We are giving 28 questions with answers of General Intelligence and Reasoning asked in SSC CAPFs/Delhi Police Sub-Inspectors Exam of 2016. These all questions will very helpful to you for the forthcoming government competitive exams and will increase your intelligence skills.
Direction (Q. 1-6) : Find the odd word/ letters/ number pair from the given alternatives.
1. Find the odd number pair–
(A) 183 – 54 (B) 99 – 63 (C) 108 – 97 (D) 243 – 132 (Ans : C)
2. Find the odd number–
(A) 495 (B) 583 (C) 286 (D) 166 (Ans : D)
3. Find the odd word–
(A) Air Marshal (B) Wing Commander (C) Captain (D) Group captain (Ans : C)
4. Find the odd letters–
(A) D F I M (B) N P S W (C) K M P T (D) D F O U (Ans : D)
5. Find the odd word–
(A) Rectangle (B) Rhombus (C) Square (D) Kite (Ans : C)
6. Find the odd letters–
(A) L R X (B) I N U (C) A G M (D) M S Y (Ans : B)
7. Sanjith faces towards north turning to his right, he walks 10m. He then turn to left and walks 30 m. He moves 25 m to his right and again to right through 50 m. Finally he turns to right and moves 40 m. In which direction is he now from his starting point?
(A) South-East (B) North-East (C) South-West (D) North-West (Ans : C)
Directions (Q. 8-13) : Select the related word/letters/number from the given alternatives.
8. Nurture : Neglect : : Denigrate : ?
(A) Recognise (B) Reveal (C) Extol (D) Reply (Ans : C)
9. 43 : 57 : : 111 : ?
(A) 136 (B) 135 (C) 133 (D) 134 (Ans : C)
10. Modesty : Arrogance : : ?
(A) Speak : Lecture (B) Obese : Fat (C) Ship : Fleet (D) Debility : Strength (Ans : D)
11. 23 : 0827 : : 45 : ?
(A) 64125 (B) 12025 (C) 12125 (D) 08125 (Ans : A)
12. AZBY : CXDW : : EVFU : ?
(A) FUVE (B) BXWD (C) GTHS (D) ZYEU (Ans : C)
13. ABDG : ZYWT : : BCEH : ?
(A) YXVS (B) QPRU (C) YXTS (D) SVXY (Ans : A)
Directions (Q. 14-15) : From the given alternative words, select the word which cannot be formed using the letters of the given word.
(A) MARBLE (B) RAMPANT (C) LABOUR (D) RAMBLE (Ans : B)
(A) ORATION (B) ORGAN (C) ORGANISE (D) NATION (Ans : C)
16. If 678 = 83, 476 = 75 and 567 = 80, what is 369 = ?
(A) 40 (B) 99 (C) 18 (D) 72 (Ans : A)
17. Which numbers complete the series?
3 1 5 3 _ 5 9 _ 11
(A) 7, 7 (B) 7, 6 (C) 8, 7 (D) 6, 6 (Ans : A)
18. In a peculiar mathematical operation, plus means multiplication, minus means plus, divided means minus and multiplication means sum of digit of two numbers. Follow these rules and solve the following example–
(6 × 7) – (8 × 9) – (10 × 11) = ?
(A) 51 (B) 33 (C) 224 (D) 04 (Ans : A)
Direction (Q. 19-20) : A series is given, with one term missing. Choose the correct alternative form the given options that will complete the series.
19. 3, 17, 45, 87, …?…
(A) 153 (B) 143 (C) 123 (D) 183 (Ans : B)
20. AZWD, CXUF, …?..., GTQJ
(A) EVSH (B) EUTH (C) EVPI (D) EUSH (Ans : A)
21. Grouping of word are given. Choose the next words in the series from the given options.
AFGHAN, INDEFINITY, SYNOPSIS, STUPENDOUS, BURST
(A) COMPANION (B) GLACIAL (C) RESCRIPT (D) HIJACKER (Ans : D)
22. If BHASHA is coded as 154754, BRAIN is coded as 13408, AHINSA will be coded as–
(A) 450874 (B) 450847 (C) 405847 (D) 458074 (Ans : A)
23. In a certain language GAMBLE is coded as FBLCKF, how is FLOWER coded in that code?
(A) GKPVFQ (B) GMPVDS (C) EMNXDS (D) EKNVDQ (Ans : C)
24. A is elder to B while C and D are elder to E who lies between A and C. If C is elder to B, who is the youngest?
(A) A (B) C (C) D (D) B (Ans : D)
25. Mona is 6 years younger to her husband and he is 5 times as old as his daughter Rina. If Rina was 5 years old 3 years back, what is the present age of Mona?
(A) 34 (B) 30 (C) 35 (D) 40 (Ans : A)
26. X is sister of Y. Y is brother of Z. Z is husband of P. O is father of Y. How is P related to O?
(A) Uncle (B) Daughter (C) Sister (D) Daughter-in-law (Ans : D)
27. Indu starts travelling towards east and stops after 35 km and turns right and walks another 15 km and again turns right and walk 15 km and then stop. What is the minimum distance Indu has to walk to reach the starting point?
(A) 25 km (B) 30 km (C) 35 km (D) 20 km (Ans : A)
28. Which one set of letters when sequentially placed at the gaps in the given letter series shall complete it?
(A) pxrqxr (B) rsqprx (C) rxpqrx (D) xrprqx (Ans : C)