1. Which of the following Indian city can boast of having the largest deployment of rooftop solar water heaters–
(A) Ahmedabad (B) Bangalore (C) Mumbai (D) Pune (Ans : B)
2. Which of the following gases has the greatest impact on global climate change?
(A) ozone (B) nitrous oxide (C) carbon dioxide (D) nitrogen' (Ans : C)
3. Burning fossil fuels in a low oxygen environment will most likely produce–
(A) carbon monoxide (B) hydrogen peroxide (C) sulfuric acid (D) radon gases (Ans : A)
4. Nitrogen oxides and hydrocarbons released by automobiles interact to form–
(A) Aerosol (B) Carbon monoxide (C) PAN & ozone (D) Sulphur dioxide (Ans : C)
5. Most of the air pollution that we experience is located in the–
(A) mesosphere (B) thermosphere (C) stratosphere (D) troposphere (Ans : D)
6. The destruction of the ozone layer primarily occurs in the–
(A) mesosphere (B) thermosphere (C) stratosphere (D) troposphere (Ans : C)
7. Which one of the following countries is the largest solar power producer in the world?
(A) China (B) Germany (C) Japan (D) USA (Ans : B)
8. The main chemical responsible for ozone depletion is–
(A) PAN (B) Hydrocarbon (C) Ereon (D) CFC (Ans : D)
9. Where do volatile organic compounds (VOCs) come from?
(A) paint thinners and solvents (B) in the stratosphere (C) from the sun (D) from the ozone layer (Ans : A)
10. From 1990 to 2006, what region of the world was able to reduce its GHGs?
(A) United Stales (B) European Union (C) Australia (D) Canada (Ans : B)
11. Which of the following is an endemic species found in Western Ghats, India?
(A) Marsh Mongoose (B) Indian Rhinoceros (C) Brown Palmcivet (D) Flying Squirrel (Ans : B)
12. The liquified petroleum gas (LPG) is produced during refinning of crude oil, its major components are–
(A) Methane and butane (B) Methane and ethane
(C) Propane and butane (D) Propane and methane (Ans : C)
13. The most powerful eye irritant present in the smog is–
(A) NO (B) O3 (C) PAN (D) SO2 (Ans : C)
14. Take a big breath of air. You have mostly just inhaled–
(A) nitrogen (B) oxygen (C) carbon dioxide (D) water (Ans : A)
15. Which one of the following loops is least susceptible to pollution?
(A) evapotranspiration loop (B) surface runoff loop
(C) precipitation loop (D) groundwater loop (Ans : B)
16. In India, Control of air pollution is protected by–
(A) Forest Act (B) Police Act (C) Environmental Pollution Act (D) Wildlife Act (Ans : C)
17. The pesticide that directly attacks the nervous system is–
(A) Aldrin (B) DDT (C) Organic Phosphates (D) None of the above (Ans : A)
18. What is the only industrialized country in the world that has not ratified the Kyoto Protocol?
(A) Japan (B) Russia (C) United States (D) France (Ans : C)
19. Which of (he following is a secondary pollutant in the troposphere but beneficial component in the stratosphere?
(A) ozone (B) nitrogen oxides (C) carbon monoxide (D) volatile organic compounds (Ans : B)
20. Biological Oxygen Demand determines the health of–
(A) Air (B) Water (C) Soil (D) All of the above (Ans : B)