General Knowledge and General Awareness
1. Which one of the following Pacts sought to be resolved the Hindu-Muslim differences?
(A) Gandhi-Irwin Pact (B) Poona Pact (C) Lucknow Pact (D) Lahore Pact (Ans : C)
2. Who among the following was the Prime Minister of England when India was given independence ?
(A) Mountbatten (B) Churchill (C) Wavell (D) Attlee (Ans : D)
3. Which of the following countries has become the first country in the world to receive funds from United Nations for its fast growing Solar Home Systems?
(A) Burma (B) Afghanistan (C) Bangladesh (D) Switzerland (Ans : C)
4. A new molecule Heat Shock Protein 90 (HSP90) was discovered in 2014 by the Didier Picard. The new discovery could help in effective treatment of–
(A) TB (B) Malaria (C) AIDS (D) None of these (Ans : D)
5. A dispersion indicates–
(A) the value of standard deviation (B) the value of mean
(C) spread of data around central measure (D) the value of mode (Ans : C)
6. Who among following Indian writers have been long listed among the 13 international authors for the Man Booker Prize of 2015 ?
(A) Anuradha Roy and Sanjeev Sahata (B) Arvind Adiga and Shashi Tharoor
(C) Chetan Bhagat and Jhumpa Lahiri (D) Amitav Ghosh and Amrita Pritam (Ans : A)
7. The original jurisdiction of the Supreme Court covers–
(A) Disputes between different units of the Indian Union (B) National Integrity of India
(C) Terrorism related cases (D) Civil and Criminal cases (Ans : A)
8. Antigen presenting cells are specialized cells present in all of the following, except–
(A) Spleen (B) Lymph node (C) Skin (D) Kidney (Ans : B)
9. An organic compound which produces bluish green coloured flame on heating in presence of copper is–
(A) Benzaldehyde (B) Benzoic Acid (C) Aniline (D) Chlorobenzene (Ans : D)
10. One strategy of allocating kernel memory is known as–
(A) register allocation (B) resource allocation (C) frames allocation (D) slab allocation (Ans : C)
11. In the absence of the president and Vice-President, who discharges the functions of the President?
(A) Advocate General (B) Comptroller and Auditor General (C) Attorney General (D) Chief Justice of India (Ans : D)
12. Which of the following is not be essential element of the State?
(A) Government (B) Population (C) Sovereignty (D) Institutions (Ans : D)
13. In a simple Keynesian model equilibrium is characterized by the equality of–
(A) realized saving and realized investment (B) planned saving and realized investment
(C) planned saving and planned investment (D) realized saving and planned investment (Ans : C)
14. Political Science is a science of–
(A) Cultural Engineering (B) Social Engineering (C) Economic Engineering (D) Political Engineering (Ans : D)
15. The Vedic literature was composed between–
(A) 3500 B.C. and 1000 B.C. (B) 3500 B.C. and 2500 B.C.
(C) 2500 B.C. and 500 B.C. (D) 3000 B.C. and 1000 B.C. (Ans : C)
16. In which type of vulnerability, an unauthorized host pretends to be authorized host by meeting some authorization criterion ?
(A) phishing (B) spoofing (C) tunnel (0) keystroke logger (Ans : B)
17. Who of the following is not one of the recipients of Arjuna Award 2015 ?
(A) P. R. Sreejesh (Hockey) (B) Anoop Singh (Wrestling) (C) Dipa Karmakar (Gymnastics) (D) Jitu Rai (Shooting) (Ans : B)
18. A closed vessel containing some gas at atmospheric pressure and room temperature is placed in a fast moving train. The temperature of the gas will–
(A) increase or decrease depending on the chemical composition of the gas
(B) remain unchanged (C) increase (D) decrease (Ans : C)
19. The Rath temples at Mahabalipuram were built by–
(A) Chedis (B) Cholas (C) Chalukyas (D) Pallavas (Ans : D)
20. Which of the following has become the first airport in the world to fully operational on Solar Power?
(A) Amritsar International Airport (B) Cochin International Airport Ltd. (Kerala)
(C) Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport (D) Lokpriya Gopinath Bardoli International Airport (Ans : B)
21. The capsule of Anthoceros differs from Funaria in that in the latter–
(A) elaters are absent (B) columella is absent (C) elaters are present (D) columella is present (Ans : A)
22. The concept of Liberty, Equality and Fraternity enshrined in the Indian Constitution is inspired from–
(A) Irish Constitution (B) French Constitution (C) US Constitution (D) UK Constitution (Ans : B)
23. If the pressure in a closed vessel is reduced by drawing out some gas, the mean free path of the gas molecules will–
(A) increase (B) increase or decrease depending on the nature of the gas (C) decrease (D) remain unchanged (Ans : A)
24. A plant with green leaves placed in red light will appear–
(A) Black (B) Violet (C) Green (D) Red (Ans : A)
25. Which type of molecular motion does not contribute towards internal energy?
(A) None of these (B) Rotational (C) Vibrational (D) Translational (Ans : D)
26. The minor irrigation schemes have Cultural Command Area (CCA) upto–
(A) 1500 hectares (B) 2000 hectares (C) 3000 hectares (D) 2500 hectares (Ans : B)
27. Viruses that infect bacteria are called–
(A) Basal body (B) Basophils (C) Basidiospores (D) Bacteriophages (Ans : D)
28. Which of the following Islands is under direct threat of rising sea levels due to climate change has appealed for help from European leaders?
(A) Nauru (B) Tuvalu Islands (C) Palau (D) Marshall Islands (Ans : B)
29. In terms of value, India's exports in Descending order are–
(A) Textiles, Gems and Jewellery, Engineering goods (B) Gems & Jewellery, Textiles, Engineering goods
(C) Textiles, Engineering goods, Gems and Jewellery (D) Engineering goods, Gems and Jewellery, Textiles (Ans : D)
30. The lethal dose required to kill 50% of the lab animals tested under standard is referred as–
(A) LD50 (B) ID50 (C) MLD (D) ID (Ans : A)
31. Comptroller and Auditor General of India is not responsible for–
(A) Regulating Reserve Bank of India (B) Issue of money from the Consolidated Fund
(C) Accounting of States & UTs, and Auditing of all Government Institutions (D) Making payments to the States (Ans : A)
32. Which of the following determines whether a group of organisms that is from the same genus and species arise from a common source or from different sources ?
(A) Biotyping (B) Phage typing (C) DNA hybridization (D) Serotyping (Ans : C)
33. The method of age determination called "radioactive uranium dating" cannot be used to determine the age of–
(A) minerals on earth (B) fossils and plant bodies (C) rocks (D) the earth (Ans : B)
34. How many times did Babur invade India before 1526 A.D. ?
(A) Five times (B) Two times (C) None of these (D) Four times (Ans : D)
35. The directive principles of state policy of the Indian Constitution is an idea borrowed from the Constitution of–
(A) Australian (B) Ireland (C) Russian (D) American (Ans : B)
36. Demand curve is indeterminate under–
(A) monopoly (B) oligopoly (C) duopoly (D) pure competition (Ans : B)
37. Altocumulus clouds occur at altitude of–
(A) 1000 m –1800 m (B) 2000 m – 6000 m (C) 10000 m – 12000 m (D) 6000 m – 10000 m (Ans : B)
38. Professor Ramesh Chand has been appointed as new full time member of National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog. He is a–
(A) Renowned English Professor (B) None of these
(C) Renowned Agriculture Expert (D) Renowned Physics Professor (Ans : C)
39. Basic problems of an economy is/are–
(A) Decide as to what, how and for whom to produce (B) Providing Social Security and employment to all
(C) Providing basic requirements of life to all
(D) Elimination of poverty and reduction of inequalities of income and wealth (Ans : A)
40. Parliamentary Government is a form of Constitutional democracy in which–
(A) the legislature emerge from and is responsible to the executive
(B) the legislatures emerge from and is responsible to the judiciary
(C) the executives emerge from and is responsible to the judiciary
(D) the executive emerge from and is responsible to the legislature (Ans : D)
41. U-235 belongs to which member of the series?
(A) Actinium series (B) Uranium series (C) Thorium series (D) Neptunium series (Ans : B)
42. The book "Globalization Democratization and Distributive Justice" has been authored by–
(A) Karan Bajaj (B) Mool Chand Sharma (C) Anita Nair (D) Salman Rushdies (Ans : B)
43. The principle involved in the absorption of water by soil is–
(A) Suction action (B) Capillary action (C) Principle of absorption (D) Condensation (Ans : B)
44. Which of the following is present in maximum amount in acid rain ?
(A) H2CO3 (B) HCl (C) H2SO4 (D) HNO3 (Ans : A)
45. In which of the following year the Gandhi- Irwin Pact was signed ?
(A) 1931 (B) 1932 (C) 1935 (D) 1929 (Ans : A)
46. Which of the following Football teams won UEFA Super Cup of Georgia on August 12, 2015 ?
(A) Atlatico Madrid (B) Sevilla (C) Real Madrid (D) Barcelona (Ans : D)
47. If the selling price of a product under perfect competition is Rs. 25, the Marginal Revenue will be–
(A) less than Rs. 25 (B) more than Rs. 25 (C) zero (D) equal to Rs. 25 (Ans : D)
48. Starch is insoluble in water but still it is stored in large quantity in potato because–
(A) it is synthesized in potato root (B) soil microorganisms deposit it in the tuber
(C) it is translocated in the form of sugar from leaves (D) it is useful for human (Ans : A)
49. Marginal Revenue is–
(A) Revenue realized on every unit sold (B) The average revenue of a firm
(C) Revenue realized on the sale of an extra units (D) Revenue realized from the sale of all units (Ans : C)
50. In Indian architecture 'Surkhi' was introduced by–
(A) Guptas (B) Kushans (C) Sultanate Sultans (D) Mughals (Ans : C)