Here we are providing General Studies Model Papers for IAS, UPSC exam and all other state exams–
1. With which one of the following is BRIT (Government of India) engaged ?
(A) Railway Wagons (B) Information Technology (C) Isotope Technology (D) Road Transport
Ans : Isotope Technology
2. Where was the first desalination plant in India to produce one lakh litres freshwater per day based on low temperature thermal desalination principle commissioned ?
(A) Kavaratti (B) Port Blair (C) Mangalore (D) Valsad
Ans : Kavaratti
3. Out of all the Biosphere Reserves in India, four have been recognized on the World Network by UNESCO. Which one of the following is not one of them ?
(A) Gulf of Mannar (B) Kanchenjunga (C) Nanda Devi (D) Sunderbans
Ans : Kanchenjunga
4. The instrument used for measuring blood pressure is called—
(A) Barometer (B) Sphygmomanometer (C) Tonometer (D) None of the above
Ans : Sphygmomanometer
5. Which Schedule of the Constitution of India contains special provisions for the administration and control of Scheduled Areas in several States?
(A) Third (B) Fifth (C) Seventh (D) Ninth
Ans : Fifth
6. To study the development of a child at different ages, the most appropriate method of investigation is—
(A) Longitudinal (B) Correlational (C) Naturalistic (D) Cross-sectional
Ans : Longitudinal
7. ISRO successfully conducted a rocket test using cryogenic engines in the year 2007. Where is the test stand used for the purpose, located ?
(A) Balasore (B) Thiruvananthapuram (C) Mahendragiri (D) Karwar
Ans : Mahendragiri
8. Movies exemplify the—
(A) Phi-phenomenon (B) Antikinetic effect (C) Saccadic movement (D) Purkinjee shift
Ans : Phi-phenomenon
9. In how many different ways can four books, A, B, C and D be arranged one above another in a vertical order such that the books A and B are never in continuous position ?
(A) 9 (B) 12 (C) 14 (D) 18
Ans : 12
10. Carpenter A can make a chair in 6 hours, carpenter B in 7 hours and carpenter C in 8 hours. If each carpenter works for 8 hours per day, how many chairs will be made in 21 days ?
(A) 61 (B) 67 (C) 73 (D) 79
Ans : 73
11. Who among the following Gandhian followers was a teacher by profession ?
(A) A. N. Sinha (B) Braj Kishore Prasad (C) J. B. Kriplani (D) Rajendra Prasad
Ans : J. B. Kriplani
12. Which one of the following was a journal brought out by Abul Kalam Azad ?
(A) Al-Hilal (B) Comrade (C) The Indian Sociologist (D) Zamindar
Ans : Al-Hilal
13. Who founded ‘National Mela’ ?
(A) Rajnarayan Bose (B) Naba Gopal Mitra (C) Jyotirindra Nath Tagore (D) Akshay Kumar Dutta
Ans : Naba Gopal Mitra
14. Who among the following was not involved in the conspiracy against Siraj-ud-Daulah ?
(A) Manikchand (B) Omichand (C) Mohanlal (D) Clive
Ans : Mohanlal
15. Who was the Governor-General of India at the time of the Sepoy Mutiny ?
(A) Lord Hastings (B) Wellesley (C) Dalhousie (D) Canning
Ans : Canning
16. Amir Khusro was the Court Poet of—
(A) Balban (B) Alauddin Khilji (C) Ghiyasuddin Tughluq (D) Akbar
Ans : Alauddin Khilji
17. The Civil Service was brought into existence in India by—
(A) Warren Hastings (B) Cornwallis (C) Dalhousie (D) Ripon
Ans : Cornwallis
18. Permanent Settlement was a feature of—
(A) Zamindari System (B) Mahalwary System (C) Ryotwari System (D) None of above
Ans : Zamindari System
19. Where did the Tebhaga Movement occur in 1946 ?
(A) Bihar (B) Punjab (C) Gujarat (D) Bengal
Ans : Bengal
20. Who founded Muslim League of India ?
(A) Nawab Salim Ullah (B) Syed Ahmad Khan (C) Abdul Gaffar Khan (D) R. A. Kidwai
Ans : Nawab Salim Ullah