Railway Protection Force (RPF/RPSF) exam of the year 2015 held on dated 15-02-2015. We are giving 50 questions of General Awareness of this exam with answers. These questions not only develop of your I.Q. but will useful for upcoming Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) exams also.
1. Which of these states has the longest international border ?
(a) Nagaland (b) Mizoram (c) Arunachal Pradesh (d) Assam (Ans : c)
2. Which of these fabrics is named after a French dress maker?
(a) Linen (b) Crepe (c) Georgette (d) Chiffon (Ans : c)
3. Who was the founder of Sikhism?
(a) Guru Govind Singh (b) Guru Ramdass (c) Guru Nanak (d) Ranjeet Singh (Ans : c)
Also See : RPF Maths Solved Question Paper 2015
4. Who is the founder of Patna's famous Super 30 institute that coaches economically back- ward students for IIT JEE ?
(a) Anurag Anand (b) Sushil Kumar (c) Anand Kumar (d) Nitish Kumar (Ans : c)
5. Shri Narendra Modi is the ……of India.
(a) Speaker of Lok Sabha (b) Prime Minister (c) Leader of Opposition (d) President (Ans : b)
6. National Unity Day is celebrated in India on.
(a) 30th January (b) 29th August (c) 31st October (d) 2nd October (Ans : c)
7. Which continent is the Giraffe native to?
(a) Australia (b) Africa (c) America (d) Asia (Ans : b)
8. Sumo is a traditional form of wrestling of which country ?
(a) China (b) Japan (c)Vietnam (d) South Korea (Ans : b)
9. Amir Khusro was the famous poet in the court of.
(a) Shah Jahan (b) Alauddin Khilji (c) Akbar (d) Sher Shah Suri (Ans : b)
10. Which of these medical conditions is classified into Type-1 and Type-2 ?
(a) Diabetes (b) Hepatitis (c) Night Blindness (d) Common Cold (Ans : a)
11. Who is the Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Armed Forces?
(a) Prime Minister (b) Vice-President (c) Chief of Army Staff (d) President (Ans : d)
12. The surface of which of these planets is not solid ?
(a) Jupiter (b) Mars (c) Venus (d) Mercury (Ans : a)
13. With which main ingredient is litti, a food item from Bihar. stuffed?
(a) Onion (b) Potato (c) Vegetables (d) Gram Flour (Ans : d)
14. Which natural phenomenon conducts carbon dioxide fixation in plants?
(a) Sunlight (b) Rain (c) Thunder (d) Cosmic Rays (Ans : a)
15. Other than cricket which game also has a striker?
(a) Ludo (b) Kho- Kho (c) Carrom (d) Chess (Ans : c)
16. Islamic State is not waging a battle against–
(a) Ukraine (b) Lebanon (c) Iraq (d) Syria (Ans : a)
17. Which of these places got its name from a local word for mangrove trees?
(a) Vrindavan (b) Sunderbans (c) Mussoorie (d) Madhubani (Ans : b)
18. Name the Chief Minister of Jharkhand.
(a) Babulal Marandi (b) Arjun Munda (c) Raghubar Das (d) Hemant Soren (Ans : c)
19. If you are in Red Fort, which city are you visiting?
(a) Agra (b) Hyderabad (c) Jaipur (d) Delhi (Ans : d)
20. Which of these is Dot a port city on the Arabian Sea?
(a) Panaji (b) Vishakhapatnam (c) Mumbai (d) Mangalore (Ans : b)
21. Which of these Asian countries is not landlocked?
(a) Afghanistan (b) Laos (c) Mongolia (d) Cambodia (Ans : d)
22. Which was the first hill passenger railway opened in India in 1881 ?
(a) Kalka Shimla Railway (b) Matheran Hill Railway (c) Nilgiri Mountain Railway (d) Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (Ans : d)
23. What does CO stand for?
(a) Carbon (b) Carbon monoxide (c) Coal (d) Carbon dioxide (Ans : b)
24. Raslila dance is associated with which God ?
(a) Lord Shiva (b) Lord Ganesha (c) Lord Indra (d) Lord Krishna (Ans : d)
25. Which of the following is an Indian online retail company?
(a) Alibaba Group (b) Amazon (c) eBay (d) Jabong (Ans : d)
26. For making which sweet is winter melon or white gourd soaked in sugar syrup?
(a) Jalebi (b) Petha (c) Gulab Jamun (d) Murabba (Ans : b)
27. Which of these is an essential component of most acids?
(a) Hydrogen (b) Oxygen (c) Helium (d) Nitrogen (Ans : a)
28. Sir Creek is a disputed territory between India and.
(a) Myanmar (b) Nepal (c) Pakistan (d) Bangladesh (Ans : c)
29. Which of these is essential to keep bones strong in the body?
(a) Iodine (b) Zinc (c) Fats (d) Calcium (Ans : a)
30. How many different kinds of zodiac signs are there in Astrology ?
(a) 12 (b) 16 (c) 14 (d) 11 (Ans : a)
31. The Nobel Peace Prize for 2014 has been awarded to–
(a) Kailash Satyarthi (b) Barack Obama (c) Kailash Satyarthi and Tawakkul Karman (d) Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousafzai (Ans : d)
32. The autobiography of which freedom fighter is titled 'Atmakatha' which he wrote during his prison time in Bankipore Jail in Patna?
(a) Rajendra Prasad (b) Ram Manohar Lohia (c) Lal Bahadur Shastri (d) Jayaprakash Narayan (Ans : a)
33. Which was the first element to be artificially produced?
(a) Technetium (b) Francium (c) Einsteinium (d) Promethium (Ans : a)
34. Who was the host of TV show 'Big Boss 8' '?
(a) Salman Khan (b) Amitabh Bachchan (c) Shah Rukh Khan (d) Amir Khan (Ans : a)
35. Which of the following is not a social networking website?
(a) Facebook (b) hi5 (c) Wikipedia (d) Twitter (Ans : c)
36. In the Northern Hemisphere, around which date does the summer solstice occur?
(a) 21st June (b) 22nd July (c) 23rd May (d) 31st March (Ans : a)
37. Which of these fruits is not rich in vitamin C ?
(a) Orange (b) Kiwi (c) Lemon (d) Apple (Ans : d)
38. Deepika Kumari is associated with which sport ?
(a) Shooting (b) Wrestling (c) Archery (d) Football (Ans : c)
39. Which of these countries is an archipelago?
(a) Laos (b) Chile (c) Philippines (d) Argentina (Ans : c)
40. Flight 17, which was shot down over Ukraine was a scheduled international passenger flight to Kuala Lumpur from–
(a) Amsterdam (b) Moscow (c) Paris (d) London (Ans : a)
41. Manik Sarkar is the Chief Minister of–
(a) Assam (b) Tripura (c) West Bengal (d) Sikkim (Ans : b)
42. Kaziranga National Park is most famous for–
(a) Swamp Deer (b) Wild Ass (c) One-homed Rhinoceros (d) Asiatic Lion (Ans : c)
43. Which was the last autonomous territory or protectorate to integrate with the Indian union?
(a) Puducherry (b) Sikkim (c) Diu (d) Goa (Ans : b)
44. Which country will host the 2016 Summer Olympic Games?
(a) Argentina (b) Russia (c) Japan (d) Brazil (Ans : d)
45. Rann of Kutch is situated in which state?
(a) Bihar (b) Rajasthan (c) Gujarat (d) Maharashtra (Ans : c)
46. Which new university named after an ancient centre of learning in its vicinity, began its academic session in 2014 ?
(a) Takshila (b) Nalanda (c) Pushpagiri (d) Vikramshila (Ans : b)
47. The sign for which mathematical function is the logo of the Red Cross society ?
(a) Subtraction (b) Multiplication (c) Division (d) Addition (Ans : d)
48. Who was the ruling Governor General of India when the power was transferred from the East India Company to the British crown ?
(a) Lord Irwin (b) Lord Canning (c) Lord Curzon (d) Lord Mountbatten (Ans : b)
49. Wangchuck dynasty is the ruler of which country ?
(a) Brunei (b) Indonesia (c) Myanmar (d) Bhutan (Ans : d)
50. Which of these Union Cabinet ministers have never served a the Chief Minister of any State or Union territory ?
(a) Ram Vilas Paswan (b) D.V. Sadananda Gowda (c) Rajnath Singh (d) Sushma Swaraj (Ans : a)