NDA & NA Entrance Exam Solved Paper 2017, NDA Question Paper 2017 with Solution - (Hold on 10 September, 2017) We are giving 50 questions with answers of General English asked in NDA/NA Exam (II) of 2017.
Directions (Q. Nos. 1-10) Each item in this section consists of a sentence with an underlined wold/words followed by four options. Select the option that is nearest in meaning to the underlined world/words.
1. The discussion was wound up after a long fruitful exchange of view.
a. postponed b. cut short c. interrupted d. concluded (Ans : d)
2. He was fully alive to the need for making adjustments.
a. concerned about b. worried about
c. aware of d. indifferent about (Ans : c)
3. The police officer tried to intimidate the witness but in vain.
a. inform b. reward c. frighten d. persuade (Ans : c)
Read Also : NDA/NA Solved General Knowledge (GK) Question Paper 2017
4. We must adopt drastic measures to control population growth.
a. simple b. dramatic c. realistic d. severe (Ans : d)
5. He is extremely meticulous in his approach.
a. simple b. careful c. fair d. reasonable (Ans : b)
6. The experts' minute examination brought to light some important clues.
a. quick b. detailed c. superficial d. prolonged (Ans : b)
7. The decision of the Union government to repeal the Urban Land Ceiling Act has been welcomed by all.
a. suppress b. amend c. cancel d. withhold (Ans : c)
8. This is his maiden appearance on the screen.
a. first . b. last c. girlish d. shy (Ans : a)
9. At the end of the marathon everybody was exhausted.
a. weakened b. honoured c. satisfied d. tired (Ans : d)
10. He gave me a counterfeit coin.
a. rare b. fake c. unmatured d. inferior (Ans : b)
Directions (Q. Nos. 11-20) Each item in this section consists of a sentence with an underlined word/words followed by four options. Select the option that is opposite in meaning to the underlined word/words.
11, My mother has been working hard for the last two weeks and she feels run down.
a. morbid b. energetic c. exhausted d. emotional (Ans : b)
12. The President condemned the Act of violence during the celebration of the festival.
a. reason b. instigation c. restraint d. sobriety (Ans : d)
13. The students made a generous contribution to the flood relieffund.
a. niggard b. selfish c. spendthrift d. indecent (Ans : a)
14. He was just idle by temperament.
a. employed b. occupied c. industrious d. happy (Ans : e)
15. Most of the decisions taken by the officer were unjust.
a. serious b. lenient c. correct d. imbecile (Ans : c)
16. He is a loving father and takes great delight in his children.
a. revolt b. dissatisfaction c. enjoyment d. disgust (Ans : d)
17. He was quite concerned about his son's career.
a. unrelated b. indifferent c. dispassionate d. carefree (Ans : b)
18. They are confident of success,
a. imprudent b. impatient c. diffident d. reluctant (Ans : c)
19. We carried on the search for the missing person.
a. delayed b. reconsidered c. broke up d. called off (Ans : d)
20. This TV has many indigenous components.
a. Indian b. foreign c. unnatural d. genuine (Ans : b)
Directions (Q. Nos. 21-30) In the following passage, at certain points you are given a choice of four words marked (a), (b), (c) and (d), one of which fits the meaning of the passage. Choose the best word out of the four. Mark the letter, viz. , (a), (b), (c) or'(d), relating to this word .
After this incident I went to Nainital, and returned after nearly a month, I had (21.) a. hardly / b. barely / c. merely / d. rarely (Ans : b) taken (22.) a. out / b. away / c. off / d. on (Ans : c) my clothes when I saw Gangu standing (23.) a. by / b. mear / c. with / d. at (Ans : c) a new baby. He was (24.) a. jumping / b. bursting / c. dancing / d. singing (Ans : a) with joy. Even Nanda (25.) a. could / b. would / c. should / d. ought (Ans : b) not have (26.) a. experimented / b. shown / c. felt / d. heard (Ans : c) such joy (27.) a. at b. in c. on d. into (Ans : a) getting Krishna. His face had the same. (28.) a. light / b. glow/ c. sense / d. hope (Ans : b) that (29.) a. comes / b. appears / c. rises / d. shows (Ans : b) on the face of a (30.) a. starved / b. starving / c. hungry / d. satisfied man after a full meal.
Directions (Q. Nos. 31-35) Each of the following items in this section consists of a sentence, the parts of which have been jumbled. These parts have been labelled P, Q, Rand S. Given below each sentence are four sequences namely (a), (b), (c) and (d). You are required to re-arrange the jumbled parts of the sentence and mark your response accordingly.
31. The Spirit of man / has slowly and painfully surmounted (P) / and his growing intelligencde (Q) / all the obstacles that have come in his way (R) / has faced all kinds of dangers (S).
a. QPSR b. SQPR c. RPQS d. PRQS (Ans : b)
32. After our school boys had won a well-contested hockey match / so that they might communicate the news of their victory to the headmaster (P) / who is a keen sportsman (Q) / they come to school in high spirits (S) / and takes a very lively interest in school games (S)
a. QPSR. b. SQPR c. RPQS d. PRQS (Ans : c)
33. Even a leisurely game like cricket / demanding grace rather than strength and (P) / over the rough tactics of the Australian team that visited England in 1921 (Q) / as we saw in the controversy over body-line bowling (R) / can cause much ill-will (S)
a. PSRQ b. RSPQ c. SRQP d. QPRS (Ans : c)
34. Scientists point out (P)/ of sunspot activity (Q) / that it is an aftermath that (R) has now reached its peak of the eleven-year cycle (S)
a. RSPQ b. PQSR c. QRPS d. QSPR (Ans : c)
35. As the ship streams from San Diego / as walls of gray water from a distant storm in the North Pacific (P) / making the greener among us miserable with sea sickness (Q) / rock and toss the ship (R) / those of us aboard have a personal demonstration of powerful ocean movement (S)
a. PQRS b. SRPQ c. SPRQ d. QSRP (Ans : c)
Directions (Q. Nos. 36-40) Each item in this section has a sentence with three underlinec parts labelled as (a), (b) and (c). Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in any underlined part and mark your response to corresponding letter i. e. , (a), (b) or (c). If you find no error, your response should be indicated as (d).
36. An electrical circuit (a) / is the complete path (b) / traversed by electric current. (c) No error (d) (Ans : c)
37. He waved us a by-by (a) / as he boarded the train (b)/ which disappeared into the tunnel. (c) No error (d) (Ans : a)
38. There was great deal that had to be scrapped, that must be scrapped; (a) / but surely India could not have been what she undoubtedly was, (b) / and could not have continued a cultured existence for thousands of years. (c) No error (d) (Ans : d)
39. With regard to interior decoration, it is the attention given to the less overt aspects of using space (a) / that give it life, an identity, a quality (b) / that makes it exciting and unusual. (c) No error (d) (Ans : b)
40. A small parcel (a) / of novels is (b) / better than none. (c) No error (d) (Ans : d)
Directions (Q. Nos. 41-50) Each of the following sentence in this section has a blank space and four words/group of words given after the sentence. Select the word or group/words, you consider most appropriate for the bla nk space and mark your response accordingly.
41. He looks as if he ......................weary.
a. is b. was c. would be d. were (Ans : a)
42. My house is insured ...................... theft and fire.
a. for b. against c. in d. towards (Ans : b)
43. The result of the prolonged discussion was
a. disappointment b. disappointing c. disappointed d. to disappoint (Ans : b)
44. You are lucky ...................... in the 20th century.
a. by being born b. to have been born c. for being born d. to have born (Ans : b)
45. Sita is true to
a. word b. her words c. the words d. words (Ans : b)
46. Years ......................since I saw her last.
a. have passed b. had passed c. had been passing d. have been passing (Ans : a)
47. When. he heard the terrible noise he asked me what was ...................... on.
a. happening b. being c. getting d. going (Ans : d)
48. Could you lend me some money? I am very ...................... of cash at the moment.
a. down b. low c. short d. scarce (Ans : c)
49. I saw her when she was standing the side of the old statue.
a. by b. at c. in d. beyond (Ans : b)
50. True friends never ...................... their loved ones in adversity.
a. abuse b. criticise c. befool d. desert (Ans : d)