This is for the first time that Uber has signed any brand ambassador across the Asia Pacific region.
Last month, it had named footballer Mohamed Salah as the brand ambassador for the Egypt market.
India is a key market for Uber, which is locked in an intense battle for market leadership with homegrown player, Ola.
Full list of brand ambassadors appointed recently is important for government exams preparation. Here is the list–
● Bindheswar Pathak : Swachh Rail Mission
● Virat Kohli : Uber India Cab Ride
● Dia Mirza : Swachh Saathi programme
● John Abraham : Arunachal Pradesh
● Lionel Messi : Tata Motors global
● M S Dhoni : Craig McDermott International Cricket Academy (Australia).
● M S Dhoni : Mobile handset maker Lava International
● Madhuri Dixit : INTEX.
● Madhuri Dixit : Mothers’ Absolute Affection.
● Narendra Modi : Incredible India
● Nawazuddin Siddiqui : UP’s ‘Samajwadi Kisan Beema Yojana’.
● P V Sindhu : CRPF
● P V Sindhu and Sakshi Malik : Swachh Bharat Mission.
● Priyanka Chopra : Assam tourism
● R Ashwin : Equitas SFB
● Rahul Dravid : T20 World Cup for the blind
● Ramdev : Yoga and Ayurveda
● Ranbir Kapoor : Renault India
● Ricky Ponting : Tasmania
● Sachin Tendulkar : Kerala’s anti-liquor campaign
● Sakshi Malik : Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign for Haryana.
● Salman Khan : BMC’s Open Defecation Free drive.
● Salman Khan :Yellow Diamond, snack maker
● Shatrughan Sinha : Bihar
● Sonam Kapoor : Kalyan Jewellers
● Sunil Gavaskar : The First Group.
● Vidya Balan : UP’s Samajwadi Pension Yojna.
● Virat Kohli : BSF.
● Virat Kohli : Manyavar
● Virat Kohli : Punjab National Bank
● Virat Kohli : Valvoline