(A) La Nina (B) Movement of Jet Streams
(C) El Nino and Southern Oscillations (D) Greenhouse effect on global level
2. Which one of the following is the correct sequence of the given Indian Cities in the decreasing order of their normal annual rainfall?
(A) Kochi-Kolkata-Delhi-Patna (B) Kolkata-Kochi-Patna-Delhi
(C) Kochi-Kolkata-Patna-Delhi (D) Kolkata-Kochi-Delhi-Patna
3. Which one of the following is cultivated by transplanting seedlings?
(A) Maize (B) Sorghum
(C) Onion (D) Soyabean
4. A menu contains a list of–
(A) Data (B) Objects
(C) Reports (D) Commands
5. When you cut or copy information it gets place in the–
(A) Internet (B) Mother board
(C) Clip art (D) Clip board
6. By which of these Amendments, reservation to other backward classes has been made in educational institutions?
(A) 90th (B) 92nd
(C) 93rd (D) 95th
7. Le Harve Bank is a fishing bank in–
(A) North Pacific coast (B) South Pacific coast
(C) North Atlantic coast (D) South Atlantic coast
8. Which one of the following agricultural pattern is not practiced in Western Europe?
(A) Dairy farming (B) Mixed farming
(C) Market gardening (D) Intensive subsistence farming
9. ISO 9000 certificate is a stringent quality control standard for electronic goods that are essential for any Indian exporter to compete in international markets. It is issued by the–
(A) Bureau of Indian Standards (B) British Standards Institution
(C) UN Exports Agency (D) International Organisation for Standardisation
10. Special Drawing Rights (SDRs) facility is available at–
(A) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
(B) World Bank (WB)
(C) International Development Association (IDA)
(D) Organisation of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
11. Which one of the following Maukhari Kings defeated the Huna ruler Toramana?
(A) Ishana Varman (B) Sharva Varman
(C) Ishvra Varman (D) Avanti Varman
12. The Silver coins issued by the Guptas were called–
(A) rupaka (B) karshapana
(C) dinara (D) pana
13. Which of the following was not a leader of the All India Hindu Maha Sabha?
(A) VD Savarkar (B) Bhai Parmanand
(C) Dr Shyama Prasad Mukerjee (D) MR Jayakar
14. What was the pre-Korean War boundary between North Korea and South Korea?
(A) 17th Parallel (B) 38th Parallel
(C) 49th Parallel (D) Radcliffe Line
15. Which one among the following is used to extract the 'Khus oil'?
(A) Rosa indica (B) Callistemon Americana
(C) Vetivera zizanoides (D) Eschscholtzia
16. Leaching is the maximum in the soil type of–
(A) Laterite (B) Red
(C) Regur (D) Desert
17. In which of the following Hills is tea cultivated?
(A) Maikala Hills (B) Nallamalai Hills
(C) Nilgiri Hills (D) Shiwalik Hills
18. Which of the following was not one of the effects of the collapse of the Vijayanagar empire?
(A) It sounded the death-knell of Hindu supremacy in the South
(B) It cleared the way for the ultimate destruction of the Deccani Sultanates by the Mughals
(C) It hampered the Portuguese trade
(D) It caused the disappearance of the Vijayanagar empire
19. During the regin of Alauddin Khilji, who were amils?
(A) Local landlords at village level (B) Government agents to collect land revenue
(C) Khurasani and Multani traders of foodgrains (D) Banjaras who carried the food grains from villages to towns
20. Who among the following first used the word 'Swarajya'?
(A) Raja Rammohan Roy (B) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(C) Mahatma Gandhi (D) Swami Vivekanand
21. HINDALCO, an aluminium factory located at Renukut owes its site basically to–
(A) proximity of raw materials (B) abundant supply of power
(C) efficient transport network (D) proximity to the market
22. Who founded a social organisation, the "Jat-Pat Torak Mandal" in 1922, for breaking the caste barriers among the Hindus?
(A) Bharti Parmanand (B) Dr BR Ambedkar
(C) MG Ranade (D) Keshab Chandra Sen
23. What is a file?
(A) A file is a section of main storage used to store data
(B) A file is a collection of information that has been given a name and is store in secondary memory
(C) A file is a part of a programme that is used to describe what the programme should do
(D) None of the above
24. Where is the volcanic mountain, Mount St Helens is located?
(A) Chile (B) Japan
(C) Philippines (D) United States of America
25. Which segment of infrastructure sector got the maximum share in the Eleventh Plan's infrastructure allocations?
(A) Roads and Bridges (B) Electricity
(C) Telecom (D) Irrigation