NABARD Agriculture and Rural Development Questions MCQ PDF - The NABARD Grade 'B' Officer Exam, 2017 was conducted on 6 August 2017. We are giving 40 questions with answers of Agriculture and Rural Management asked in NABARD Grade 'B' Officer exam of 2017. To download these questions, click on the link given below. These all questions will very helpful to you for the forthcoming government competitive exams and will increase your intelligence skills.
Agriculture and Rural Management Solved Paper
1. Which of the following States has launched 'Mukhyamantri Jal Swavalamban Abhiyan Scheme' ?
(A) Rajasthan (B) Madhya Pradesh (C) Kerala
(D) Goa (E) Uttar Pradesh (Ans : A)
2. The interdisciplinary scientific study of the atmosphere is known as–
(A) Zoology (B) Neurology (C) Meteorology
(D) Meteorite (E) Biology (Ans : C)
3. National Rural Health Mission has been launched in the country in–
(A) 2003 (B) 2005 (C) 2007
(D) 2009 (E) 2010 (Ans : B)
4. The Panchayati Raj System in India was introduced by which constitutional amendment?
(A) Constitutional Amendment, 1982 (B) Constitutional Amendment, 1992
(C) Constitutional Amendment, 2002 (D) Constitutional Amendment, 2012
(E) None of the above (Ans : B)
5. How often under the Mid-day Meal Programme, should the assessment of Percentage of Underweight children at school level be done?
(A) Yearly (B) Half-yearly (C) Quarterly
(D) Monthly (E) None of the above (Ans : B)
6. Which forest community of Central India sent a petition against stopping of shifting cultivation in 1892 ?
(A) Muria (B) Biagas (C) Bhatra
(D) Maria (E) None of the above (Ans : B)
7. The deficiency of which of the following causes poor plant growth and pale green or yellow leaves?
(A) Potassium (B) Phosphorus (C) Nitrogen
(D) Sulphur (E) Sodium (Ans : D)
8. Which of the following is responsible for the whitening of leaves?
(A) Chlorosis (B) Transpiration (C) Respiration
(D) Photosynthesis (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : A)
9. What is the scientific name of cotton plant?
(A) Ocimum sanctum (B) Coriandrum sativum (C) Curcuma longa
(D) Gossypium herbaceum (E) Allium cepa (Ans : D)
10. Where is the headquarter of International Fund for Agriculture Development located?
(A) Vienna, Austria (B) Rome, Italy (C) New York, USA
(D) Berlin, Germany (E) Geneva, Switzerland (Ans : B)
11. A 'plantation crop' is grown on a large piece of land usually in a tropical or semi-tropical area specifically planted for widespread commercial sale and usually tended by resident labourers. Which of the following crops may be treated as a plantation crop?
(A) Cereals and Pulses (B) Fruits and Vegetables (C) Wheat, Rice, Maize and Millets
(D) Tea, Coffee, Coconut, Rubber (E) Cotton, Jute, Sugarcane, Tobacco (Ans : D)
12. What is the initial fund allocated to the Dairy Processing Infra-structure Fund ?
(A) Rs. 2,000 crore (B) Rs. 4,000 crore (C) Rs. 6,000 crore
(D) Rs. 8,000 crore (E) Rs. 10,000 crore (Ans : D)
13. The Blue Revolution is related with–
(A) Fish production (B) Meat production (C) Grains production
(D) Pulses production (E) Oilseeds production (Ans : A)
14. The aggregate limit per borrower for loans to corporate farmers engaged in Agriculture and Allied Activities considered as agriculture under priority sector advances is–
(A) Rs. 2.1 crore (B) Rs. 2 crore (C) Rs. 6.8 crore
(D) Rs. 4.5 crore (E) Rs. 4 crore (Ans : B)
15. What is the average weight of annual drawn mouldboard plough?
(A) 1.2 kg (B) 4.5 kg (C) 2.5 kg to 3.8 kg
(D) 5.8 kg to 3.6 kg (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : E)
16. The sugarcane production in the country has exceeded ............... lakh tonnes for the year 2016-17, as per the estimate of agriculture production by Govt. of India.
(A) 4200 (B) 3700 (C) 3200
(D) 4000 (E) 3060 (Ans : E)
17. Soil Health Card is a nationwide program to conduct farm level soil analysis. In which year, the Soil Health Card Scheme was launched?
(A) 2013 (B) 2014 (C) 2016
(D) 2012 (E) 2015 (Ans : E)
18. Which of the following becomes the first State to use Automated Weather Stations (AWS) for farmers?
(A) Rajasthan (B) Gujarat (C) Madhya Pradesh
(D) Maharashtra (E) West Bengal (Ans : D)
19. SAMPADA is a scheme launched by the Union Government for reducing food wastage and increasing farmers' income by 2022. What is the full form of SAMPADA?
(A) Scheme for Agro-Marine Produce Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters
(B) Scheme for Agro-Marine Production Processed and Developed Agriculture
(C) Scheme for Agriculture, Marine, Processing and Development Aid
(D) Scheme for Agriculture Mega Processing and Developing Aid
(E) Other than those given as options (Ans : A)
20. In which of the following States, City 'Centre on Integrated Rural Development for Asia and the Pacific' (CIRDAP) is established?
(A) Chennai (B) Lucknow (C) Bhopal
(D) Mumbai (E) Hyderabad (Ans : E)
21. The scientific study of the movement, distribution and quality of water on earth, including water resources and environmental watershed sustainability is known as-
(A) Hydrology (B) Meteorology (C) Aerography
(D) Cerography (E) Metrology (Ans : A)
22. The practice of raising, grazing livestock such as, cattle or sheep for meat or wool is known as–
(A) Silviculture (B) Permaculture (C) Ranching
(D) Breeding (E) Animal Husbandry (Ans : C)
23. Maximum number of operational land holdings in India is which type of holding?
(A) Small Holdings (B) Large Holdings (C) Medium Holdings
(D) Marginal Holdings (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : D)
24. Which of the following Institute has recently developed genetically-modified cotton varieties?
(A) G. B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology
(B) Punjab Agricultural University
(C) Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
(D) Indian Agricultural Research Institute
(E) University of Agricultural (Ans : B)
25. Sciences, Bengaluru, Karnataka Sugarcane crops are examples of which type of croping ?
(A) Ratoon (B) Multiple (C) Mixed
(D) Parallel (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : A)
26. India's first Agriculture University is established in which State?
(A) Jharkhand (B) Haryana (C) Uttar Pradesh
(D) Maharashtra (E) Madhya Pradesh (Ans : C)
27. The Union Ministry of Commerce has launched pilot 'RISPC' for protecting growers of plantation crops from twin risks of yield loss. What does 'R' in 'RISPC' stands for?
(A) Regeneration (B) Revenue (C) Rigorous
(D) Raise (E) Rotational (Ans : B)
28. Which of the following States has won the best horticulture award organised by Indian Council of Food and Agriculture?
(A) Maharashtra (B) Uttar Pradesh (C) Haryana
(D) West Bengal (E) Tripura (Ans : C)
29. Which of the following green manure crops contains highest amount of nitrogen?
(A) Dhaincha (B) Sunnhemp (C) Cowpea
(D) Guar (E) Alfalfa (Ans : A)
30. Which of the following is not a nitrogenous fertilizer?
(A) Ammonium Sulphate (B) Urea (C) Ammonium Nitrate
(D) Super Phosphate (E) Ammonium Bicarbonate (Ans : D)
31. The first phase of Saurastra Narmada Avataran Irrigation (SAUNI) Yojana was launched at which of the following Indian States?
(A) Madhya Pradesh (B) Haryana (C) Andhra Pradesh
(D) Gujarat (E) West Bengal (Ans : D)
32. Asia's first Rice Technology Park to be established in–
(A) Andhra Pradesh (B) Maharashtra (C) Uttar Pradesh
(D) Tamil Nadu (E) Kamataka (Ans : E)
33. Crop rotation helps to–
(A) lessen use of pesticides (B) yield more crops (C) produce a greater choice of plant products
(D) eliminate parasites, which have selective hosts (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : B)
34. Which of the following Committee has been constituted for doubling farmers' income by 2022 ?
(A) Ashok Mehta Committee (B) Sachar Committee (C) Ashok Dalwai Committee
(D) Naresh Chandra Committee (E) Shah Nawaz Committee (Ans : C)
35. Which of the following chemical is used for controlling the mites?
(A) Fungicides (B) Mematicides (C) Acaricides
(D) Insecticides (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : C)
36. Parthenocarpy occurs in which of the following?
(A) Peach (B) Mango (C) Jackfruit
(D) Banana (E) Apple (Ans : C)
37. At the vegetative growth stage, flowering is stopped in foodgrain crops known as.
(A) sigmoid growth curve (B) determinate growth (C) indeterminate growth
(D) grand growth period (E) None of the above (Ans : B)
38. 'NABARD' (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural development–a Apex Banking Institution provides finance for agriculture and rural development, was established on–
(A) 12 July, 1982 (B) 12 July, 1985 (C) 10 August, 1986
(D) 15 September, 1987 (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : A)
39. Jute cultivation in India is concentrated in delta area of which of the following rivers?
(A) Ganga (B) Mahanadi (C) Brahmaputra
(D) Godavari (E) Kaveri (Ans : A)
40. What culture should be given priority in. groundnut cultivation?
(A) Mycorrhiza (B) Rhizobium (C) Phosphobacteria
(D) Azospirillum (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : B)