UPSSSC Excise Constable General Knowledge Solved Questions–
1. Battle of Haldighati in the year 1576 was fought between–
(a) Shershah-Humayun (b) Maharana Pratap-Akbar
(c) Muhammad Ghori-Prithviraj Chauhan (d) Babur-Ibrahim Lodi (Ans : b)
2. Who was the architect of Humayun's Tomb situated at Delhi?
(a) Mirak Mirza Ghiyath (b) Abdul Latif (c) Mir Qasim (d) Shaikh Alam Shah (Ans : a)
3. Which article of the Constitution of India declared Hindi as the official language of India?
(a) Article-315 (b) Article-343 (c) Articel-370 (d) Article-51 A (Ans : b)
4. Which Indian film has won the National Award for best film in 2016?
(a) Baahubali (b) Bajirao Mastani (c) Baby (d) Bajrangi Bhaijaan (Ans : a)
5. Recently Akhilesh Yadav led Samajwadi government has proposed to increase the salaries of Legislators from
(a) Rs. 75000 to Rs. 125000 per month (b) Rs. 60000 to Rs. 75000 per month
(c) Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000 per month (d) Rs. 40000 to Rs. 50000 per month (Ans : a)
6. Which Nation won its 1000th Olympic Gold Medal at Rio Olympic 2016?
(a) Germany (b) China (c) Britain (d) America (Ans : d)
7. What is the average annual temperature of Uttar Pradesh State?
(a) 38°C (b) 28°C (c) 31°C (d) 40°C (Ans : b)
8. What is the estimated length of 'BICYCLE HIGHWAY' to be developed by Uttar Pradesh government to encourage eco-tourism?
(a) 250 km (b) 150 km (c) 200 km (d) 300 km (Ans : c)
9. The highest point of India is–
(a) Mount Iso (b) Saddle Peak (c) Kangchenjunga (d) Doli Gutta (Ans : c)
10. What is the approximate ratio of Hydrogen to Helium in Sun?
(a) 3 : 2 (b) 3 : 1 (c) 2 : 1 (d) 4 : 3 (Ans : b)
11. How many members of Rajya Sabha are nominated by the President of India?
(a) 10 (b) 15 (c) 12 (d) 18 (Ans : c)
12. Which of the following blood group is called 'Universal Donor'?
(a) A (b) AB (c) O (d) B (Ans : c)
13. The new numbering scheme for National Highway Network in India was introduced in which year?
(a) 2005 (b) 2010 (c) 2012 (d) 2014 (Ans : b)
14. Which is the largest lake in India?
(a) Wular Lake (b) Loktak Lake (c) Dal Lake (d) Pangong Iso (Ans : a)
15. Which article of the Indian Constitution gives Jammu and Kashmir a special status?
(a) Article-315 (b) Article-353 (c) Article-363 (d) Article-370 (Ans : d)
16. The 'SACHET' portal to check illegal money collection has been launched by
(a) Reserve Bank of India (b) Income Tax Department (c) Central Excise Department (d) Central Bureau of Investigation (Ans : a)
17. Famous author of Indian origin Arvind Adiga has written, which of the following Book?
(a) India 2020 (b) Golden Threshold (c) Kora Kagaz (d) The White Tiger (Ans : d)
18. Under the ongoing Income declaration Scheme 2016, which is the last date to declare unaccounted Assets and Income?
(a) October 2, 2016 (b) September 30, 2016 (c) August 15, 2016 (d) August 31, 2016 (Ans : b)
19. Which is the smallest country in the world in terms of geographical area?
(a) Singapore (b) Macau (c) Vatican City (d) Maldives (Ans : c)
20. Under the Samajwadi free Smartphone Yojana, a resident of Uttar Pradesh can register for free smartphone, provided his annual income is up to–
(a) Rs. 4 lakh (b) Rs. 3 lakh (c) Rs. 2,5 lakh (d) Rs. 21akh (Ans : d)
21. 'ALU' in computer system stands for–
(a) Arithmetical Logical Unit (b) Array Logic Unit (c) Application Logic Unit (d) All drive Logic Unit (Ans : a)
22. Which one of the following is different from others?
(a) Linux (b) Google (c) Windows (d) IOS (Ans : b)
23. Who has been appointed as the new Lokayukta of Uttar Pradesh in 2016?
(a) Justice Rudrama Devi (b) Justice Arun Mishra (c) Justice Deepak Mishra (d) Justice Sanjay Mishra (Ans : d)
24. Which is the second largest gland in human body?
(a) Gall Bladder (b) Pituitary (c) Pancreas (d) Liver (Ans : c)
25. At Rio Olympic 2016, Carolina Marin defeated, which player to win Gold Medal in Women's single Badminton?
(a) Yu Yang (b) Saina Nehwal (c) Majin (d) PV Sindhu (Ans : d)
26. Recently, which country was declared Malaria-free by World Health' Organisation (WHO)?
(a) Bangladesh (b) Sri Lanka (c) Iran (d) Kenya (Ans : b)
27. When was the National Anthem of India adopted by Constituent Assembly?
(a) August 15, 1947 (b) January 26, 1950 (c) January 1, 1948 (d) January 24, 1950 (Ans : d)
28. 'Pravasi Bhartiya Divas' in India is celebrated on–
(a) January 1 (b) February 15 (c) October 11 (d) January 9 (Ans : d)
29. Which of the following is not an inner planet?
(a) Mercury (b) Venus (c) Mars (d) Neptune (Ans : d)