SSC Sub Inspector Syllabus 2017
The Written Exam for CAPF Sub Inspectors and CISF Assistant Sub Inspectors comprises of two papers Paper 1, Paper 2. And Paper 1 is further divided into 4 sections namely General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude English Comprehension. Where each section consists of 50 questions for 50 marks. On the other hand Paper 2 consists of 200 questions for 200 marks on English language & Comprehension section.
Note that Questions in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type. And each correctly answered question carries 1 mark and 0.25 marks will be deducted for wrong answer.
The detailed syllabus for SSC SI in CAPF and SSC ASI in CISF is as follows ::
(1) General Intelligence and Reasoning ::
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic/Number Analogy
- Figural Analogy,
- Semantic Classification,
- Symbolic/Number Classification,
- Figural Classification,
- Semantic Series,
- Number Series,
- Figural Series,
- Problem Solving,
- Word Building,
- Coding and de-coding,
- Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends,
- Space Orientation, Space Visualization,
- Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences,
- Punched hole/pattern-folding and un-folding, Figural Pattern- folding and completion,
- Indexing Address matching,
- Date and city matching Classification of centre codes/roll numbers, Small and Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification,
- Embedded Figures,
- Critical thinking,
- Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence
(2) General Awareness :
- Current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person.
- India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, scientific Research etc.
(3) Quantitative Aptitude : Whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time and work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle , Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram and Pie chart.
(4) English Comprehension : Basic comprehension and writing ability.
PAPER II SYLLABUS ::
English Language and Comprehension :
- understanding and knowledge of English Language and will be based on error recognition, filling in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc), Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words, comprehension etc.