The Railway Recruitment Cell Group D Exam was conducted on 9 November 2014. The RRC Group D question paper contains 100 Questions (74 General Awareness and 26 Math) in various languages. These all questions will very helpful to you for the forthcoming RRB competitive exams and will increase your intelligence skills.
1. A student has to score 30% marks to get through. If he gets 30 marks and fails by 30 marks. Find the maximum marks set for the examination.
(a) 180 (b) 210 (c) 200 (d) 220 (Ans : c)
2. A candidate scores 25% and fails by 60 marks, while an another candidate who scores 50% marks, get 40 marks more than the mini- mum required marks to pass the examination. Find the maximum marks of the examination–
(a) 360 (b) 380 (c) 400 (d) 420 (Ans : c)
Also See : RRC Group D Exam Solved General Awareness Questions
3. The sum of the present ages of a father and his son is 60 years. Six years ago, father's age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, son's age will be–
(a) 12 years (b) 14 years (c) 18 years (d) 20 years (Ans : d)
4. An error 2% in excess is made while measuring the side of a square. The percentage of error in the calculated area of the square is–
(a) 2% (b) 2. 02% (c) 4% (d) 4. 04% (Ans : d)
5. A clock is started at noon. By 10 minutes past 5, the hour hand has turnod through–
(a) 1450 (b) 1500 (c) 1550 (d) 1600 (Ans : c)
6. An automobile financier claims to be lending money at simple interest, but he includes the interest every six months for calculating the principal. If he is charging an interest of 10%, the effective rate of interest becomes–
(a) 10% (b) 10.25% (c) 10.5% (d) 10.75% (Ans : c)
7. (√10 - 3) (√10 + 3) = ?
(a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 2√10 (d) 6 (Ans : a)
8. Rajesh walked 25 m towards south. Then he turned to his left and walked 20 m. He then turned to his left and walked 25 m. He again turned to his right and walked-15 m. At what distance is he from the starting point and in which direction?
(a) 35 m East (b) 35 m North (c) 30 m West (d) 45 m East (Ans : a)
9. A lent Rs. 600 to B for 2 years and Rs. 150 to C for 4 years and received Rs. 90 from both as interest. Find out rate of interest, simple interest being calculated.
(a) 5% (b) 7% (c) 8% (d) 9% (Ans : a)
10. In a certain store, the profit is 320% of the cost. If the cost increases by 25% but the selling price remains constant, approximately what percentage of the selling price is the profit?
(a) 70% (b) 80% (c) 90% (d) None of the above (Ans : d)
11. A sum of Rs. 468. 75 was lent out at simple interest and at the end of 1 year 8 months the total amount was Rs. 500. Find the rate of interest per annum.
(a) 4% (b) 5% (c) 6% (d) 7% (Ans : a)
12. Rs. 800 amounts to Rs. 920 in 3 years at simple interest. If the interest rate is increased by 3% to how much would it amount?
(a) Rs. 892 (b) Rs. 829 (c) Rs. 992 (d) Rs. 929 (Ans : c)
13. Amit said, "This girl is the wife of the grandson of my mother". How is Amit related to the girl?
(a) Brother (b) Grandfather (c) Husband (d) Father-in-Law (Ans : d)
14. Pointing towards a man, a woman said, "His mother is the only daughter of my mother. " How is the woman related to the man ?
(a) Mother (b) Grandmother (c) Sister (d) Daughter (Ans : a)
15. In a coding system, PEN is written by as NZO and BARK as CTSL. How can we write PRANK?
(a) CSTZN (b) NSTOL (c) NTSLO (d) NZTOL (Ans : b)
16. If TEACHER is coded a LMKJNMP, then how will HEART be coded ?
(a) NMAPL (b) NMPKL (c) NPKML (d) NMKPL (Ans : d)
17. Find the relationship as expressed in the given pair–
Calendar : Dates : : Dictioruuy :?
(a) Vocabulary (b) Language (c) Words (d) Book (Ans : a)
18. Find the relationship as expressed in the given pair–
Circle : Circumference : : Square : ?
(a) Volume (b) Area (c) Diagonal (d) Perimeter (Ans : d)
19. Find the relationship as expressed in the given pair–
Breeze : Cyclone : : Drizzle : ?
(a) Earthquake (b) Storm (c) Flood (d) Downpour (Ans : d)
20. Find the relationship as expressed in the given pair–
Import : Export : : Expenditure : ?
(a) Deficit (b) Revenue (c) Debt (d) Tax (Ans : b)
21. Find the missing number–
24, 60, 120, 210, ?
(a) 300 (b) 336 (c) 420 (d) 525 (Ans : b)
22. Find the missing number–
3, 12, 27, 48, 75, 108, ?
(a) 147 (b) 162 (c) 183 (d) 192 (Ans : a)
23. Arrange the following words according to Dictionary arrangement–
1. Epitaxy 2. Episode 3. Epigene 4. Epitome
(a) 1, 2, 3, 4 (b) 3, 2, 4, 1 (c) 3, 2, 1, 4 (d) 4, 2, 1, 3 (Ans : c)
24. Fresh grapes contain 80% water while dry grapes contain 10% water. If the weight of dry grapes is 250 kg, what is the total weight when it was fresh?
(a) 1000 kg (b) 1100 kg (c) 1125 kg (d) 1225 kg (Ans : c)
25. A seller allows a discount of 5% on a watch. If he allows a discount of 7% he earns Rs. 15 less in the profit. What is the marked price?
(a) Rs. 697.5 (b) Rs. 712.5 (c) Rs. 750 (d) Rs. 817.5 (Ans : c)
26. An Aeroplane covers a certain distance at a speed of 240 kmph in 5 hours. To cover the same distance in 1 2/3 hours, it must travel at a speed of–
(a) 300 kmph (b) 360 kmph (c) 600 kmph (d) 720 kmph (Ans : d)