Here, we are presenting solved paper of General Knowledge for Uttar Pradesh High Court Assistant Review Officer Exam. This exam was held on 18th December, 2016 on different examination centers. You can understand the pattern of AAO exams with the study of these questions and then you can get sure success in the next AAO exams.
1. Determine the decimal equivalent of (B14)16.
(a) (3268)10 (b) (2836)10 (c) (3286)10 (d) (2386)10 (Ans : b)
2. In DOS, which of the following commands is used to create or modify the volume level of a disk?
(a) LABEL. EXE (b) VOL. EXE (c) CHKVOL. EXE (d) MEM. EXE (Ans : a)
3. ………. port is used to connect digital camcorders, external hard drives and other devices that can benefit from the high transfer rates. It can also be used to connect two computers to transfer files.
(a) Parallel (b) Infrared (c) FireWire (d) Serial (Ans : c)
4. ………. infects the directory of a computer by changing the path that indicates the location of a file.
(a) Multipartite virus (b) Boot Sector virus (c) File System virus (d) Overwrite virus (Ans : c)
5. In Microsoft Excel, the basic function of ………. is to join two or more text strings together.
(a) VLOOKUP (b) SUMIF (c) DSUM (d) CONCATENATE (Ans : d)
6. Three of the following four are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
(a) Jackal (b) Tiger (c) Dog (d) Lion (Ans : c)
7. Three of the following four are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?
(a) 789 (b) 221 (c) 759 (d) 123 (Ans : b)
8. Which Rig-Vedic God was considered as the intermediary between gods and the people?
(a) Varuna (b) Agni (c) Surya (d) Indra (Ans : b)
9. Which Mauryan emperor started the general use of stone for monuments.
(a) Bindusara (b) Ashoka (c) Kunala (d) Chandragupta Maurya (Ans : b)
10. Which of the following books is not written by Amongavarsha-I ?
(a) Ratnamalika (b) Passanotharamalika (c) Adipurana (d) Kavirajamarga (Ans : c)
11. The greatest failure of the reign of Jahangir was–
(a) failure to secure an inch of land in the Deccan (b) the loss of Kandahar to Persia
(c) execution of Guru Arjan Dev (d) formation and ascendancy of the Nur Jahan junta (Ans : b)
12. In the medieval India, during the reigon of Shivaji, the role of the official called 'Dabir' was to–
(a) be the in-charge of intelligence/espionage activity (b) be the master of ceremonies in the royal court
(c) assist the king with his correspondence (d) be the in-charge of the king's personal security guard (Ans : b)
13. Which Bahmani ruler shifted the capital from Gulbarga to Bidar ?
(a) Mohammed Shah (b) Ahmed Shah (c) Yusuf Shah (d) Mahmud Shah (Ans : b)
14. Indian League was set up by Sisir Kumar Ghosh in the year ………. which was later succeeded by the Indian Association of Calcutta.
(a) 1876 (b) 1877 (c) 1878 (d) 1875 (Ans : d)
15. Which of the following Muslim Movements had a belief in universal religion of humanity and opposed jihad?
(a) Ahmadiya Movement (b) Titu Mir Movement (c) Faraizi Movement (d) Wahabi Movement (Ans : a)
16. During whose governance was the first Telegraph line started between Calcutta and Diamond Habour ?
(a) Lord Dalhousie (b) Lord Wellesley (c) Lord William Bentinck (d) Lord Cornwallis (Ans : a)
17. ………. escaped from India and worked with the Ghadar Party till 1947. He also started a newspaper named Peshwa.
(a) Sardar Ajit Singh (b) Moulvi Ahmadullah Shah (c) Gopal Ganesh Agarkar (d) Aruna Asaf Ali (Ans : a)
18. Who among. the following was the first Indian to become a minister in 1921 during the British rule?
(a) Upendranath Banerjee (b) Manindranath Banerjee (c) J. N. Banerjee (d) Surendranath Banerjee (Ans : d)
19. Which of the following represented a Bill for free and compulsory education in the Imperial Legislative Council?
(a) G.K. Gokhale (b) Dadabhai Naoroji (c) Abul Kalam Azad (d) R. Radhakrishnan (Ans : a)
20. Minimum Support Price is decided by the Government of India to save farmers from price fluctuations and provide support to the farmers. When was the last Minimum Support Price revised?
(a) 1st May, 2016 (b) 1st April, 2016 (c) 31st March, 2016 (d) 1st June, 2016 (Ans : d)
21. Which of the following is not a component of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana?
(a) Support to Urban Street Vendor (SUSV)
(b) Central Support for Warehouse Creation (CSWC)
(c) Capacity Building and Training (CBT) Programmes
(d) Social Mobilization and Institutional Development (SMID) (Ans : b)
22. What is India's rank in Ease of Doing Business Index in the year 2016-17 ?
(a) 132 (b) 131 (c) 130 (d) 133 (Ans : c)
23. What is the time frame within which a Bill of Entry must be submitted to the Authorised Dealer once the import has taken place?
(a) 6 months (b) 9 months (c) 12 months (d) 3 months (Ans : a)
24. 'Bhoodan Yojana', as a measure of gifting land by the rich landlords to the landless labourers, was started by–
(a) Acharya Narendra Dev (b) Raj Narain (c) Medha Patkar (d) Acharya Vinoba Bhave (Ans : b)
25. National Agriculture Policy, 2010 emphasizes ………. as a measure of land reforms.
(a) cooperative farming (b) distribution of surplus land (c) consolidation of holdings (d) tenancy reforms (Ans : c)
26. The Board of Industrial and Financial Reconstruction (BIFR) came into existence in–
(a) 1986 (b) 1987 (c) 1988 (d) 1985 (Ans : a)
27. Which of the following is found in Tropical Dry Deciduous forests in Uttar Pradesh?
(a) Palas (b) Mahua (c) Kokke (d) Jhingal (Ans : a)
28. Which of the following sages who existed in the Vedic period, do not have relation with Uttar Pradesh ?
(a) Bharadwaaj (b) Atri (c) Parshwanath (d) Yajnavalkya (Ans : c)
29. Maya, the mother of Gautama Buddha, belonged to the ruling family of–
(a) Lumbini (b) Sarnath (c) Deoria (d) Kapilvastu (Ans : c)
30. Which of the following dance forms is not a folk dance of Uttar Pradesh?
(a) Char kula (b) Pai danda (c) Bhartrahari (d) Panthi (Ans : d)
31. Which of the following minerals is found in Karchhana tehsil of Allahabad district?
(a) Marble (b) Bauxite (c) Uranium (d) Glass-sand (Ans : d)
32. As per the report published by Agro-Economic Research Centre, Allahabad in 2015, the ………. acres land ceiling limit was fixed in irrigated land with two crops while ………. acres, land ceiling limit was fixed in irrigated land with one crop respectively.
(a) 27, 18 (b) 18, 18 (c) 27, 27 (d) 18, 27 (Ans : d)
33. ………. is a web based online facility for entrepreneurs desirous of setting up an enterprise in Uttar Pradesh.
(a) Nivesh Bandhu (b) Invest Uttar Pradesh (c) Nivesh Uttar Pradesh (d) Nivesh Mitra (Ans : d)
34. Which of the following is not a government engineering college of Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Technical University ?
(a) Bundelkhand Institute of Engineering & Technology, Jhansi
(b) Harcourt Butler Technological Institute, Kanpur
(c) Motilal Nehru Natinoal Institute of Technology, Allahabad
(d) Madan Mohan Malaviya Engineering College, Gorakhpur (Ans : c)
35. Situated in the central Uttar Pradesh ………. is believed to be the place where Gautam Buddha, along with Brahma and Devraj Indra descended after giving sermons to his mother.
(a) Sravasti (b) Kaushambi (c) Sarnath (d) Sankasia (Ans : d)
36. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has received total disclosures of ………. crores under the Income Disclosure Scheme, 2016.
(a) Rs. 68,540/- (b) Rs. 72,850/- (c) Rs. 55,540/- (d) Rs. 65,250/- (Ans : d)
37. The Centre has proposed how many slabs of rate structure for the Goods & Services Tax on October 18, 2016.
(a) Six (b) Three (c) Four (d) Two (Ans : c)
38. In the biggest buyout by an Indian Pharma Company in Europe, Ahmedabed based INTAS has acquired in October 2016.
(a) Alexendria R & D (b) IBIBO (c) Cerestra (d) Actavis Generics (Teva) (Ans : d)
39. Who will be the chief guest of the Republic Day Celebration, 2017 ?
(a) The Prince of Abu Dhabi (b) The King of Jordan (c) The President of Iran (d) The King of Bahrain (Ans : a)
40. The world's longest reigning monarch, King Bhumibol Adulyadej who died on October 13, 2016, was the king of which nation?
(a) Bahrain (b) Thailand (c) Bhutan (d) Jordan (Ans : b)
41. Who won the Man Booker Prize 2016 for "The Sell-out" ?
(a) David Szalay (b) Daborah Levy (c) Paul Beatty (d) Ottessa Mosfegh (Ans : c)
42. Antonio Guterres has been appointed as the 9th Secretary-General of the United Nations on October 13, 2016. He is the former Prime Minister of which country?
(a) Italy (b) Portugal (c) Sweden (d) Spain (Ans : b)
43. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has decided to do away with the provision of revaluation of answer sheets for ………. from 2017.
(a) Class 11 (b) Class 12 (c) Class 12 and 12 (d) Class 10 (Ans : b)
44. Which is Indian's latest communication satellite launched successfully from Kourou in French Guiana on October 6, 2016 ?
(a) GSAT-17D (b) GSAT-18 (c) GSAT-18A (d) GSAT-17B (Ans : b)
45. Which country for the first time has suffered a humiliating defeat, 5-0, in a five-game bilateral ODI series in October 2016, and by whom?
(a) New Zealand by India (b) West Indies by Pakistan (c) England by Bangladesh (d) Australia by South Africa (Ans : d)
46. Who was the Chairman of the Credentials Committee of the Constituent Assembly of India?
(a) B. Pattabhi Sitaramayya (b) H. C. Mukherjee (c) Alladi Krishnaswamy Ayyar (d) K. M. Munshi (Ans : c)
47. Which Article of the Indian Constitution deals with the protection of monuments, places and objects of national importance?
(a) Article 48 (b) Article 49 (c) Article 42 (d) Article 47(Ans : b)
48. Money from the Contingency Fund of India can be withdrawn only after–
(a) the approval of the President
(b) the approval of the Prime Minister
(c) the prior approval of the Comptroller and Auditor General
(d) the Appropriation Act has been passed by the Parliament (Ans : d)
49. In India, the Union Legislature cannot legislate on a subject in the State List unless–
(a) the Prime Minister calls upon it to do so
(b) the Speaker certifies that it is necessary
(c) the Rajya Sabha passes a resolution that it is necessary in national importance to do so
(d) the President calls upon it to do so (Ans : c)
50. The need for constitutional sanction to Village Panchayats was first felt by the–
(a) Ashok Mehta Committee (b) G. V. K. Rao Committee
(c) L. M. Singhvi Committee (d) Balwant Rai Mehta Committee (Ans : c)
51. Which constitutional amendment of India included Sindhi as the 15th language in the Eighth Schedule?
(a) Twenty-First (b) Twenty-Second (c) Twenty-Third (d) Twentieth (Ans : a)
52. Which one of the following three banks were nationalised in the year 1980?
(a) Corporation Bank, Andhra Bank and New Bank of India
(b) United Commercial Bank, Vijaya Bank and Punjab & Sindh Bank
(c) Canara Bank, Dena Bank and Oriental Bank of Commerce
(d) Bank of India Union Bank of India and Punjab National Bank (Ans : a)
53. Which of the following is not a method of estimating national income of India?
(a) Expenditure method (b) Value Added method (c) Export-import method (d) Income method (Ans : c)
54. Bohaggiyo Bishu is the spring festival of–
(a) Manipur (b) Assam (c) Mizoram (d) Meghalaya (Ans : b)
55. Surendra Nath Ganguly and Sarada Charan Ukil were famous–
(a) Indian Classical dancers (b) Hindustani Musicians (c) Sculptures (d) Painters (Ans : d)
56. The colossal monolithic statue of Gomateshwara is situated at–
(a) Shravanabelagola, Karnataka (b) Bijapur, Karnataka
(c) Hyderabad, Telangana (d) Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu(Ans : a)
57. Bagh Print is a kind of block printing done on textiles, that originated from which of the following States?
(a) Uttar Pradesh (b) Maharashtra (c) Gujarat (d) Madhya Pradesh (Ans : d)
58. A person passes much urine and drinks much water, but his blood glucose level is normal. This condition may be due to–
(a) Hyposecretion of thyroxin from thyroid gland
(b) Hyposecretion of vasopressin from posterior pituitary gland
(c) Hyposecretion of corticosteroids from adrenal gland
(d) Hypersecretion of androgens from testes (Ans : b)
59. Angina Pectoris is a disorder caused due to malfunction of which of the following body parts of humans?
(a) Lungs (b) Heart (c) Kidney (d) Liver (Ans : b)
60. If suddenly the gravitational force of attraction between the Earth and a satellite revolving around it becomes zero, then the satellite will–
(a) move tangentially to the original orbit with same velocity (b) become stationary in its orbit
(c) move towards the Earth (d) continue to move in this orbit with same velocity (Ans : a)
61. Which of the following elements converts vegetable oil into ghee (solid fat) ?
(a) Oxygen (b) Hydrogen (c) Potassium (d) Helium (Ans : b)
62. Detergents are better cleansing agents than soaps and can be used for washing even with hard water because–
(a) they form soluble sodium and magnesium salt with hard water
(b) they do not form insoluble calcium and magnesium salt with hard water
(c) they are sodium salts of long chain alkyl hydrogen sulphate
(d) they form insoluble calcium and phosphate slat with hard water (Ans : b)
63. While crossing a river in a boat, it is not advisable to stand because–
(a) this will keep the centre of gravity of the system (boat and passengers) low which ensures stability of the boat
(b) this will keep the centre of gravity of the system (boat and passengers) high which ensures stability of the boat
(c) this might increase or decrease sudden speed of the system (Boat and passengers)
(d) the person might get more frightened and will cause instability of the system (boat and passengers) (Ans : a)
64. The component of cement which has the property of setting quickly and acquiring considerable strength with in few days and constitutes 50% of the cement is–
(a) Tricalcium Phosphate (b) Dicalcium Silicate (c) Tricalcium Silicate (d) Tricalcium Aluminate (Ans : c)
65. What would be the position of the image, if an object is placed between focus and pole of a concave mirror?
(a) At the centre of curvature
(b) Between the centre of curvature and infinity
(c) Behind the mirror (d) Between focus and the centre of curvature (Ans : c)
66. ………. is a contagious viral disease that causes painful swelling of the salivary glands.
(a) Diphtheria (b) Cholera (c) Influenza (d) Mumps (Ans : d)
67. Lymph nodes, the spleen, bone marrow and lymphocytes form which of the following functionary systems of the human body?
(a) Immune system (b) Endocrine system (c) Nervous system (d) Respiratory system (Ans : a)
68. Which one of the following is a land-locked country?
(a) Laos (b) Thailand (c) Vietnam (d) Cambodia (Ans : a)
69. Willy Willy is a–
(a) wind that blows in a desert (b) tropical cyclone of North-West Australia
(c) kind of common fish found near Maldives (d) type of tree grown in temperate regions (Ans : b)
70. Which of the following gives the correct sequence of places going from the east to the west of India?
(a) Tinsukhia, Phulpur, Udaipur, Rajkot (b) Jorhat, Bhopal, Ahmedabad, Rajkot
(c) Guwahati, Silchar, Bhopal. Rajkot (d) Silchar, Tinsukhia, Indore, Vadodara (Ans : b)
71. Which of the following two states are getting advantage from the Mayurakshi project?
(a) West Bengal and Assam (b) Jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh
(c) Jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh (d) Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh (Ans : b)
72. The Jongsong Peak is located in–
(a) Arunachal Pradesh (b) Uttarkhand (c) Jammu and Kashmir (d) Sikkim (Ans : d)
73. Which of the following statements is not true?
(a) Son originates near Amarkantak in Madhya Pradesh.
(b) Gandhi Sagar Dam is located in the Mandsaur district of the State of Madhya Pradesh.
(c) Indira Sagar Dam is a multipurpose project of Madhya Pradesh on the Narmada River at Narmadanagar in the Khargone district of Madhya Pradesh.
(d) Penganga is a tributary of the Godavari. (Ans : c)
74. As per the Census of India 2011, which of the following Union Territories has registered lowest decadal growth among all the Union Territories?
(a) Daman and Diu (b) Lakshadweep (c) Chandigarh (d) Dadar and Nagar Haveli (Ans : b)
75. As per the Census of India 2011, ………. was the only State to show a fall in Muslim population.
(a) Uttarakhand (b) Manipur (c) Mizoram (d) Gujarat (Ans : b)
76. As per Census of India 2011, population of Scheduled Castes is ………. million.
(a) 201.4 (b) 184.3 (c) 224.8 (d) 166.6 (Ans : a)
77. As per Census of India 2011, population of India grew by 17.7% as against ………. in the previous decade.
(a) 21.5% (b) 22.5% (c) 23.5% (d) 20.5% (Ans : a)
78. As per Census of India 2011, which of the following States/Union Territories have the lowest number of disabled persons?
(a) Daman and Diu (b) Punjab (c) Meghalaya (d) Lakshadweep (Ans : d)
79. As per Census of India 2011, what is the difference between the Male Literacy and Female literacy?
(a) 11% (b) 12.3% (c) 16.3% (d) 5.6% (Ans : c)
80. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) has been launched by the Government of India with the purpose to provide housing for all by 2022. What is the interest subsidy being provided by the Government-on loans availed from the Bank?
(a) 5.5% (b) 4.5% (c) 3.5% (d) 6.5% (Ans : d)
81. An apex committee has been formed at the national level to ensure implementation of Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) started by the Government of India. Who is the Chairman for this apex committee ?
(a) Madhusudan Prasad (b) G. Gurueharan (c) Hem Kumar Pandey (d) Rajiv Gauba (Ans : d)
82. Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), what is the maximum carpet area of the house that can be brought/built by persons belonging to Economic Weaker Section (EWS) to avail the benefit of the said scheme?
(a) 40 m2 (b) 50 m2 (c) 60 m2 (d) 30 m2 (Ans : d)
83. The number of cities which are announced to be included in the smart cities' list on 20th September, 2016 is–
(a) 27 (b) 18 (c) 25 (d) 20 (Ans : a)
84. The Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India, launched the National Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY) Scheme on 21st January, 2015, with a focus on holistic development of heritage cities. Which of the following cities is not a part of it?
(a) Badami (b) Ujjain (c) Velankanni (d) Warangal (Ans : b)
85. Manda, the northern-most site of Indus civilisation in Jammu and Kashmir is located on the bank of ………. river.
(a) Sutlej (b) Zanskar (c) Chenab (d) Jhelum (Ans : c)