A) China (B) South Korea (C) USA (D) India (E) Japan (Ans : A)
17. What is the minimum amount that can be granted as overdraft under the PMJDY?
(A) Rs. 10,000 (B) 25,000 (C) Rs. 50,000 (D) 1,00,000 (E) Rs. 5,000 (Ans : E)
18. Recently which of the schemes of Union Government has entered into Guinness World Records ?
(A) Prime Minister Jan Dhan Yojna (B) Other than those given as options (C) Indira Awas Yojna
(D) MGNREGA (E) Swacch Bharat Abhiyan (Ans : A)
19. Which of the following stock exchange was derecognised by SEBI in November 2014 on the allegation of serious irregulatiries in its function?
(A) Calcutta Stock Exchange (B) Delhi Stock Exchange (C) Madras Stock Exchange Ltd.
(D) Ahmedabad Stock Exchange Ltd. (E) Madhya Pradesh Stock Exchange Ltd. (Ans : B)
20. Amitabh Bachchan was appointed as brand ambassador of health sector by which State Government ?
(A) Maharashtra (B) Punjab (C) Haryana (D) Andhra Pradesh (E) Gujarat (Ans : D)
21. As per RBI guidelines, banks can allow minors above………. years to independently open savings bank accounts in India?
(A) 16 (B) 10 (C) 14 (D) 12 (E) 8 (Ans : B)
22. To increase the awareness among people about all the inequalities faced by the girl child in society, which of the following day is observed as 'National Girl Child Day'?
(A) 8th March (B) Other than those given as options (C) 21st January
(D) 24th January (E) 14th November (Ans : D)
23. During the period' 2013-14 the highest FDI in India came from which of the, following countries?
(A) Singapore (B) Netherlands (C) Abu Dabhi (D) UK (E) Mauritius (Ans : A)
24. What is the slogan of 'Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna'?
(A) Mera Khata Desh Pehchan (B) Mera Khata Anna Daata (C) Mera Khata Unnati Ki Pehchan
(D) Mera Khata Bhagya Vidhata (E) Ek Khata Sabkeliye (Ans : D)
25. Prime Minister Narendra Modi's suit with his name embroidered in gold pinstripes was out on auction recently at which of the following cities?
(A) Varanasi (B) New Delhi (C) Surat (D) Mumbai (E) Ahmedabad (Ans : C)
26. The Charlie Hebdo, a weekly magazine, is published in which of the following countries ?
(A) Sweden (B) Germany (C) France (D) Switzerland (E) Greece (Ans : C)
27. The stock market index of London stock exchange is referred to as–
(A) NIKKEI225 (B) DOWJONES (C) S&P TSX (D) FTSE 100 (E) SENSEX (Ans : D)
28. As per the Income Tax law, who among the following is categorised as 'very senior citizen'?
(A) Individuals above the age of 85 (B) Individuals above the age of 62
(C) Individuals above the age of 80 (D) Individuals above the age of 60
(E) Individuals above the age of 75 (Ans : C)
29. As per the recent press reports which among the following banks of India appear in the top 50 Global Banks in terms of market capitalisation?
(A) HDFC Bank and SBI (B) ICICI and HDFC bank (C) Bank of Baroda and SBI
(D) Axis Bank and SBI (E) ICICI and SBI (Ans : A)
30. The first Indian cricketer to score century against Pakistan in World Cup is–
(A) Sunil Gavaskar (B) Virat Kohli (C) M. S. Dhoni (D) Sachin Tendulkar (E) Yuvraj Singh (Ans : B)
31. What is the new name of Planning Commission ?
(A) National Development Agency (B) National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog
(C) Bharat Pragati Lakshya (BPL) Aayog (D) Naya Yojna Ayog
(E) Social Economic Development Committee (Ans : B)
32. In Dubai International Film Festival 2014, who among the following artists was awarded Lifetime Achievement Award?
(A) Manoj Kumar (B) Asha Bhonsle (C) Lata Mangeshkar (D) Amitabh Bachchan (E) Dilip Kumar (Ans : B)
33. Which of the following banks will have the highest share of capital infusion out of Rs. 6,990 crore announced by the Government recently?
(A) Punjab National Bank (B) Canara Bank (C) State Bank of India (D) Bank of Baroda (E) ICICI (Ans : C)
34. Which of the following institutions has introduced Rupay debit card?
(A) VISA (B) NPCI (C) DISCOVER (D) RBI (E) MASTER (Ans : B)
35. A credit card user has to be conversant with 'MITC' of the issuer. What is the full form of this term?
(A) Most indicated terms and clauses (B) Other than those given as options
(C) Most important terms and conditions (D) Most indicated terms and conditions
(E) Most important terms and clauses (Ans : C)
36. Who was R.K. Laxman, who passed away recently?
(A) A fiction writer (B) A music director (C) A film director (D) A cartoonist (E) An actor (Ans : D)
37. Jim Corbett National Park is situated in which State?
(A) Uttarakhand (B) Uttar Pradesh (C) Himachal Pradesh (D) Assam (E) Meghalaya (Ans : A)
38. Which of the following micro finance companies has been given a licence by RBI to start a bank?
(A) Bandhan Financial Services Pvt. Ltd. (B) Grameen Financial Services Pvt. Ltd.
(C) SKS Microfmance Ltd. (D) Janalakshmi Financial Services Pvt. Ltd.
(E) Ujjivan Financial Services Pvt. Ltd. (Ans : A)
39. Recommendations of 7th Pay Commission are likely to be implemented from–
(A) 1st December 2015 (B) 1st June 2015 (C) 1st April 2015
(D) 1st January 2016 (E) 15th November 2015 (Ans : D)
40. How many teams are playing in ICC Cricket World Cup 2015?
(A) 16 (B) 15 (C) Other than those given as options (D) 12 (E) 13 (Ans : C