• The Asian Games, officially known as Dsiad, is a multi-sport event held every four years among athletes from all over Asia.
• The Games were regulated by the Asian Games Federation (AGF) from the first Games in New Delhi, India until the 1978 Games.
• The idea of the Asian Games was first conceived by Prof. G.D. Sondhi. The suggestion for holding the Asian Games was first made in a conference of Asian countries held in New Delhi in 1947 and Jawaharlal Nehru suggested that it be called ‘Asian Games’.
• The first Asian Games were held at New Delhi in March 1951.
• Since the 1982 Games they have been organized by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA), after the breakup of the Asian Federation.
• The times are recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and are described as the second largest, multi-sport event after the Olympic Games.
• In its history, nine nations have hosted the Asian Games.
• 46 Nations have participated in the Games, including Israel, which was excluded from the Games after their last participation in the Games, Including Israel, Which was excluded from the Games after their last participation in 1974.
• The last Asian Games was held at Incheon, the South Korea last 19 September to 4 October 2014.
• The next Games will be held at Jakarta-Palembang, Indonesia form 18 August to 2 September 2018
Venues of Asian Games–
|1951||New Delhi, India||1954||Manila, Philippines|
|1958||Tokyo, Japan||1962||Jakarta, Indonesia|
|1966||Bangkok, Thailand||1970||Bangkok, Thailand|
|1974||Tehran, Iran||1978||Bangkok, Thailand|
|1982||New Delhi, India||1986||Seoul, South Korea|
|1990||Beijing, China||1994||Hiroshima, Japan|
|1998||Bangkok, Thailand||2002||Busan (formerly-Pusan), South Korea|
|2006||Doha, Qatar||2010||Guangzhou, China|
|2014||Incheon, S. Korea (Scheduled)||2014||Incheon, South Korea|
Asian Games GK Questions and Answers
1. What is the symbol of Asian Games? - Flashing Sun
2. First Asian Games held in which Country? - March 4, 1951-New Delhi
3. Which country will host the 2018 Asian Games? - In Indonesia's capital Jakarta
4. Next Asian Games 2022 venue? - In Hangzhou, China
5. What is the mascot of Asian Game 2018? - Bhin Bhin, Atung and Ika
6. Who is the father of Asian Games? - Professor Guru Dutt Sondhi
7. In 1966, which game was the first in India comes? - Hockey
8. Where was the first Asian Games held? - at the National Stadium of New Delhi
9. Asian Games are held after every? - 4 Years
10. Badminton included in Asian Games? - 2002
11. Hockey included in Asian Games? - 2002
12. Volleyball included in Asian Games? - 1958
13. Which animal represent in the mascot in Delhi Asian Games 1982? - Appu (Indian elephant)
14. Who inaugurated first Asian Games? - Dr. Rajendra Prasad
15. When were the Asian Games held in India? - 1951 and 1982
16. What is the motto of the Asian Games? - Always Forward/Ever Onward
17. Where was the first Asian Games held in 1951? - New Delhi
18. Where did the first Asian Games started? - New Delhi
19. When was Kabaddi first introduced in the Asian Games? - 2006
20. Who has named the Asian Games? - Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
21. Asian Games last held in India? - 1982
22. 19th Asian Games were held in the year? - 2022