TNPSC-VAO Exam Syllabus 2016
VAO Question Paper will come in 2 languages that of Tamil and English for 300 marks. The Total Village Administrative Officer Exam Qualifying marks are 90.
1. GENERAL SCIENCE Will Cover General appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of everyday observations and experience as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made any special study of any scientific discipline. The questions shall be from topics- in Physics, Chemistry and Biology viz.,. Scientific Laws, Scientific instruments, Inventions and Discoveries. Scientists and their contributions. Human Physiology, Diseases, their cause, cure and prevention, Diet-Balanced diet, human Genetics, Animals, Mammals and Birds, Environment and Ecology. Elements and Compounds. Acids, Bases and Salts and allied Subjects, Motion, Newtons Laws of Motion - Properties of Matter, Electricity, National Laboratories and other related topics.
2. HISTORY OF INDIA: Dates and events relating to indus Valley Civilisation, Vedic, Aryan and Sangam Age, Maurya Dynasty, Buddhism and Jainism, Guptas and Vardhanas, Pallavas, Cholas and Pandias, Sultanate and Mughal Period. Advent of European powers specially the British and other related topics.
3. GEOGRAPHY OF INDIA: Earth, Motions of Earth, Rotation and Revolution and their effects, Structure of Earth, Natural regions of India, Weather, Monsoon and Climate. Rainfall, Natural Calamities, Indian Towns and Places, Hill Stations, National parks, Major Ports, Crops and Minerals, Location of Major Industries, Forests and Wildlife, Population distribution in India and other related topics.
4. ECONOMICS AND COMMERCE: Agriculture, Major crops and crop pattern in India, Industrial Development, Major medium, small scale and cottage Industries of Tamil Nadu. Village and Rural Development in India. Housing, Drinking water and other developmental schemes - price policy, Inflation, population and unemployment problems, imports and exports.
5. INDIAN POLITY: Indian Consitution, Salient features, citizenship, elections, Parliament and State Legistature, Executive set up of States, Judiciary system, Local self Governments, Centre - State Relations, Language Policy, Foreign policy.
6. INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT: National freedom movement and attainment of independence - contribution of National Leaders like Bal Ganga Dhar Tilak, Gopalakrishna Gokhale, Dada Bhai Nauvroji Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru and others - Role of Tamil Nadu in Freedom Movement, Bharathiyar, V.O.C, Subramaniya Siva, Rajaji and others.
7. CURRENT EVENTS: Latest development in Science and technology, political developments in India, New developments in Trade, Transport and communication, historical events. Fine arts like dance, drama, films, painting, major literary works Games and Sports, National, International awards, National and International organisations, Abbreviations, who is who, Books and Authors, General Terminology, India and its Neighbours, present day India and other related topics.
8. MENTAL ABILITY TESTS: These tests are ment to verify the candidate's capability to draw conclusions through, inductive or deductive reasoning from tables and charts. It will include elementary problems from school mathematics.
VAO General Tamil Syllabus Download
3. General English
1. Match the following words and Phrases given in Column A with their meanings in Column B
2. Choose the correct 'Synonyms' for the underlined word from the options given
3. Choose the correct 'Antonyms' for the underlined word from the options given
4. Select the correct word (Prefix, Suffix)
5. Fill in the blanks with suitable Article.
6. Fill in the blanks with suitable preposition
7. Select the correct Question Tag
8. Select the correct Tense.
9. Select the correct Voice
10. Fill in the blanks (infinitive, Gerund, participle)
11. Identify the sentence pattern of the following sentence (Subject, Verb, Object ...)
12. Change the following:- (Verb into Noun, Noun into Verb, Adjective into Adverb)
13. Fill in the Blanks with correct 'Homophones'
14. Find out the Error (Articles, prepositions, Noun Verb Adjective, Adverb)
16. Select the correct Sentence
17. Find out the odd Words, (Verb, Noun, Adjective, Adverb)
18. Select the Correct Plural Forms
19. Identify the sentence (Simple, Compound, Complex Sentence)
20. Identify the correct Degree.