Logical Alphabet, Number and Time Sequence TestsAll Questions with Answers MCQ of reasoning are very useful in Management (CAT, MAT), IBPS (PO and Clerk), SSC, SBI, LIC and other competitive exams.
1. If the first half of the above alphabets is written in the reverse order, which letter will be exactly middle between the 9th letter from the left and the 10th letter from the right end?
(a) B (b) A (c) N (d) D (e) None of these
2. How many pairs of letters are there in the word ‘CONTEMPORARY’ which have as many letters between them in the word as in the alphabets?
(a) One (b) Two (c) Three (d) Four (e) More than four
3. How many pairs of letters in the word “DABBLE” have as many letters between them in the word as in the alphabets?
(a) Nil (b) One (c) Two (d) Three (e) None of these
4. Vijay is ranked 14th in a class of 43 students. What is his rank from the bottom?
(a) 30th (b) 28th (c) 29th (d) 31st (e) None of these
5. Amit is ranked 12th from the top and Ravi is ranked 15th from the bottom in a class of 35 students. How many students are there between Amit and Ravi?
(a) 8 (b) 9 (c) 6 (d) 7 (e) None of these
6. In a class the names of boys are arranged alphabetically. Gaurav and Saurabh have 14 boys between them. If Gaurav is 37th from the bottom, Saurabh would be at what position from the top?
(a) 25th (b) 28th (c) 27th (d) Cannot be determined (e) None of these
7. If the following scrambled letters are rearranged to form the name of a city, which letter will appear in the middle?
(a) M (b) R (c) U (d) D (e) None of these
8. If the above alphabets, are written in the reverse order, which letter will be 12th to the left of the 16th letter from the left?
(a) X (b) W (c) D (d) V (e) None of these
9. Lokesh remembers that his brother laxman’s birthday is after 20th of August but before 28th of August, while Rita remembers that Laxman’s birthday is before 22nd of August but after 12th of August On which date does Laxman’s birthday fall?
(a) 20th (b) 21st August (c) 22nd August (d) Cannot be determined (e) None of these
10. In a row of boys, Rajan is 10th from the right and Suraj is 10th from the left. When Rajan and Suraj interchange their positions, Suraj wll be 27th from the left. Which of the following will be Rajan’s position from the right?
(a) 10th (b) 26th (c) 29th (d) 25th (e) None of these
11. Radha remembers that her father’s birthday is after 16th but before 21st of March, while her brother Mahesh remembers that his father’s birthday is before 22nd but after 19th of March. On which date is the birthday of their father?
(a) 19th (b) 20th (c) 21st (d) Cannot be determined (e) None of these
12. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word ‘ADVERTISEMENT’, which have as many letters between them is the word as in the alphabets?
(a) 3 (b) 4 (c) 5 (d) More than five (e) None of these
13. If the letters in the word ‘POWERFUL’ are rearranged an they appear in the English alphabet, the position of how many letters will remain unchanged after such rearrangement?
(a) None (b) One (c) Two (d) Three (e) More than three
14. The position of 1st and 6th digits in the number 2796543018 are interchanged. Similarly, the positions of 2nd and 7th digits are interchanged and so on. Which of the following will be 3rd digit to the left of 7th digit from the left end?
(a) 8 (b) 7 (c) 1 (d) 0 (e) None of these
15. If a meaningful word can be formed from APSG, by using each letter only once, then the third letter of that word is your answer. If more than one such word can be formed, your answer is Y and if no such word can be formed, then your answer is Z.
(a) Z (b) Y (c) P (d) G (e) S
2. (e) ON, PO, MO, OR, OY are the pairs which have as many letters between them in the word ‘CONTEMPORARY’ as in the alphabets.
3. (e) There are four pairs D (A) B, B (BL) E, A (BBL) E and A (B) B which have as many letters between them in the word as in the alphabetical order.
4. (a) Vijay’s rank from the bottom is (43 – 14) + 1 = 30th
5. (a) If total number in the class and sum of the position from both ends, the number of students between Amit and Ravi = 35 – (12 + 15) = 18
6. (d) Since it is not given that now many boys are before Gaurav, the position of Saurabh from the top cannot be determined.
7. (c) The city name is ‘MADURAI’ and letter U exists exactly in the middle.
8. (b) If the alphabets are written in reverse order, then 16th letter from the left would be K and 12th from the left of K will be W.
9. (b) 21st August is the date which is common on the memory of both the persons.
10. (e) Initially, Rajan is tenth from the right and his position is occupied by the Suraj after interchange takes place and this position becomes twenty-seventh from the left.
Therefore, total numbers of students = 10 + 27 – 1 = 36 and Rajan’s position from the right = Total number of student-His position from the left + 1.
Therefore, Rajan’s position from the right = 36 – 10 + 1 = 27
11. (b) 20th March
12. (d) There are six pairs D (VERT) I, I (SEM) E, D(VERTISEME) N, R (TISE)M, T (ISEME)N and I(SEME) N which have as many letters between them in the word as in the alphabets.
14. (c) :The new number after interchanging the digits is 4 3 0 1 8 2 7 9 6 5. So, the required number is 1.
15. (c) There is only one meaningful word using letters, A, P. G and S, i.e., GAPS.