Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Service Selection Commission (UPSSSC)
Amin and Ahlmad Recruitment Exam 2016General Knowledge Solved Paper
1. In Uttar Pradesh, lemon is largely grown in–
(a) Saharanpur and Meerut (b) Fatehpur and Pratapgarh (c) Lucknow and Hardoi (d) Allahabad and Varanasi (Ans : b)
2. Which of the following pulses is not covered under Minimum Support Price (MSP)?
(a) Arhar (b) Masoor (c) Urad (d) Moong (Ans : b)
3. 'Gross Domestic Happiness' concept has been developed by–
(a) Sweden (b) Bhutan (c) Austria (d) India (Ans : b)
4. Which village ,in Punjab has given the highest number Hockey Olympians?
(a) Phagwara (b) Batala (c) Mukerian (d) Sansarpur (Ans : d)
5. The fastest train in the world is–
(a) Shinkansen (Japan) (b) German ICE-3 (c) French TGV (d) Shanghai Maglev (Ans : d)
6. Bastar is a tribal district in the State of–
(a) Madhya Pradesh (b) Chhattisgarh (c) Jharkhand (d) Odisha (Ans : b)
7. 'Yaari Hai Iman Mera, Yaar Meri Zindagi' is a famous Indo-Afghan friendship song picturised in the film
(a) Dosti (b) Border (c) Zanjeer (d) Upkar (Ans : c)
8. Who said, "You should go to college and fill your head with knowledge"?
(a) Angela Merkel (b) Michelle Obama (c) Mahasweta Devi (d) Nita Ambani (Ans : b)
9. Beton Wali Vidhwa is a short story written by–
(a) Kamleshwar (b) Premchand (c) Ismat Chughtai (d) Khalil Gibran (Ans : b)
10. Which of the following is not included in 'Panchagavya'?
(a) Cow milk (b) Cow dung (c) Cow ghee (d) Tulsi (Ans : d)
11. In recent visit to African countries, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi played drums with the President of which country?
(a) Kenya (b) South Africa (c) Mozambique (d) Tanzania (Ans : d)
12. Which of the following countries has the highest fertility rate in the world?
(a) Angola (b) Mali (c) Somalia (d) Nigeria (Ans : c)
13. Who among the following is the first woman President or Nepal?
(a) Sushila Karki (b) Bidhya Devi Bhandari (c) On sari Gharti Magar (d) None of the above (Ans : b)
14. The present Prime Minister of United Kingdom is–
(a) David Cameron (b) Andrea Leadsom (c) Angela Eagle (d) Theresa May (Ans : d)
15. The largest judicial body in the world is–
(a) International-Court of Justice (b) Allahabad High Court (c) Supreme Court of India (d) UNCLOS on Sea (Ans : a)
16. Which of the following is not covered under Minimum Support Price (MSP)?
(a) Tobacco (b) Copra (c) Vegetable/Fruit (d) Jute (Ans : c)
17. Who among the following is the present emperor of Japan who has desired to step down on health grounds?
(a) Hirohito (b) Akihito (c) Naruhito (d) None of these (Ans : b)
18. Manual scavenging is banned in India since–
(a) 1947 (b) 1952 (c) 1990 (d) 1993 (Ans : d)
19. The World Population Day is observed on–
(a) July 1 (b) July 8 (c) July 11 (d) July 25 (Ans : c)
20. What is true about 'Soil Health Card'?
(a) It comes free of cost. (b) It gives information to improve the soil for high yields.
(c) It helps in applying right quantum of fertilizer as per requirement of crops. (d) All of the above (Ans : d)
21. According to Census 2011, the number of women senior citizens in India is–
(a) 103 million (b) 93 million (c) 53 million (d) 51 million (Ans : c)
22. India is world's biggest parliamentary democracy. When was its first Lok Sabha held?
(a) August 16, 1947 (b) January 27, 1950 (c) May 13, 1952 (d) June 15, 1952 (Ans : c)
23. 'Potala Palace', a seven-storeyed structure, is associated with–
(a) Maharana of Jodhpur (b) Dalai Lama (c) Raja Virbhadra of Himachal Pradesh (d) Bajirao Mastani (Ans : b)
24. Due to racial discrimination, Mahatma Gandhi was thrown out of the first class compartment at Pietermaritzburg Railway Station in South Africa in the year–
(a) 1890 (b) 1891 (c) 1892 (d) 1893 (Ans : d)
25. In Euro Football Championship, 2016, Portugal won the championship defeating–
(a) Germany (b) Spain (c) France (d) Poland (Ans : c)
26. Which among the following is part of 'Jarib'?
(a) Feeta (b) Challa (c) Gattha (d) All of these (Ans : d)
27. One acre of land is equal to
(a) 4840 sq yards (b) 10 sq jarib (c) 0.40467 hectare (d) All of these (Ans : a)
28. In which ancient kingdom, women used to participate in wrestling?
(a) Bahmani kingdom (b) Vijayanagar kingdom (c) Chola kingdom (d) None of the above (Ans : b)
29. Who among the following Mughal emperors was totally non-alcoholic?
(a) Akbar (b) Shah Jahan (c) Jahangir (d) Aurangzeb (Ans : d)
30. Who among the following brought Bhakti Movement to Northern India?
(a) Ramanuja (b) Madhvacharya (c) Ramananda (d) Ramdas (Ans : a)
31. who among the following is the present captain of Indian hockey team participating in Rio Olympics?
(a) Sardar Singh (b) Akashdeep Singh (c) Harmanpreet Singh(d) Sreejesh (Ans : d)
32. How many sessions of Indian National Congress were presided over by Mahatma Gandhi?
(a) Three (b) Two (c) One (d) None (Ans : c)
33. Which of the following countries has. not adopted 'April 1 to March 31' as its Financial Year?
(a) Japan (b) New Zealand (c) America (d) Canada (Ans : c)
34. Terminal Doppler Radar (TDR) is used for–
(a) weather forecasting (b) landing of planes in inclement weather
(c) recording of earthquakes (d) deep-sea navigation (Ans : a)
35. Which of the following countries has the lowest fertility rate in the world?
(a) Singapore (b) South Korea (c) Taiwan (d) Latvia (Ans : a)
36. The first flower grown in space is–
(a) Zinnia (b) Arnoldii (c) Rafflesia (d) None of these (Ans : a)
37. Who among the following has been conferred with the 51st Jnanpith Award by the President of India?
(a) Ashok Vajpayee (b) Pushpesh Pant (c) Mrinal Pande (d) Raghuveer Chaudhari (Ans : d)
38. Which State government in India has started the process of banning dog-meat?
(a) Nagaland (b) Odisha (c) Manipur (d) Arunachal Pradesh (Ans : a)
39. Which of the following cities in India is most densely populated?
(a) Kalyan (b) Hyderabad (c) Kanpur ((d) Vijayawada (Ans : b)
40. What is the literacy rate of Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh?
(a) 56% (b) 71% (c) 84% (d) 89% (Ans : c)
41. Who among the following was the first Governor of Uttar Pradesh?
(a) KM Munshi (b) Sarojini Naidu (c) Sucheta Kriplani (d) VV Giri (Ans : b)
42. Which of the following agricultural crops was covered under Minimum Support Price (MSP) for the first time in 1965?
(a) Cotton (b) Tobacco (c) Paddy (d) Wheat (Ans : c)
43. 'Operation Sankat Mochan' is associated with–
(a) flood relief work (b) evacuation of Indians from South Sudan
(c) National Disaster Management (d) None of the above (Ans : b)
44. Who among the following has become the new Chairman of Competition Commission of India (CCI)?
(a) DK Sikri (b) Amitabh Kant (c) Ashok Chawla (d) Dhanendra Kumar (Ans : a)
45. 'Pokemon GO', which is recently in headlines, is associated with–
(a) football league (b) mobile game (c) electric car (d) space mission (Ans : b)
46. When did United Provinces become Uttar Pradesh?
(a) 1937 (b) 1947 (c) 1950 (d) 1952 (Ans : c)
47. Which Mughal emperor made Allahabad his capital?
(a) Akbar (b) Shah Alam (c) Both (a) and (b) (d) None of these (Ans : b)
48. Prithviraj Chauhan was defeated due to treachery of Jaichand. Subsequently where and when jaichand was killed?
(a) Tarai, 1192 (b) Chandavar, 1193 (c) Kannauj, 1194 (d) None of these (Ans : c)
49. Prior to Kannauj, Harshavardhana was the emperor of–
(a) Kaushambi (b) Kushinagar (c) Shravasti (d) Thaneshwar (Ans : d)
50. The only area in Uttar Pradesh, where copper is found, is–
(a) Banda (b) Mirzapur (c) Lalitpur (d) Bulandshahar (Ans : c)