1. If suddenly the gravitational force of attraction between earth and a satellite revolving around it becomes zero, then the satellite will–
(A) continue to move in this orbit with same velocity (B) move tangentially to the original orbit in the same velocity
(C) become stationary in its orbit (D) move toward the Earth
2. The melodious effect on our ear produces by the combination of two or more notes of the modern pop songs is called–
(A) concord (B) chords
(C) beats (D) overtones
3. Which one of the following is responsible for the energy release by stars?
(A) Fission (B) Fusion
(C) Chemical reaction (D) Gravitational collapse
4. By which of the following Charter Acts, the Governor General of Bengal became the Governor General of India?
(A) The Regulating Act of 1773 (B) The Charter Act of 1813
(C) The Charter Act of 1833 (D) The Charter Act of 1853
5. Under which act, for the first time the company's territories in India were called British possessions in India?
(A) Pitt's India Act, 1784 (B) The Act of 1781
(C) The Charter Act of 1833 (D) The Indian Council Act, 1861
6. In the interim government formed in 1946, the Vice-President of the Executive Council was–
(A) Jawaharlal Nehru (B) Dr S Radhakrishnan
(C) C Rajagopalachari (D) Dr Rajendra Prasad
7. In which of the following types of economy are the factors of production owned individually?
(A) Capitalist (B) Socialist
(C) Mixed (D) Both 'a' and 'b'
8. Poverty in less developed countries is largely due to–
(A) voluntary idleness (B) income inequality
(C) lack of cultural activities (D) lack of intelligence of the people
9. Which one of the following is not a Dwarf planet?
(A) Ceres (B) Xena
(C) Pluto (D) None of the above
10. Mark the odd one out–
(A) Mercury (B) Saturn
(C) Venus (D) Earth
11. Which one of the following animals was not represented on the seals and terracotta art of the Harappan Culture?
(A) Cow (B) Elephant
(C) Rhinoceros (D) Tiger
12. Which of the following was the first Neolithic site to be noticed in India?
(A) Lingsuyur (B) Chirand
(C) Mehgarh (D) Koldihwa
13. Which one of the following is not a member of SCO?
(A) Russia (B) China
(C) India (D) Kazakhstan
14. Which of these Neolithic people were cattle herders?
(A) Burzahom (B) Piklihal
(C) Mahagara (D) Kili-Gul-Muhammad
15. At which of the following sites the first evidence of the cultivation of cotton has been found?
(A) Mohenjodaro (B) Kili-Gul-Muhammad
(C) Mehgarh (D) Nal
16. The Indian subcontinent was originally a part of huge mass called–
(A) Jurassic land mass (B) Aryavarta
(C) Indiana (D) Gondwana continent
17. Which of the following statements given below is correct in the respect of a geostationary satellite?
(A) It moves in a plane containing the Greenwich meridian
(B) It moves in a plane perpendicular to the celestial equatorial plane
(C) Its height above the earth's surface is about the same as the radius of the earth
(D) Its height above the earth's surface is about the six times the radius of the earth
18. What will happen if the star having mass greater than five times of the Sun is dead?
(A) White dwarf will form (B) Neutron star will form
(C) Black hole will form (D) Nebula will form
19. The time period of a simple pendulum having a spherical wooden bob is 2 s. If the bob is replaced by a metallic one twice as heavy, the time period will be–
(A) more than 2 s (B) 2 s
(C) 1 s (D) less than 1 s
20. Who among the following was the Chairman of the Union Constitution Committee of the Constituent Assembly?
(A) B R Ambedkar (B) J B Kripalani
(C) Jawaharlal Nehru (D) Alladi Krishnaswami Ayyar
21. Who was the first Indian to join the Viceroy's Executive Council?
(A) Satyendra Prasad Sinha (B) KT Shah
(C) WC Mukherjee (D) Ashutosh Mukherjee
22. Which Article of the Constitution allows the centre to form new states?
(A) Article 3 (B) Article 4
(C) Article 5 (D) Article 6
23. With reference to the Finance Commission of India, which of the following statements is correct?
(A) It encourages the inflow of foreign capital for infrastructure development
(B) It facilitates the proper distribution of finances among the public sector undertakings
(C) It ensures transparency in financial administration
(D) None of the above
24. India is regarded as a country with "Demo- graphic Dividend". This is due to–
(A) its high population in the age group below 15 years
(B) its high population in the age group of 15-64 years
(C) its high population in the age group above 65 years
(D) its high total population
25. Mark the odd one out–
(A) Neptune (B) Jupiter
(C) Uranus (D) Mars